• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kentucky 2017

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my point I'm not sure that Wall was better than Fox at this age. Wall was a damn rock star at UK. Fox the last 7-8 games changed his style. He looked to score more. Fox improved his shooting from 3 as the season went. Wall wasn't a good shooter as a FR. I would give Wall the nod because simply put - he was the man. U have to remember before Cal, our best players were Jodi Meeks, Joe Crawford , Rumeal Bradley. They were nice players but not exactly the elite. Cal changed the program but getting John Wall was what really made it happen.

As far as those Rankings- it's hard not to put Westbrook , Harden, Curry ahead of Wall because of their scoring and shooting. As far as a PG though , I'm not sure which one I'm taking. Wall doesn't have many all stars playing with him. Beal is really good.

Last year at this team all we were hearing was how great Dunn was gonna be. He hasn't really adjusted. I'm a UK fan so I'm trying to be objective. Truth is I've seen Fox play 38 games, Ball 5, Fultz 1

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fultz to me is more of a DWade/Harden/Gilbert Arenas/D'Angelo Russell/Less athletic Westbrook type of player. An elite combo guard scorer. I don't view him as pure PG but he has the ability to still get around 8 assists a game if he tried going that route. That's the reason he's number 1. He has the most dynamic offensive game and can basically create his own shot at will.

Lonzo ball is the only pure PG in this class. Fox is probably second in that category. DSJ could be a true PG but he looks more like a freaky athletic PnR PG in the mold of Steve Francis/Baron Davis.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wall and Fox stats which really don't mean a whole lot because it's two different teams are really similar their FR yrs. Wall averages about 2 assists more but averaged 5 more minutes.

Walls max vert was 39.

Fox - 38.5, Monk - 42 , Hawkins 41, Mulder- 44

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving was better and also the #1 overall, and has a ring. Again, I'm not saying Fox isn't a great player. But to say he will be the #1 PG in a few years is over the top.
You and I would have a ring with LBJ. We shall see

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
That's some homer shit he is cooking. It's almost as if he never saw that 2007 Ohio State team and what Conley did his freshman year. Irving was injured but still a beast in his limited time. Not to mention Wall was off the charts as a prospect athletically with the size.

Also Fox never had a 42' vertical, that was Monk

DraftExpress - De'Aaron Fox DraftExpress Profile: Stats, Comparisons, and Outlook
Clip and save. UK's Pro day, we had 4 40+. 38.5 ain't bad

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and I would have a ring with LBJ. We shall see

IDK about that. LeBron only has three rings since he was drafted #1 overall in 2003.
PG's don't usually get drafted #1 overall. It's usually a PF, SG, or Center.
Since the advent of the draft lottery in 1985, only seven number one overall picks have won an NBA title. They are David Robinson, Shaquille O'Neal, Glenn Robinson, Tim Duncan, LeBron James, Andrew Bogut, and Kyrie Irving. Of these #1 draft picks only Irving is a true PG.

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky... How did you leave him wide open like that to end the game? Dude went off in that game however (per his standards)

I was at a bar and that was the same reaction that @Iggloo posted above
Irving was better and also the #1 overall, and has a ring. Again, I'm not saying Fox isn't a great player. But to say he will be the #1 PG in a few years is over the top.

I, unfortunately will have to agree. I believe Fox has all the tools to be a "great" PG in the league but the best is probably over the top. Simply because you really don't know how these kids will ultimately develop.

As far as the "ring" argument goes, we all know it takes a collection of really good to great players in today's NBA to win a Championship but Irving is fantastic player none the less.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok .. which one of you guys did this ?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a smart choice. He should have stayed. He will be lucky to get picked up late 2nd round.

I don't think it was a dumb decision. His stock is likely to never get better because Cal will continue to bring in guards that are better than him(ie. Fox, Monk) so why not leave and get paid 50K-70K to play in the D League? Maybe he'll be able to develop as a PG better in the D League because he'll actually play that position, unlike at UK, where he's been playing SF this season.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was a dumb decision. His stock is likely to never get better because Cal will continue to bring in guards that are better than him(ie. Fox, Monk) so why not leave and get paid 50K-70K to play in the D League? Maybe he'll be able to develop as a PG better in the D League because he'll actually play that position, unlike at UK, where he's been playing SF this season.
True, but I think he could increase his ability as he will be another year older with more experience. That could help him stick out at Kentucky more too.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but I think he could increase his ability as he will be another year older with more experience. That could help him stick out at Kentucky more too.

The major thing he needs to improve is his shooting. Which can be done in college, NBA or D League. I just don't think he'll ever be a good shooter, so maybe he wants to earn some $$$. I think he's good defensively so that can translate to the next level. I think he needs to focus on being a PG. Something we won't be able to do at UK with the recruits Cal brings in.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all the dust has settled, Kentucky is going to lose 8 of their top 9 players from last year. Also Hamidou Diallo a 5 star recruit who enrolled in the for the spring semester declared for the draft, without hiring an agent. There's a pretty good chance Kentucky starts 5 Freshman next season, unless they land a grad transfer or JuCo player. That is crazy turnover.