• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

King Elects Arbitration

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty nice website for Qualifying Offers:

NHL Qualifying Offer Calculator

Because his base salary of $750,000 is greater than $660,000 and less than $1,000,000, it is increased by 5 percent for the purposes of his qualifying offer.

$787, 500

Does he really want to piss off DL at this point?

Last edited by a moderator:

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely they'll negotiate a deal somewhere between his MQO and what he wants. I don't really think that they'll ever get to the arbitration process. It may even end up in a sign and trade if Lombardi decides King isn't worth going up against the cap any closer than they are now. Cracknell can certainly fill his role.

Ox

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy frustrates me as much as Pencakes did. When he is out there putting in the effort he is great even if he isn't putting up points. But when he is coasting around waiting for the puck to come his way he tends to be quite useless

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy frustrates me as much as Pencakes did. When he is out there putting in the effort he is great even if he isn't putting up points. But when he is coasting around waiting for the puck to come his way he tends to be quite useless

Exactly what I feel about this guy. He has a ton of talent but lacks motivation. I was hoping he would have been a difference maker consistently in the playoffs after a 15 goal season but he was overall useless and just coat tailed it to another Cup ring.

The MQO is just a starting point, not the final offer but I have no idea how much this guy thinks he worth if he filed for arbitration.

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll probably settle in the $900K area for 2 years...but I don't think Deano has a problem including him in a deal at the deadline if his game doesn't get a lot more consistent, even for just a pick.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll probably settle in the $900K area for 2 years...but I don't think Deano has a problem including him in a deal at the deadline if his game doesn't get a lot more consistent, even for just a pick.

I get that sense too, that the Kings are probably at their breaking point with him. When he wants to, he can be a dominant force in front of the net (controversial playoffs goal), win puck battles and create space for his linemates, forecheck well, etc. but he looks like a lumbering oaf 90% of the time. I don't think he will ever hit 30+ goals like Penner did, he isn't that skilled offensively but he has more to give. It's maddening.

He does make that third line work and is relatively young, so there is that to consider, but for the money he would be paid I'm pretty sure the Kings can find someone else to fill that role for around his MQO if not less.

Cracknell comes to mind immediately and in fact I would not be surprised if Dumbo signed him based on what information he knows regarding the King negotiations. If King is shooting for the moon or even if the arbitrator awards a dollar amount they are not comfortable with they can exercise their walk away rights and immediately slot in Cracknell at $600,000 which is less than what King made on his last deal.

Who knows if it will get to arbitration, most of these cases are settled before that, but the Kings have a contingency plan in place and the leverage is not favoring King from what I can see.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The arbitration dates have been set. King is scheduled for Aug 1. Look for something to happen prior to that date. Here is a link to all the arbitration selectors and the dates for their hearing. Team selected arbitration hearings for only 3 players.

2014 NHL Salary Arbitration List

Ox