• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kings are in the 2018 playoffs

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah man, and I was gonna troll. You guys seem fairly level headed, generally speaking, when compared to some of my real life friends that are Kings fans.

Those guys have been weeded out of from this page, they are pretty prevalent on LGK and LAKI or Teh Blog as we call it. There is a reason we post here and not there, some of the myopia, assessments and comments just make you wonder sometimes. Most of us here have been long suffering Kings fans.

Myself, 32 years - grew up in NE Ohio right on Lake Erie and near the Canadian border. My older cousin introduced me to ice hockey, he laced me up, gave me a milk crate and pushed me in Thunder Bay. The love was born, I couldn't get enough of it. I went through US national programs, travel/club/organized hockey but that dream was killed when we moved to CA in 1986 because none of that existed here at the time. First residence was LA, thus a Kings fan primarily but also the O6, watching Toronto, NY, etc. growing up.

Out of privacy I won't say his name, but a cousin was drafted in the 1st round by the Flames within the last 20 years. Unfortunately he completely lost the passion to play, the reality of being a professional wasn't for him. He is a down to earth blue collar guy - most of my family is - but my uncle is an overbearing assclown who forced him down that road when it wasn't what he wanted to do from as far as I can remember. He has worked for a large Canadian organization after leaving hockey for the last 15 years. My point: for some of us it's in our blood.

The closest rink to me in Los Angeles was Pickwick in Burbank, which still exists today (my 7 year old son just played there not too long ago, pretty nutty seeing him score a goal on the same ice I did) but that was about it. Hockey didn't really pick up here in terms of development until after Greztky was traded here.

Went off on a tangent, you'll get used to that from me.

=)~~

Back on point, most of us understand the nuances of the game, what the franchise went through, have experienced some extreme highs and extreme lows (The Dark Years for example, mid 1990s) so we really try and have a balanced look at the team. We also keep tabs on all other teams to be well educated, we talk the business of hockey, all kinds of stuff. I'm relied on as the CBA expert in this forum and something I take pride in for some torturous reason, I'm a businessman by trade so that probably explains it.

There was an uptick of jabronis of course after the two Cups and leading up to contender status, which is going to happen with any franchise. I'm sure it already exists in Vegas, been there many times when LA did Frozen Fury for so many years at the MGM bt finally around 2003/2004 I got sick of it because most Kings fans just used it as an excuse to go to Vegas and be a drunk dumbass.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok that's better. There are dickheads in every fan base.

When the Wings were in their heyday, I can't tell you how obnoxious their fans were in LA. I do not like hurting people, but when he physically confronted me I went into fight or flight mode. I had had enough of this guy from the entire evening.

My buddy somehow got me out of the crowd and away becaue security and police were showing up but nothing ever came of it. I actually felt bad for a minute on the drive home but then my friend reminded me...he was an obnoxious Wings fan who asked for it.

We then stopped at a bar and had beers.

=)~~

LoCal Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the series..... I agree a conspiracy theory is a bit much. I thought Kings would take series, but Vegas is obviously playing just enough better. If Kings had pulled out that OT game while having DD suspended, it could've galvanized them big time. Asi es la vida.....

The real wonder is how favorable the Expansion really was. I thought the NHL had originally put out a statement that the draft wasn't suppose to have any "deals" ??? (i.e., Vegas would choose one player from each team from the players not on the protected list). But obviously, that was not the case because McPhee was a master of making deals left and right for the Expansion draft. (How the hell did he get 2nd round pick from Pittsburgh in addition to Fleury?? Theodore from Anaheim??). As far as the Kings are concerned, I thought McNabb was a "fair" player to lose in Expansion, so no real complaints there. But the Seattle Expansion is looming on the horizon.

Overall, I am satisfied with where the Kings are now compared to 1 year ago. As other folks have mentioned, Blake (I sure had my doubts) has done a good job addressing speed and youth. As far as Puck mentioning the need to address talent level, there is certainly a trade to be made this summer.

Kings will still have 7 NHL caliber defensemen come 2018 (I am not counting Folin (UFA), Gravel (not really NHL)). Definitely a trade to made involving at least 1 of our D. Plus, in the minors they have Clague and now Brickley, that should eventually be decent NHLers. Add to that may favorite "wildcard" topic, Slava Voynov's potential return, and there could be 2 solid NHL defenseman the Kings are ready deal.

Kings will also be looking to slot Vilardi in somewhere in the the T9 forwards next season, maybe even T6. If Vilardi can make at least the T9, and Kings get a T6 forward in a deal for 1 (or 2) d-men, then they should continue to improve on this season.

Defensemen to potentially trade: Muzz, Martinez, Fatenberg, LaDue, and/or Forbort
Defensemen unlikely to trade: DD (obviously), Phaneuf (no-trade clause).

Forwards to package in a trade: Anyone not named Kopitar, or Carter.

Goalies: not yet. Quick and Campbell will tandem next year. Let Petersen develop a full season in AHL and trade in a year or 2.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those guys have been weeded out of from this page, they are pretty prevalent on LGK and LAKI or Teh Blog as we call it. There is a reason we post here and not there, some of the myopia, assessments and comments just make you wonder sometimes. Most of us here have been long suffering Kings fans.

Myself, 32 years - grew up in NE Ohio right on Lake Erie and near the Canadian border. My older cousin introduced me to ice hockey, he laced me up, gave me a milk crate and pushed me in Thunder Bay. The love was born, I couldn't get enough of it. I went through US national programs, travel/club/organized hockey but that dream was killed when we moved to CA in 1986 because none of that existed here at the time. First residence was LA, thus a Kings fan primarily but also the O6, watching Toronto, NY, etc. growing up.

Out of privacy I won't say his name, but a cousin was drafted in the 1st round by the Flames within the last 20 years. Unfortunately he completely lost the passion to play, the reality of being a professional wasn't for him. He is a down to earth blue collar guy - most of my family is - but my uncle is an overbearing assclown who forced him down that road when it wasn't what he wanted to do from as far as I can remember. He has worked for a large Canadian organization after leaving hockey for the last 15 years. My point: for some of us it's in our blood.

The closest rink to me in Los Angeles was Pickwick in Burbank, which still exists today (my 7 year old son just played there not too long ago, pretty nutty seeing him score a goal on the same ice I did) but that was about it. Hockey didn't really pick up here in terms of development until after Greztky was traded here.

Went off on a tangent, you'll get used to that from me.

=)~~

Back on point, most of us understand the nuances of the game, what the franchise went through, have experienced some extreme highs and extreme lows (The Dark Years for example, mid 1990s) so we really try and have a balanced look at the team. We also keep tabs on all other teams to be well educated, we talk the business of hockey, all kinds of stuff. I'm relied on as the CBA expert in this forum and something I take pride in for some torturous reason, I'm a businessman by trade so that probably explains it.

There was an uptick of jabronis of course after the two Cups and leading up to contender status, which is going to happen with any franchise. I'm sure it already exists in Vegas, been there many times when LA did Frozen Fury for so many years at the MGM bt finally around 2003/2004 I got sick of it because most Kings fans just used it as an excuse to go to Vegas and be a drunk dumbass.

I have been in Vegas since I started kindergarten, back in 1980/81. My family is all from Chicago, and moved here when the steel mills shut down, looking for work. So I have always been a Chicago sports fan, but have no real affinity or connection to the city itself. I've been there a bunch of times, but its never been home. Plus when I tell Chicago fans I'm from Vegas, they go right to," Oh so you're not a real fan." to which I have said "fuck off" to plenty of times.

Now I get," You're a band wagon fan!" and the same response is given. The way I see it, pro sports have finally jumped on my band wagon. Thanks to guys like Bill Foley, other wise I'm not sure we would have a team. Not sure the Raiders would be coming if the NHL hadn't already delivered.

I know Vegas, I'm a native, and I am a fan now. Even if they sucked, which I cannot say for most of the fans now. If they would have been a 10 or 15 win team, like projected, there would not be this kind of support.

While I am not nearly as well versed on the game as many of you are, I am learning. I also think the success of the Knights has been a perfect storm of sorts. You take a bunch of quality players through the expansion draft(also a luxury most have not had), who now have a bit of a chip on their shoulder after not being protected by their teams. Add the shooting that happened right at the beginning of the season, that polarized the team, and gave them and immediate sense of purpose. It might sound cheesy, but I really do think it gave them an emotional charge, and even brought the fans together. I dont think the conspiracy shit has anything to do with it.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall a pretty pathetic showing for a PO series. I really don't think even in a the playoffs you can let stuff go, it is like a cancer. Sure you don't do something stupid if it will cost you the game but you need to stand up for each other...others will feed off that.

I doubt they fix it

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleury is good, but 3 goals in 4 games is not acceptable, If you would've told me that we allowed 7 goals in the first 4 games in this series, I would've been pretty happy, thinking we had a 3-1 lead.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the series..... I agree a conspiracy theory is a bit much. I thought Kings would take series, but Vegas is obviously playing just enough better. If Kings had pulled out that OT game while having DD suspended, it could've galvanized them big time. Asi es la vida.....

The real wonder is how favorable the Expansion really was. I thought the NHL had originally put out a statement that the draft wasn't suppose to have any "deals" ??? (i.e., Vegas would choose one player from each team from the players not on the protected list). But obviously, that was not the case because McPhee was a master of making deals left and right for the Expansion draft. (How the hell did he get 2nd round pick from Pittsburgh in addition to Fleury?? Theodore from Anaheim??). As far as the Kings are concerned, I thought McNabb was a "fair" player to lose in Expansion, so no real complaints there. But the Seattle Expansion is looming on the horizon.

Overall, I am satisfied with where the Kings are now compared to 1 year ago. As other folks have mentioned, Blake (I sure had my doubts) has done a good job addressing speed and youth. As far as Puck mentioning the need to address talent level, there is certainly a trade to be made this summer.

Kings will still have 7 NHL caliber defensemen come 2018 (I am not counting Folin (UFA), Gravel (not really NHL)). Definitely a trade to made involving at least 1 of our D. Plus, in the minors they have Clague and now Brickley, that should eventually be decent NHLers. Add to that may favorite "wildcard" topic, Slava Voynov's potential return, and there could be 2 solid NHL defenseman the Kings are ready deal.

Kings will also be looking to slot Vilardi in somewhere in the the T9 forwards next season, maybe even T6. If Vilardi can make at least the T9, and Kings get a T6 forward in a deal for 1 (or 2) d-men, then they should continue to improve on this season.

Defensemen to potentially trade: Muzz, Martinez, Fatenberg, LaDue, and/or Forbort
Defensemen unlikely to trade: DD (obviously), Phaneuf (no-trade clause).

Forwards to package in a trade: Anyone not named Kopitar, or Carter.

Goalies: not yet. Quick and Campbell will tandem next year. Let Petersen develop a full season in AHL and trade in a year or 2.
I don't think I could accept Voynov coming back. Add in would the US even let a convicted felon back into the country, like why should he get special treatment because he plays a sport, that shouldn't seem likely even if the NHL reinstates him.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings got beat, bad. That was a very frustrating series to watch. Vegas did an incredible job of clogging up the zone, rarely did the Kings get any good quality chances and the few they did get Fleury played it perfect. Knights played a complete team game. Now that Kings are out, I'd like to see Vegas hand it to the Sharks.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What can be said that hasn't already? Not much. I think the series was closer than the sweep indicates but the Kings were always a step behind in making plays, no doubt because of the attacking pressure from Vegas. Hats off to them for scoring when it counted and for Fleury making big saves when he needed to (not too many times).

I feel for Quick the most, he ends up with a 1.55 GAA and a .947 S% but goes 0-4. Those numbers are better than his 2012 Cup winning stats yet the Kings are dialing in tee times today. Much of that has to do with the personnel but the only 3 guys I saw this series who never said die were Quick, Kopitar and Doughty.

Truly disappointed in the secondary guys, especially Toffolo and Pearson but more so Toffoli. The guy has scored like 6 goals in the last 50 games but is held in such high regard and I don't know why. He's weak in every other area of hockey unless it's a bonafide scoring chance that is silver plated to him, when he is not scoring he is not doing anything else - can't check, can't make a defensive play, can't skate, can't battle. It's time to move him or Pearson, although Pearson hustles his butt off so I would be more inclined to keep him over Toffoli. May be time to dial up Bergevin and see if he wants to trade Toffoli for Pacioretty as a base of a deal as was suggested back at the deadline.

One of Martinez or Muzzin needs to with young defenders waiting so field those offers and see who brings back the best return up front. I'd also cash in on Brown's miracle season because that isn't happening again, especially after what we just witnessed. I'm just rambling so I really need to evaluate the team on my own and we can all opine at a later date, would love to see your guys' trains of thought.

All in all a disappointing end to the season and while most of us believed they weren't going to win a third Cup they went out with a thud. That wasn't expected either.

I think they will draw SJ next, which I will be watching closely. They are playing much better than I expected and have absolutely run Anaheim out of the building in every game. Curious to see how the Knights handle that because they will be contending with a much faster, skilled group than what LA has.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good teams beat bad calls. I am sure there were bad calls both ways but in a best of 7 series that is rarely the reason a team fails.
Vegas has depth
They have 4 second lines and 6 top four defense men.
Sure no number ones but no weak lines. They are not putting a 4th line scrub out there to fill minutes so there first or second line can rest. They are putting another second line.
They are not hoping Fratenberg learns on the job they have a bunch of guys in their 3nhl year.
Plus Fleury doesn’t hurt, but all their goalies did well.
Their record is why Seattle is going to pay 150 mil more to get a team.

If the Kings got two more point during the season they would be playing the Ducks. Three more and they would be playing the Ducks with home ice.

Vegas will be getting players the same as everyone else. They will get a bad contract and a player that doesn’t live up to potential. Their players will sign bigger deals somewhere and the team will have losing years. I hope the fans stick around. I know some will, but higher ticket prices come with winning, followed by a bad season and the building gets harder to fill.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel for Quick the most, he ends up with a 1.55 GAA and a .947 S% but goes 0-4.

Ya, pretty brutal way to get 4 losses really. Fleury did what he needed to, which wasn't much really. As most of us here know the Kings have a way of making a lot of shots that a cardboard cutout would stop.

Truly disappointed in the secondary guys, especially Toffolo and Pearson but more so Toffoli.

I disagree with this, in this series only. It seemed to me they switched roles, I heard and saw TT a lot trying to hustle and make plays but really don't remember Pearson at all....polar opposites of the regular season.

Amart I would keep over Muffin....f-Muffin:

One thing I will say is Muffin being able to play G3 and 4 really pisses me off in a big way I mean seriously. G2 DD is suspended, Forbert out and Muffin out as well.....At the moment DD was suspended Muffin should have said put me the fuk in. While I know 2 more days rest/heal is good, you just found out your down the best dman in the league and already have 2 of your t4 out. PO hockey is where this happens, you put it out there they all do....hell even TT had 1/4 of his face in stiches it looke like.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with this, in this series only. It seemed to me they switched roles, I heard and saw TT a lot trying to hustle and make plays but really don't remember Pearson at all....polar opposites of the regular season.

I agree Pearson was MIA as well, but I was referring to the overall seasons. No one past the first line really did much of anything.

Toffoli looked more active in this series than he did all season but the same results, no production. He was shooting from everywhere too, but I can count maybe 2 quality chances all series. When Fleury robbed him with the glove, which would have made it 2-0 LA, after they lost Stevens said something to the effect of up 1-0 and should have been 2-0 and the Kings know what to do with that type of lead, referring to secondary players not producing - that was a direct jab at Toffoli.

Pearson's body of work over the season, even with the no show in the POs, was much better than Toffoli's was when you look at it closely. If I had to choose, Pearson is staying and Toffoli is going, at least this summer. Depending on what happens in 2018-19, maybe next summer Pearson is gone too.

He also has that inflated rep around the league as Muffin does too so he should get a bigger return IMO.

Amart I would keep over Muffin....f-Muffin:

One thing I will say is Muffin being able to play G3 and 4 really pisses me off in a big way I mean seriously. G2 DD is suspended, Forbert out and Muffin out as well.....At the moment DD was suspended Muffin should have said put me the fuk in. While I know 2 more days rest/heal is good, you just found out your down the best dman in the league and already have 2 of your t4 out. PO hockey is where this happens, you put it out there they all do....hell even TT had 1/4 of his face in stiches it looke like.

I can't stand the guy as you know but one thing I do not think he is is a sandbagger. He will give it 100% every night (the results of said 100%, we can dissect all day long. Totally different from what I am saying) so I'm honestly thinking he probably couldn't go in Game 2.

I also think since it was only Game 2, the took the conservative route and kept him out. If that's Game 6 or 7, maybe he plays but it was early enough in the series where I don't think it hurt to keep him out. That game went to 2OT too, what if the Kings had won? They just tied up the series 1-1, headed back to LA getting both Muffin and Doughty back and are in good shape by not risking anything.

Funny you mention Toffoli's face, I have an association meeting for work every third Tuesday of the month so last night I was there as a presenter. The meeting is at Dave and Buster's though, so I knew afterwards I would be able to sit at the bar and have a beer or two and catch the last period.

One of the first shots I see when I sit down is his face and wonder what happened. The thing is he has fallen down my shit ladder so far I actually mocked him in my head, chuckling in my mind that he looks like a "real hockey player" now.

No matter what caused that (since I didn't know), it was too late for me to respect him. Dude needs to grow some balls and play hard every night.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone posted this link on LAKingsInsider:

Time has come for the Kings to rebuild - Article - TSN

"No team has ever scored fewer goals in four games. Only a handful of teams have generated less scoring chances, and only one team – the 2011 Florida Panthers – generated less dangerous shot attempts. Across the board, it was a total failure. (You’ll note 2017 Vegas is also on this table, but you can see a clear difference – they were generating plenty of dangerous scoring chances and shot attempts. They just weren’t going in.)"

What's notable, to me, (since I already suspected that this might be the worst 4-Game offensive performance of all time), is that Anaheim only scored 4 goals in their entire series (Lost 0-3. Lost 2-3. Lost 1-8. Lost 1-2). But Anaheim isn't even on that chart/list they showed.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't really disagree too much with the premise but don't think a full on rebuild is required. While the Kings sputtered in the POs, there is an 82 game sample resulting in 98 points - possibly 102 points if we take the Oilers and Hawks games late in the season into account - that shows this team handled the style of play well. That 102 would have put them as P2 with home ice and tied for 7th in the NHL in overall points as well as number of wins (47).

The secondary scoring really let the Kings down this season between Toffoli and Pearson mainly, and Kempe not finding the net in 29 games hurt as well but he completed his first full season in the NHL and will gain consistency. But for gods sake move him to the LW permanently, he really sucked as a centerman this season.

The other two are veterans, have been through deep playoff runs and knew what their contributions would mean so they will not get a pass from me - especially Toffoli because this act has worn thin seeing it yearly. I think he has actually taken steps back the last 2 successive years. Last year he has an injury to somewhat get him a pass, this year he does not. He hit his ceiling in 2015-16 and needs to be moved because his dollars could be used elsewhere to improve. We saw what kind of impact just a little financial tweak (Gaborik/Phaneuf) can have on an entire roster positionally.

Pearson gets a 1 year reprieve from me because he did a lot of other things resulting in goals for others and never looked lazy to me, at least not nearly as often as Toffoli did. If he has a blah season like this next year, his head is on this chopping block a year from now. They cannot be shielded or believe they are not veterans or whatever, take the damn training wheels off.

The Kings B6 is really bad, if one area needs a complete overhaul I think this is it. There is a glut of those guys can need to moved for one reason or another. Of course it'll be hard to move some of them (Lewis, Clifford and Thompson have at least 1 to 2 years left on their deals) but space needs to be made for guys like Brodzinski and Amadio. I think Amadio is the long term solutuion to the 3C slot and is being groomed for that, I think he has earned a full time spot on this roster. The B6 needs work big time because these are the lines that win you games in April when the T6 are shut down.

This team needs a legitimate T3 LW, a clean up of the B6 and moving some defenders to improve other areas while bringing in the next wave of NHL roster players. I know we have seen these guys a long time, they mean something to us but the time has come to move some of them.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI per Teh Blog:

- Carter was not at 100% after returning
- Muffin had a separated shoulder
- Forbort has a sprained MCL

Must be pretty bad, Coutourier played on a torn MCL yesterday and had 5 points (3G/2A) in the series ending loss to the Penguins but sometimes a severely sprained ligament is worse than a torn ligament - Coutourier was not going to have any surgery and would have been out about 4-5 weeks if it was the RS.

Impressive no doubt, especially considering there was almost no defense played in that series so it was wide open hockey. There were goals being scored left and right it seemed by both teams.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Teh Blog

- Brown had shoulder surgery
- Lewis had hand surgery

In push to raise ceiling, call for more regular secondary scoring sounded - LA Kings Insider

Also we are not alone, the secondary scoring was pinpointed as the root cause of not being successful and will be addressed this summer.

...listening to what hockey operations figures have said, is that while the top players produced at high levels, the team will need more from its secondary contributors and will make off-season moves with that focus in mind.

“I think our secondary goal scoring is a concern and was in the playoffs, for sure,” General Manager Rob Blake said.

I think Kempe did a great job defensively but his offense also fell off the map. The good news is this was his first full NHL season and while his offense dried up he seemed to handle the grind well - better than Iafallo per se - his overall play did not. I still want to see him permanently slotted on the wing unless he seriously improves his FO skills. Those were U-G-L-Y even by AHL standards.

I'd rather him hit that bump in the road now than see the usual "rookie comes in, gets 32G/38A/70pts and falls off map in second year" we see so much because of the transitional year the Kings experienced. My point: the time to struggle is now rather than when they are primed to contend again.

Toffoli gets no pass from me at all, he has been MIA for the better part of 2 years no matter what his goal totals are because he has hit severe peaks of inconsistency and Pearson gets a half pass because while he didn't produce he did a lot of positive things to help the team whether he produced or not.

Me thinks one is likely to be moved this summer and my money is on Toffoli.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obviously slow season for us Kings fans, thought I'd do a quick search trying to see what the members of the 2011-12 Kings Cup team have been up to since leaving LA and found this article:

Recapping Kings' rampage to the Stanley Cup

Good read if you want to relive that magic, and if you have the DVD that is fun to watch as well. It's almost unreal how LA dismantled every other team in that run.

Also reviewed this thread and found this gem from me in Post # 16:

I'm almost positive no matter what the Kings will get Vegas to start which I think is the best match up the Kings could have hoped for.

Yeah, I'm still good for at least 3 major SNAFUs during the year.

=)~~