• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kilgore Signed to an Extension

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, signing these two guys doesn't solve the interior O-line, and i'm certainly not saying it does. But when you have 4-5 holes to fill, you have to decide what will be upgraded first? What spots will be paid higher in free agency, and what spots will take the higher draft picks? We can't expect to upgrade all 4-5 spots with top talent.

So IMO they're deciding Kilgore and Gilliam will keep the O-line going another year, and allow the defense to be upgraded first. If these two guys were REALLY bad, they wouldn't re-sign them period. But apparently they showed enough to earn the 'bridge' roles.

Actually with the picks they have and the cap space they have they should be able to add 4 to 5 players that are really good. I believe you are reading too much into the resigning of these two. As I stated before they are more than likely to add a top CB in free agency and at least a starter caliber O-Linemen. Honestly the only position I'm not sure the can really improve is the Leo position.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garoppolo himself makes pass protection 'better.' He clearly did with his stint last year in 5 games....and any guy who can flick it like he can makes up for an otherwise porous upfront.

Get that Carolina guard in FA and I'd be happy - a big step forward right there.
Garopollo does make the pass protection better but we need some O Linemen who can run block also and we don't have that yet.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garopollo does make the pass protection better but we need some O Linemen who can run block also and we don't have that yet.

Yea, I would rather not see a lineman in Jimmy Gs face everytime after he releases the ball