• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Key Player on Defense

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their are better players on defense, but I think the key to the best season on defense is the play of Brandon Marshall. If teams can't run on the Broncos - and can't effectively go deep because of the pass defense - then someone has to defend the middle of the field and make plays - because that is where the ball is going.
Last year the Broncos got run on - up the gut of the Dline - this year - it looks like the Broncos invested in serious repairs with Peko and Kerr - and the apparent dedication of Gotsis. Everything will now funnel to the short zone in the middle of the field. Marshall is the 3 down player on the inside - he will need to bring it this year.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to say Shane Ray who wants to be that 13+ sack guy
The 4th qtr pass rush will win you Super Bowls
The 2nd key player would be who can replace kayvon on special teams
The was great minus his holding calls but still teams game planned around kayvon

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got to say that Peko and Kerr will be the key player. If they don't perform better than we had last season, we'll be in the same boat.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got to say that Peko and Kerr will be the key player. If they don't perform better than we had last season, we'll be in the same boat.

Marshall and Davis won't be able to do anything unless these guys really bring a huge improvement to the team. Kerr is a guy I can see being that huge value signing for the Broncos. He was maybe my favorite signing for the team this offseason. Not so much what he has done on the field as he has been a bit limited with the Colts but just the potential of him finally hitting his stride.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane Ray needs to take another step. Having two elite edge players can take this defense to another level this year and Ray, given his first round status, larger role, and entering his third year, should be a huge factor on if the team can try to find some if its 2015 level of play.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The was great minus his holding calls but still teams game planned around kayvon

yep. i posted before i read. I think Ray and Gotsis are the biggest two for me. If they take a step forward this year it will have a large effect on the entire defense.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their are better players on defense, but I think the key to the best season on defense is the play of Brandon Marshall. If teams can't run on the Broncos - and can't effectively go deep because of the pass defense - then someone has to defend the middle of the field and make plays - because that is where the ball is going.
Last year the Broncos got run on - up the gut of the Dline - this year - it looks like the Broncos invested in serious repairs with Peko and Kerr - and the apparent dedication of Gotsis. Everything will now funnel to the short zone in the middle of the field. Marshall is the 3 down player on the inside - he will need to bring it this year.
If, as you suspect, the DL can shut down or at least slow down the run game - I'm nominating Davis at LB as the guy who is key. Simply because imo he is the weak link and you know that OCs will be targeting the weakest link on the D. I have confidence that Marshall will do well. Not so much confidence in Davis.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key to the edge rushers success is dependent on the push up the middle. Like Malik provided.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will be at best middle of pack D ..sorry that is the way I see it

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is plethora of injuries . The reason is really bad Coaching all around .

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would not the question Debbie Downer

I did ansewer in my second post players on the D side are beat to pieces ........................Way to many plays in the last two years .

Why we won the SB left for the Rams and retired this year and last year .

Marshal was great the first year with us as a starter Each year since he has started to show wear and tear . IMO he will now fall apart with as light as he is and the amount of snaps he has had .

Everyone is acting nothing has changed with this coaching staff .

This team should be total dismantlement at this point were though. The next time we win a SB none of SB50 players will be on this team .

When wade left that is when I would of traded DT , Miller ,Marshall ....and any other player I could get decent draft picks for .

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would not the question Debbie Downer
Way funny. So far Crash has put Denver at not winning a game next year to " I think they'll still have better record than last year " They were 9-7 last time I cked. Seriously though, I think he must be getting hacked by someone in his house. To much " Cybil " going on ;:

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehhhh you are tiered of you little spat with CD ..

They might be at best a 3 to 5 win team and I have stated that pretty consistent . I did think we were headed right after we picked up Charles then I thought about it and I realized with the changes we made with staff and the lost players were were done for a fem years ..

You do not win every year ..we are not this year

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehhhh you are tiered of you little spat with CD ..

They might be at best a 3 to 5 win team and I have stated that pretty consistent . I did think we were headed right after we picked up Charles then I thought about it and I realized with the changes we made with staff and the lost players were were done for a fem years ..

You do not win every year ..we are not this year
I have admit I got tiered of all the tears in my eyes when I open these post.Never dull

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giggle all you like now because this team is not going to win long again ..then we will pile up injories and blam not another win . my guess picking at 5 to 10 . This head coach deserves one more year as the dolphins D coordinator then fired if he did not produce this year . Not head coach . Rick Dennison was a better O line coach ..So please explain why he is going to be better as a head coach . Because I see failure from this because I don't bite on I got a feeling Bull shit .does not make me funny .. but if you get your kicks ...toughly enjoy ..

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giggle all you like now because this team is not going to win long again ..then we will pile up injories and blam not another win . my guess picking at 5 to 10 . This head coach deserves one more year as the dolphins D coordinator then fired if he did not produce this year . Not head coach . Rick Dennison was a better O line coach ..So please explain why he is going to be better as a head coach . Because I see failure from this because I don't bite on I got a feeling Bull shit .does not make me funny .. but if you get your kicks ...toughly enjoy ..

As always - I cherish you for your opposite point of view. I too criticize the Broncos - just not in public. ;)
But - the most boring way of using this forum is having everyone think the same thing or push the same reasoning. Crash man's up when he is wrong - and happy to do it. I hope I do too.

I have been snorting the koolaid out of the dry pack - this year - because I think John Elway has a remarkable way of putting together turnarounds in his business model that succeed. He made Tim Tebow a Division winner - changed the offense in one season to the Peyton Manning offensive machine - on the side he built one of the great defenses in Bronco history (probably the GOAT D). John Elway has done it again - IMO - he has robbed coaching parts from the graveyard and put together is own staff - for the first time. I think betting on John Elway pulling it off is a pretty good bet.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please learn grammar and sentence structure
Terrible post

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please learn grammar and sentence structure
Terrible post

He reminds me of this guy:

E. E. Cummings