• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kentucky 2017

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about the best, but one of the best maybe.

He could also be the next coming of Darren Collison.

I also think there's lots of guys in the NBA who can put up numbers on crappy teams but it's about who can be one of the three best players on a team that can win a title.
We'll see. I've said similar things about Anthony Davis, KAT, Boogie, Devin and Murray. I also said little Ulis could play, but I didn't think the Twins were ready.

Fox is as talented as any player Cal has had. He is better than Wall was at the same juncture. Because of his elite speed and 42" vertical, he's only gonna be better in the League

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. I've said similar things about Anthony Davis, KAT, Boogie, Devin and Murray. I also said little Ulis could play, but I didn't think the Twins were ready.

Fox is as talented as any player Cal has had. He is better than Wall was at the same juncture. Because of his elite speed and 42" vertical, he's only gonna be better in the League

You think Hawkins could pull a Rico Gathers and play with the Cowboys lol

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky... How did you leave him wide open like that to end the game? Dude went off in that game however (per his standards)

I was at a bar and that was the same reaction that @Iggloo posted above

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky... How did you leave him wide open like that to end the game? Dude went off in that game however (per his standards)

I was at a bar and that was the same reaction that @Iggloo posted above

Could have used a timeout right there. Big shot excitement. After it played out though I doubt Roy liked who had the ball. I was worried about Berry getting the ball. With that being said Maye was open and he did what he was suppose to do. Tough way to lose.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox will be the best PG in the NBA in a few years

Uh, nope. John Wall was the #1 PG taken in the 2010 draft and he isn't near the best PG status NOW. Westbrook, Paul, Irving, Lowry, Curry, and Lillard are all better than Wall right now. Arguably maybe even Walker and Conley as well. Fox isn't the #1 overall pick like Wall was in 2010 either. Don't get me wrong. Fox is a helluva player. But to me he isn't an elite PG even like Wall was when he bolted for the NBA.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, nope. John Wall was the #1 PG taken in the 2010 draft and he isn't near the best PG status NOW. Westbrook, Paul, Irving, Lowry, Curry, and Lillard are all better than Wall right now. Arguably maybe even Walker and Conley as well. Fox isn't the #1 overall pick like Wall was in 2010 either. Don't get me wrong. Fox is a helluva player. But to me he isn't an elite PG even like Wall was when he bolted for the NBA.
5 years from now those guys will have lost a step. Irving and Conley, as college freshmen, weren't as good as this kid

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think u are shortchanging Wall a little here. Opinion of course. 23 points 11 assists a game. His team has a shot at the one seed in the East. I would probably take Westbrook, Harden, and Curry over him and Im not 100 percent sure on any of those. Just my opinion

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 years from now those guys will have lost a step. Irving and Conley, as college freshmen, weren't as good as this kid

He might be the 4th PG taken in his own class.

Fultz and Ball will certainly go ahead of him, and depending on who's picking, Smith might too.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fultz and Ball will certainly go ahead of him, and depending on who's picking, Smith might too.

I'm a UK fan so I'm sure I'm biased somewhat but if those other 3 go in front of him I would be totally shocked. Fultz - I haven't seen much. Supposedly he is the most complete of all. I would have to see it though. I think Fox is overlooked here a bit because of Monk.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a UK fan, Cal has had Wall, Bledsoe, Knight, Teague,Harrow, Harrison , Ulis , and now Fox run the point. I loved Tyler Ulis and John Wall and they will probably make some All Time UK teams over Fox, but as a FR Fox is as talented as Wall was. Now the intangibles may give the nod to Wall but it's close

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could have used a timeout right there. Big shot excitement. After it played out though I doubt Roy liked who had the ball. I was worried about Berry getting the ball. With that being said Maye was open and he did what he was suppose to do. Tough way to lose.

Very tough way to loss. Though Maye was fantastic all game, fitting he won it for them

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very tough way to loss. Though Maye was fantastic all game, fitting he won it for them

Yes he was. It's wierd that many are calling it a classic. The last 2 minutes would definitely classify as classic but truthfully NC played about a C game maybe. Jackson scored some points but he was not nearly as efficient as he has been. Meeks was outstanding. They had a lot of turnovers it seemed though. Both teams played pretty good defense I thought. Offensively though there were a lot of missed open looks.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a UK fan so I'm sure I'm biased somewhat but if those other 3 go in front of him I would be totally shocked. Fultz - I haven't seen much. Supposedly he is the most complete of all. I would have to see it though. I think Fox is overlooked here a bit because of Monk.

Like I said, Fultz and Ball almost assuredly go ahead of him.

Lonzo Ball is a turnover machine, so you know he will be an NBA superstar... :nod:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he was. It's wierd that many are calling it a classic. The last 2 minutes would definitely classify as classic but truthfully NC played about a C game maybe. Jackson scored some points but he was not nearly as efficient as he has been. Meeks was outstanding. They had a lot of turnovers it seemed though. Both teams played pretty good defense I thought. Offensively though there were a lot of missed open looks.

Both teams didn't play like they were capable at all last night so yeah this isn't a "classic." Though I guess as you said maybe there are saying it because of the last two minutes.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Irving was better and also the #1 overall, and has a ring. Again, I'm not saying Fox isn't a great player. But to say he will be the #1 PG in a few years is over the top.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think u are shortchanging Wall a little here. Opinion of course. 23 points 11 assists a game. His team has a shot at the one seed in the East. I would probably take Westbrook, Harden, and Curry over him and Im not 100 percent sure on any of those. Just my opinion

Here's one ranking and Wall is 5th:

Ranking top players by position: Point guards - NBA.com

This one has Wall ranked 6th:

Ranking all 30 starting point guards in the NBA.

Here's another that has him 5th:

The top 10 point guards in the NBA right now

My point is this. Saying Fox "will be the best PG in a few years" is just way over the top, IMHO, when Wall was better at this same stage in his career and he still isn't the top PG in the NBA now.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DSJ is the easily most athletic point guard in this class. He just played for a trash coach and program.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving was better and also the #1 overall, and has a ring. Again, I'm not saying Fox isn't a great player. But to say he will be the #1 PG in a few years is over the top.
That's some homer shit he is cooking. It's almost as if he never saw that 2007 Ohio State team and what Conley did his freshman year. Irving was injured but still a beast in his limited time. Not to mention Wall was off the charts as a prospect athletically with the size.

Also Fox never had a 42' vertical, that was Monk

DraftExpress - De'Aaron Fox DraftExpress Profile: Stats, Comparisons, and Outlook

Last edited: