• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Minter A Bengal

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was good news this morning. Solid signing, would have liked to have seen it longer term than 1 year.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good run stopper but terrible in coverage. He played well for the Cards, but wasn't the game changer they wanted at ILB. The Cards brought in 'old man' Dansby to replace him for a year. Probably get similar production at half the cost.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good run stopper but terrible in coverage. He played well for the Cards, but wasn't the game changer they wanted at ILB. The Cards brought in 'old man' Dansby to replace him for a year. Probably get similar production at half the cost.

The 6-0, 246-pound Minter, who broke 4.7 seconds in the 40-yard dash at the 2013 NFL scouting combine, is a second-round pick of Arizona coming off a 1,001-snap season as their starting middle linebacker. A bright, heady player who called signals for the Cards, Minter can probably end up playing both inside spots in the Bengals 4-3 defense at middle linebacker or WILL operating with Rey Maualuga and Vontaze Burfict.

Minter, rated third in pass coverage by profootballfocus.com last season among NFL inside backers, also has 175 career tackles, according to profootballreference.com.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 6-0, 246-pound Minter, who broke 4.7 seconds in the 40-yard dash at the 2013 NFL scouting combine, is a second-round pick of Arizona coming off a 1,001-snap season as their starting middle linebacker. A bright, heady player who called signals for the Cards, Minter can probably end up playing both inside spots in the Bengals 4-3 defense at middle linebacker or WILL operating with Rey Maualuga and Vontaze Burfict.

Minter, rated third in pass coverage by profootballfocus.com last season among NFL inside backers, also has 175 career tackles, according to profootballreference.com.

That rating is bogus because he was not used that much in pass coverage this past season. When he was, he got expose quite often. The reason the Cardinals originally went to a $LB(SS at ILB) in 2015 was partially because Minter was terrible in coverage.

As for his tackle totals, not much to brag about.

Dansby beat out Minter in 2013 & he replaced him 2017. That should tell you a little about his abilities.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to be fair, everyone said he was a bust before last year..... But the ratings from last year don't lie. He had a good year for a good defense. It's a good signing for the Bengals - Bufict is terrific if his head is the game and Rey is serviceable, but not spectacular. Vigil has promise but hasn't proved anything. Mauluga is finished. Minter should fit in well and be an upgrade.

As for Dansby..... I liked it when we signed him, but he definitely looked old last year. Good luck with that.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Minter signing. Seems like a decent young player. He should fit better as a MIKE in a 4-3 than the 3-4 in Arizona. Definitely not a 3 down backer, but should be an upgrade over Maualuga as he's basically a younger version. I'd expect Maualuga's time here is coming to close.

I'd expect the #9 pick to be a DE or WR at this point. I doubt they pick Reuben Foster unless they have him at the top of their board. I'm intrigued by the guy from Temple the more I watch. I know the Bengals have a poor history with hybrid guys. But Reddick isn't as much of a project as people think. It would be nice to have a dynamic guy like that on this defense.

Last edited: