• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Knox to UK

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never doubt Cal as a recruiter. Wow

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprise pick up for Calipari. Congrats Cats.
Guessing this means Diallo stays in draft, Johnson to Zona or Oregon. UK, TX and Duke all waiting on Bamba

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great get for Cal and UK. I thought he might end up at Mizzou. UK will be a fascinating team next season. Almost assuredly to start 5 true freshman, which I don't think Cal has ever had to do up to this point. Even though he has all these highly touted freshman coming in, I still don't think this will be a top 3 UK team since Cal has been there. I think this team will be similar to what the 2011 and 2016 teams were in the regular season. Top 15 team for sure and then see what happens in March. The 2011 made the FF the 2016 team lost in the 2nd round. Can see either happening with this team.

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great get for Cal and UK. I thought he might end up at Mizzou. UK will be a fascinating team next season. Almost assuredly to start 5 true freshman, which I don't think Cal has ever had to do up to this point. Even though he has all these highly touted freshman coming in, I still don't think this will be a top 3 UK team since Cal has been there. I think this team will be similar to what the 2011 and 2016 teams were in the regular season. Top 15 team for sure and then see what happens in March. The 2011 made the FF the 2016 team lost in the 2nd round. Can see either happening with this team.

I agree with you 100%. I'm not sure this will be a team that dominates during the regular season but will have the talent to make a serious run in March IF they buy in.

Now, if this Bamba kid picks UK in the coming weeks, then I might be more willing to look at this team being potentially dangerous and dominate from day one. That said, you just never know with young kids how they'll respond to the big stage. Time will tell.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you 100%. I'm not sure this will be a team that dominates during the regular season but will have the talent to make a serious run in March IF they buy in.

Now, if this Bamba kid picks UK in the coming weeks, then I might be more willing to look at this team being potentially dangerous and dominate from day one. That said, you just never know with young kids how they'll respond to the big stage. Time will tell.

Buying in will always be the key. Will Cal have trouble with basically an all freshman team buying in, when they were all studs in high school? There's always been at least 1 or 2 upperclassmen(if not more) who were willing to take on the lesser role(going back to guys like Miller, Liggins, Harrelson, Jones and Lamb as SO's in 2012, WCS, Poythress, and last year with guys like Willis and Briscoe). I always go back to the 2012-2013 team that didn't really have any upperclassmen and how that team "struggled"(I think they would have had a shot at making the tournament had Noel not gotten injured). That team had to rely on heavily on freshman and Wiltjer who was basically seeing his first real game action. I think this crop of freshman will be better, but all those guys in 2012-2013 came in highly regarded as well. And that 2012-2013 team didn't have any depth either. This UK team will theoretically have more depth even if it's all inexperienced.

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buying in will always be the key. Will Cal have trouble with basically an all freshman team buying in, when they were all studs in high school? There's always been at least 1 or 2 upperclassmen(if not more) who were willing to take on the lesser role(going back to guys like Miller, Liggins, Harrelson, Jones and Lamb as SO's in 2012, WCS, Poythress, and last year with guys like Willis and Briscoe). I always go back to the 2012-2013 team that didn't really have any upperclassmen and how that team "struggled"(I think they would have had a shot at making the tournament had Noel not gotten injured). That team had to rely on heavily on freshman and Wiltjer who was basically seeing his first real game action. I think this crop of freshman will be better, but all those guys in 2012-2013 came in highly regarded as well. And that 2012-2013 team didn't have any depth either. This UK team will theoretically have more depth even if it's all inexperienced.

Again, you hit the nail on the head. The 2012 team had Jones, Lamb, and Miller who all played a major role in getting to the Final Four the previous year. That along with the talent and once in a 10 year type player in Davis was the difference in getting over the hump so to speak.

It will absolutely be interesting to see how this team gel's throughout the season. A lot of it will be attitude and willingness to do what's asked. Regardless, I'm pretty excited about this class even more so than last years class because I feel the Cats will be 2 deep across the board. Should be fun.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he's pretty happy. I would be too. Great pick up.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a good pickup for Kentucky as usual, good job.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cat's sign no one else, I think they are a Sweet 16 type team. If Bamba chooses UK, this team could make the Final Four. If they get Bamba and either Johnson, or Diallo(rather than stay in the draft), then this will be as or more talented than any team he's ever had. I think they get Bamba, I think Diallio will stay in the draft(think he is a D League guy, but could go end of round one) and I think Johnson will choose UK if Diallo stays in, go elsewhere if Diallo comes back