• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kings are in the 2018 playoffs

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frustrating to learn Muzzin wasn't going to play last night and I felt it was a glaring hole. Quick looked phenomenal after being pretty suspect a few games of late, which is extremely promising.

As much as I am not a fan of Muffin he is an every night defender who can play all situations. I honestly felt very nervous seeing LaDue and Fantenberg in there but the Kings don't really have a choice right now. All we can hope for is Muzzo to get better quick and get one of those two out of the lineup.

Vegas was a good draw for LA compared to SJ or Anaheim, those two teams play heavy hockey too and would have battered the hell out of an already depleted lineup. This series at least buys LA some time for Forbort and Muzzin although it doesn't sound like Forbort will be playing any time soon.

Quick was outstanding, he showed why he is a big game goalie. Need more of that the entire run, whatever that may be.

Does anyone else believe that maybe Carter is hurt again? He hasn't looked the same to me for about 2 weeks.

I actually consider maybe benching Toffoli because he's too slow and doesn't bring enough intangibles to the table (for my money. I know the analytics etc.).

I don't think he is hurt but he was MIA last night for sure. It's a big jump from coming off a long term injury just to RS speed and then making another jump to get into PO mode in barely 6 weeks so I'm just going to chalk it up to him simply not at that level yet. He is a pro however and I think will have a better Game 2. He is a difference maker in this series no question.

Toffoli, to me anyway, was actually more noticeable than he has been since Christmas. I thought it was a solid game from him all around compared to how he has played the last 4 months. Drew a penalty, made some good plays, took some SOGs. Way more than he had done prior so hopefully he has woken up and is getting it into gear.

Faceoffs were a nightmare in my opinion. Several times Vegas would ice it and LA would lose the endzone draw (I mean almost every single time). We're already not generating enough as is, so those draws are uber important. Kopitar and Carter no less, but it's team based, because on a few occasions the King would pull it back, but Vegas would jump and get to it first. That's on the wingers and defense at that point.

Faceoffs were not their friend last night, and I know both Kempe and Stevens think he excels at center but he is terrible on draws - I think he finished the season at 37% or something which is embarrassing even by NHL standards for someone who took lots of FOs all season long.

They really should just put him at LW and let his speed do the rest. Move Kempe to the T6 and move Iaffalo to the B6 - either 9/11/23 or 70/11/23 and 9/77/73 leaving 19/22/10 and 13/44/71.

They have Thompson and Lewis available to hold down the B6 lines at center which I think would be a better option against this opponent. That third line creates a speed line to at least counter one of Vegas' line and the fourth line is there to simply disrupt and check - both Clifford and Thompson are physical players and Mitchell can zip around and help in a support role.

I would actually consider putting in Andreoff on the fourth line in place of Mitchell seeing how Vegas wants to play the body.

Just my .02.

I agree, we gotta hit them more. Can't just sit back and take it as they run Doughty the whole game (loved that he got his back).

It was obvious from the dirst drop they were going to play physical and targeted Doughty, every time he was out there so was Carrier. All fine and dandy, but then the Kings' big boys need to be plastering the Karlssons and Marchesseaus out there.

It is hard to hit what you can't catch, and Vegas' speed plays a role in this, so open ice checks would be the way to go - perhaps a Phaneuf Special at the blue line will send a nice message back.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sinbin vegas thing can suck some harry balls. You can clearly see DD first contact with the shoulder and Carrier trying to pull up just as DD came in. 2 games? shouldn't be anything more then a fine, if that. Im sure DD wanted to get a good hit on him after being run by him all game but that hit wasnt a targeted head.

Kings played OK, Carter not so much but he is not a problem...dude can come through. TT I thought wasnt as horrible as normal so seeing the comments was funny to me as he was "above his avg" in play IMO. Ladue was adequate and trying to hustle a bit....but as everyone has said having him and Fantenburg is not a good thing right now. By the end of the game in which the Kings where out played they lost 1-0 by a deflection.....I could see the doom and gloom if it was 7-0 or something.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sinbin vegas thing can suck some harry balls. You can clearly see DD first contact with the shoulder and Carrier trying to pull up just as DD came in. 2 games? shouldn't be anything more then a fine, if that. Im sure DD wanted to get a good hit on him after being run by him all game but that hit wasnt a targeted head.

I just laughed it off, the last comments (under Andy) are mine - I'm in a trolling mood so I am hoping people respond.

=)~~

I honestly don't think it warranted any type of review but because we are so used to seeing how these hits are reviewed - clean or not - it doesn't surprise me. I will however be surprised if it is anything more than a fine and wouldn't be surprised at all if it's just a slap on the wrist.

Kings played OK, Carter not so much but he is not a problem...dude can come through. TT I thought wasnt as horrible as normal so seeing the comments was funny to me as he was "above his avg" in play IMO. Ladue was adequate and trying to hustle a bit....but as everyone has said having him and Fantenburg is not a good thing right now. By the end of the game in which the Kings where out played they lost 1-0 by a deflection.....I could see the doom and gloom if it was 7-0 or something.

Flyers got torched, that had to be embarrassing. Good old Brian Elliott in net, a familiar face with the Blues/Kings PO match ups and the same one who shat the bed in Calgary last season.

I'm starting to wonder when Hextall will be on the hot seat, it has been 5 years since he left LA and 4 years since he has had full control of the franchise and in 5 years they have either missed the POs (2) or exited the ECQFs (2) with this season in progress. A bit spotty if you ask me, 5 years into Dumbo's tenure in LA (2011) they made the move to get Richards and we know the rest.

They have some solid players but can't seem to make that leap into contender status and their broken record continues to be goaltending no matter what decade it is. They had a good goalie in Bobrovsky but moved him, although his RS numbers and PO numbers are starkly different, like really bad different so maybe it was the right move but he would have been better than anything they have fielded in the 5 years he has been there. He's a legend and all there so I get it, but at some point you have to produce results.

And I agree, losing 1-0 in a tightly contested game and really not generating a lot of quality chances isn't anything to go up in arms over. They will make some adjustments and I expect much more pressure on the Knights tomorrow.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just laughed it off, the last comments (under Andy) are mine - I'm in a trolling mood so I am hoping people respond.

=)~~

I responded as well. Just got irked by the caption under the picture of "See you in Game 4 Doughty". What an absolutely ignorant tool.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TT just drives me crazy because his skillset is to be a sniper. If he's not doing that, then I don't love the other things he brings (Or doesn't bring).

I felt that he had a pretty good chance in front in the first and just whiffed. He got a little on it, but true snipers get those. TT just is. Hoping I get proven wrong of course (See "Toffoli rebounds with 2 goals in Game 2") but I don't see a lot these days.

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess NHL really wants to make sure their expansion team looks good. Pretty BS. Hopefully Muzzin comes back next game.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Gravel will be inserted although if it was my choice it would be Kopitar The Kings have enough centermen to shift around with Carter moving up to 1C.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's some BS for sure. I would run all their stars next game, fuck it

one of many reasons I don't coach

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F*$& all of that.

This is the type of BS that really leads to you hating a team. I now pretty much hate every single thing about the Knights.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great opportunity for the Kings to show the league why they are recent two time champs. I hope they come out tonight and make this a statement game.

The forwards really need to hustle tonight at both ends of the ice and the best way to limit the defensive liability is to keep the puck in their end of the ice as much as possible. They spent way too much time in their own end last game and while the Kings handled it well that is playing with fire under the current circumstances. Get it in deep, keep possession and go back to Sutter hockey tonight with cycle cycle cycle.

On a side note, it was rad watching Anaheim get completely pwned last night by the Charks. And Ryan Kesler is still a world class idiot.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great opportunity for the Kings to show the league why they are recent two time champs. I hope they come out tonight and make this a statement game.

The forwards really need to hustle tonight at both ends of the ice and the best way to limit the defensive liability is to keep the puck in their end of the ice as much as possible. They spent way too much time in their own end last game and while the Kings handled it well that is playing with fire under the current circumstances. Get it in deep, keep possession and go back to Sutter hockey tonight with cycle cycle cycle.

On a side note, it was rad watching Anaheim get completely pwned last night by the Charks. And Ryan Kesler is still a world class idiot.

Yeah all comments on LaKingsInsider seem great. Team is loose and ready to go. It does worry me that they have shown an inability to "Flip the switch" going on about 3 years now, but I think a lot of those guys know the deal and will be ready to go. This would be the first time that I can remember, where Vegas is favored, so that shouldn't be overlooked.

I'd rather not be down 0-2 in the series, but you can bet LA is chomping at the bit whatever this series looks like come Game 3 Sunday.

*I commute down to OC, and it's insane how bad these fans are. I find maybe 1 in every 20 people who even know what the game is. Game 1 was on StubHub for $50. But overall, I hate Ducks and Sharks equally, so... yeah I just hope they beat each other up. Vegas is climbing fast though on the Hate-o-meter. Used to be Blues and Canucks for awhile, but they've fallen off.

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesnt seem they came to play tonight.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're doing fine under the circumstances. I love how they are finishing every check on every player. Refs have made suspect calls all series long and showing again tonight but good teams find aways around that.

Pleasantly surprised.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s no offense. I did not expect this team to be an offensive juggernaut, but their inability to create any offensive opportunities or possession is embarrassing.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be better to throw gravel on the ice then to play Gravel on it....had to.

Kings have yet to play well, I expect the next 2 games to be much different outcomes. Muffin must be extra hurt to not will himself to play with DD suspended in the playoffs. Team was gassed but had a couple chances to win it but just missed. Carter was once again invisible and I really think you need to put Iafallo with him and Reider, they find more success being the recipient of good play on the boards instead of being along the boards.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be better to throw gravel on the ice then to play Gravel on it....had to.

That might actually be a improvement and slow Vegas down.

=)~~

Gravel was brutal the other night, I am not sure what he was doing on the GW goal. I have watched it over and over and it was a slight 3 on 2 but if Gravel holds his ground instead of cutting to the middle I think nothing happens. Clifford was coming in hard on the back check but it seemed under control until Gravel moved to the inside.

Quick then has a one on one with the shooter and tried to poke check and missed so it was a combination of things but I think the biggest thing is Gravel just panicked. He was also the culprit on the first PP goal by Vegas by letting Tuch get behind him to tap it into the empty net.

Interestingly enough I was more confident in Gravel's ability to handle the defensive responsibility compared to Fantenberg or LaDue yet both have played better 2 games than he did in 1. He will be sitting tonight when Doughty returns most likely.

Speaking of, I love Doughty calling the suspension BS because it was nothing short of that. Solid words for the NHLDPS and puts the refs in the spotlight because there have been a few suspect calls against LA that shouldn't have been penalties.

Anyone see McStiff elbow a defenseless Kopitar in the face with his head down after a long shift and heading to the bench? In front of a ref and no penalty to boot, in OT?

If they are worried about head shots, that video should have made its way to Parros. He should be run tonight by Clifford or someone, something is coming. The refs won't police the game so I feel the Kings have to.

I want to see Phaneuf destroy Karlsson again.

Kings have yet to play well, I expect the next 2 games to be much different outcomes. Muffin must be extra hurt to not will himself to play with DD suspended in the playoffs. Team was gassed but had a couple chances to win it but just missed. Carter was once again invisible and I really think you need to put Iafallo with him and Reider, they find more success being the recipient of good play on the boards instead of being along the boards.

I too expect a different Kings team these next two games. There has been almost no sustained pressure in the Vegas zone and the big boys need to step up - Brown, Kopitar and Carter specifically and the secondary guys really need to step up as well. Vegas is good...but not unbeatable good. The Kings are making it way too easy for them to keep attacks going.

I think it's telling when Quick has a 1.17 GAA and .964 SP% but it 0-2. He has given LA every chance to win and is completely dialed in, the team needs to see that and play a hell of a lot harder for that guy.

Last edited:

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that elbow as well, I know the ref saw it but didn't call it because Kopitar didn't flop around and drop to the ice. still the ref looked right fucking at it and let it go even tho the play was far up the ice. Kings better stop playing like they haven't been here before and step the fuck up for each other. I wanna see someone get demolished early to send a message right away that they are not fucking around and are ready to play even with giving up an early PP.