• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

key Wisky player suspended

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockey is huge at Wisconsin (we lead the nation in attendance nearly every year), but i'm not a hockey fan. The one thing that I know about the team is there is this crazy love for Mike Eaves, but the reality is Wisconsin should be a dynasty. When you are #1 in attendance in a city like Madison, you should be dominating the Minnesota-Duluth's and Northern Michigans of the world. The fact that this team has only made 1 NCAA tourney in four years in depressing as hell, and it should cost Eaves his job.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockey is huge at Wisconsin (we lead the nation in attendance nearly every year), but i'm not a hockey fan. The one thing that I know about the team is there is this crazy love for Mike Eaves, but the reality is Wisconsin should be a dynasty. When you are #1 in attendance in a city like Madison, you should be dominating the Minnesota-Duluth's and Northern Michigans of the world. The fact that this team has only made 1 NCAA tourney in four years in depressing as hell, and it should cost Eaves his job.

minnesota kids like to go to minnesota schools. not your fault. you should move mark johnson from the women's coaching spot to the men's imo though.

that said, this case is bullshit. someone apparently took his picture with a "family advisor" which everyone in college hockey that is going to the pros has, and he got suspended for it.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I've heard of this, but most years I follow the hockey team. I haven't been to a game in quite a while, but my intentions are to eventually have football and hockey season tickets.

"Minnesota kids like to go to Minnesota schools," shows a little ignorance of the Minnesota and Wisconsin rivalry. There are 6 "Minnesota kids" on the Badger roster. The Badgers frequently land some of the top recruits from Minny. On paper, the Badgers are almost always more talented than St. Cloud, Mankato's not a State, and Duluth, but they also have a tendency to be very young due to the league.

edit: Now that I think about it, I did hear about this but didn't really pay attention. Can't believe he's actually getting a year suspension. WTF?

Last edited by a moderator:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were him, to be honest, I'd just go to the WHL. Why not go play with the Canadians and improve your skills. Is there a better way to do it? Probably not. The NCAA is going to lose hockey pretty soon.

The suspension is reduced to 10 games though, I believe.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reminds me. I need to make a bunch of games this year. Last year of the WCHA. I need to catch UW vs North Dakota and UW vs Minnesota at least.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah it will be hard to see it go, but i think the teams will play more often than most are expecting. there are so many more hockey games than say football, so there is way more opportunity to play teams in different conferences.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah it will be hard to see it go, but i think the teams will play more often than most are expecting. there are so many more hockey games than say football, so there is way more opportunity to play teams in different conferences.

I think you're probably right about them playing a lot more than expected. I think it's awesome that Minnesota and Wisconsin play at Soldier Field this year. Might have to check on tickets.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah UNO and North Dakota are playing at TD Ameritrade (where the CWS is) this year. the Lincoln and Omaha USHL teams are playing prior to UNO-UND.