• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Khalil Mack

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know the Raiders have something brewing with their pass offense.. Do you guys think the pass rush will get into gear this season? I was super high on the Mack pick a couple years ago and thought he would be a Von Miller/Demarcus Ware type player.. Had a TFL today but surely he could get home more often.. Thoughts?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know the Raiders have something brewing with their pass offense.. Do you guys think the pass rush will get into gear this season? I was super high on the Mack pick a couple years ago and thought he would be a Von Miller/Demarcus Ware type player.. Had a TFL today but surely he could get home more often.. Thoughts?
Yeah he will, as the players learn KNJ system they will get better.. Still a work in progress though!! Aldon Smith is just starting to get his football legs under him, once he does look out.. We are just beat up right now.. In time bro..

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it will take a few games with his hand in the ground to get accustomed to his new position, but he has done everything the team has asked him, and physically he is very gifted, I think it's going to get better as they get more PT as a unit.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mack will be fine. I will say though his move to full time DE will put a lot more wear and tear on his body. DeMarcus Ware talked about this last year with the Broncos in playing DE like that means every play you are getting hit by a big guy compared to the OLB spot where there will be plays that just doesn't happen. It is also a different skill set to make it work which is why I think Mack has had a couple of struggles so far in he is having to change up how he gets to the QB.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I s
I think Mack will be fine. I will say though his move to full time DE will put a lot more wear and tear on his body. DeMarcus Ware talked about this last year with the Broncos in playing DE like that means every play you are getting hit by a big guy compared to the OLB spot where there will be plays that just doesn't happen. It is also a different skill set to make it work which is why I think Mack has had a couple of struggles so far in he is having to change up how he gets to the QB.
I can agree with ya cd on this one.. Thing is, we needed him at DE from the get go.. But now that we have Aldon who is starting to get his football legs under him, i would be good with moving Mack around, and let him RUN to the QB!! But even at DE he's starting to get real close to the QB!! The D is still learning the system KNJ is installing, but they showed some signs of getting better in that Raven game.. Let's see what they look like against the Browns..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I s

I can agree with ya cd on this one.. Thing is, we needed him at DE from the get go.. But now that we have Aldon who is starting to get his football legs under him, i would be good with moving Mack around, and let him RUN to the QB!! But even at DE he's starting to get real close to the QB!! The D is still learning the system KNJ is installing, but they showed some signs of getting better in that Raven game.. Let's see what they look like against the Browns..

I think he can be a success at the DE position. I do however think with the talent you guys have that with Mack and Smith that you guys would greatly benefit from going with the 3-4 defense like the Broncos this year. It helps to protect your OLB's a little more from taking such a beating and let's them also attack from pretty much anywhere on the defense. Look at how Green Bay is using Clay Matthews in having him play almost every linebacker position to take advantage of match ups. When you have the 4-3 it is great against the run but it limits you in the pass rush as teams know exactly where a player is going to attack on a given down.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he can be a success at the DE position. I do however think with the talent you guys have that with Mack and Smith that you guys would greatly benefit from going with the 3-4 defense like the Broncos this year. It helps to protect your OLB's a little more from taking such a beating and let's them also attack from pretty much anywhere on the defense. Look at how Green Bay is using Clay Matthews in having him play almost every linebacker position to take advantage of match ups. When you have the 4-3 it is great against the run but it limits you in the pass rush as teams know exactly where a player is going to attack on a given down.
Oh no doubt about the 34 cd!! Half the RaiderNation has been crying for that D.. Mack and Aldon running at you?? Yeah!! Got the DL players for it too.. But we a base 43 bro, JDR and KNJ Ds.. Im really looking forward to how they mix it up against the Browns come Sunday!! We playing a different style of QB, a running one!! Great match ups all over the field..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack was LB that put on weight, and is now learning how to play DE.. He will be alright..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no doubt about the 34 cd!! Half the RaiderNation has been crying for that D.. Mack and Aldon running at you?? Yeah!! Got the DL players for it too.. But we a base 43 bro, JDR and KNJ Ds.. Im really looking forward to how they mix it up against the Browns come Sunday!! We playing a different style of QB, a running one!! Great match ups all over the field..

Yeah I know those two like the 4-3. This is where I hate when coaches get so stuck in their ways that they try to make the players fit their scheme instead of designing a scheme to fit the players. I know we all have our preferences and strengths when it comes to coaching as I know coaching golf and soccer there are certain things I teach every kid but there still has to be some wiggle room when you look at your talent. I mix up formations all the time in soccer depending on opponent and where the strength of our team is at in a given year.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I know those two like the 4-3. This is where I hate when coaches get so stuck in their ways that they try to make the players fit their scheme instead of designing a scheme to fit the players. I know we all have our preferences and strengths when it comes to coaching as I know coaching golf and soccer there are certain things I teach every kid but there still has to be some wiggle room when you look at your talent. I mix up formations all the time in soccer depending on opponent and where the strength of our team is at in a given year.
Dang man, you coach Golf as well?? You any good at it?? Anyways, i hear Ya, but you got to do what you got to do.. Let's see what happens.. Im a 43 guy btw..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang man, you coach Golf as well?? You any good at it?? Anyways, i hear Ya, but you got to do what you got to do.. Let's see what happens.. Im a 43 guy btw..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've had my moments. When in high school at my peak I was averaging rounds in the 60's most of the time for 18 holes. Marriage and now having a kid though kind of kills any time that you have to get out there so coaching is about the only time I get to actually golf. I do however have a big tournament coming up this Friday so have to see how that goes.

For me I am a 4-3 type guy if my team doesn't have great pass rushers. The 4-3 is great at stopping the run so if I don't have a great pass rush at least I want to shut out one part of what a team can do. If I have great pass rushers though I love the 3-4 as it allows you to be so much more creative in how you attack a QB. I love what I am seeing this year compared to last from the Broncos defense. They were good last year where this year they could be legendary if they keep doing what they have been doing. That pressure is why the Broncos lead the league in turnovers and have the lowest QB Rating against them by quite a wide margin. This was the biggest complaint I had against Del Rio is he tried to make the talent fit his scheme and it just didn't allow the Broncos to attack with the talent they had.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had my moments. When in high school at my peak I was averaging rounds in the 60's most of the time for 18 holes. Marriage and now having a kid though kind of kills any time that you have to get out there so coaching is about the only time I get to actually golf. I do however have a big tournament coming up this Friday so have to see how that goes.

For me I am a 4-3 type guy if my team doesn't have great pass rushers. The 4-3 is great at stopping the run so if I don't have a great pass rush at least I want to shut out one part of what a team can do. If I have great pass rushers though I love the 3-4 as it allows you to be so much more creative in how you attack a QB. I love what I am seeing this year compared to last from the Broncos defense. They were good last year where this year they could be legendary if they keep doing what they have been doing. That pressure is why the Broncos lead the league in turnovers and have the lowest QB Rating against them by quite a wide margin. This was the biggest complaint I had against Del Rio is he tried to make the talent fit his scheme and it just didn't allow the Broncos to attack with the talent they had.
Right on on the Golf thing man.. Im not very good at game, but i can hit the ball pretty far..
Anyways, the RAIDERS came into this season wanting to stop the run game, and so far not to bad on that front.. We still need alot of work on our pass rush though, but i think it will get better as the season goes along.. Its just one of those wait and see type things ya know.. And your D looks pretty good so far!! But with a D that's fast and coming at you, you can hit them right down the gut with the run game!! Big plays with the run game.. That's how you counter those kind of Ds..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right on on the Golf thing man.. Im not very good at game, but i can hit the ball pretty far..
Anyways, the RAIDERS came into this season wanting to stop the run game, and so far not to bad on that front.. We still need alot of work on our pass rush though, but i think it will get better as the season goes along.. Its just one of those wait and see type things ya know.. And your D looks pretty good so far!! But with a D that's fast and coming at you, you can hit them right down the gut with the run game!! Big plays with the run game.. That's how you counter those kind of Ds..

Oh you are right. The Broncos weakness on defense is they are prone to the big play every once in a while because they are so aggressive. Heck the 2 touchdowns on offense that the Chiefs had was when the Broncos overcommitted to getting after Smith. I'm ok though with giving up a couple of big plays if it means the defense is getting 5 turnovers and getting constant pressure on the QB. I can live with that.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh you are right. The Broncos weakness on defense is they are prone to the big play every once in a while because they are so aggressive. Heck the 2 touchdowns on offense that the Chiefs had was when the Broncos overcommitted to getting after Smith. I'm ok though with giving up a couple of big plays if it means the defense is getting 5 turnovers and getting constant pressure on the QB. I can live with that.
Of course dude.. But i would slow that Denver D down by power running right at them, all game long..
As for us?? We a bend but don't break D as of right now..

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I s

I agree...my wife, a lifelong Raiders fan, and I were talking and she made the comment, "If we had a killer DE, we would take the AFC West this year." As a Charger fan it pains me to say this but I think the Raiders are just one or two blue chip players away from becoming a force. The Carr/Cooper connection looks scary good.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course dude.. But i would slow that Denver D down by power running right at them, all game long..
As for us?? We a bend but don't break D as of right now..

The Chiefs tried it with little success. Baltimore did the same thing. It definitely is our weakness but the biggest thing is the speed of this defense that even if a RB does break through the first line they are met with some of the fastest linebackers in the game. It is why this defense works so well in the Broncos have talent at every level that makes plays. A lesser talented defense though couldn't run this scheme. Which is why to me only a few teams could do what the Broncos are doing right now. Less talent means a different scheme to help out the areas of weakness.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, what the hell did Del Rio do during the week to turn the Raiders around? A fine job indeed.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, what the hell did Del Rio do during the week to turn the Raiders around? A fine job indeed.
No secret bro.. Musgrave just opened the play book, and let the skill players play..