• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KENNY VACCARO!

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny Vaccaro scuffles with Saints' Jimmy Graham - NFL.com

One school of NFL thought teaches that rookies should be seen not heard. Safety Kenny Vaccaro does not believe in such a doctrine.

During Wednesday's practice, the New Orleans Saints' first-round pick fought for a catch with tight end Jimmy Graham, then threw the ball at Graham's head.

"It almost turned into a brawl, but we're both cool," Vaccaro said. "We understand that we're just competing and sometimes things get heated."

Vaccaro also flattened running back Pierre Thomas on Tuesday during a supposed non-contact drill. Last Thursday, during the team's first padded practice, Vaccaro took swipes at fullback Austin Johnson and threw running back Travaris Cadet to the ground by his shoulder pads.

"I love football. I'm reckless," Vaccaro said. "That's just the way I am. I have a physical nature. If anything you have to slow me down before you speed me up. I approach every practice like that and it's not going to stop until somebody says, 'Hey, relax,' Every team needs a guy that's going to be like that -- a little craziness, a little edge to him."

We love that Vaccaro already is embracing this role in his first training camp. Coach Sean Payton spoke to the media about being aggressive "the right way," but he hasn't said a word to Vaccaro about calming down.

That's because Payton knows this is exactly what the Saints' defense needs.

"Offensive guys obviously don't like it," Vaccaro said. "I think Rob (Ryan) loves it. Everybody is watching and everybody sees. Real recognize real."

I AM LOVING THIS ALREADY. We haven't seen arrogance, aggressiveness, and downright physical dominance on defense since the 2009 SB year, Kenny Vaccaro is what we NEED. This guy has come into camp with a chip on shoulder and has not backed down from even Jimmy Graham, and Graham is kind of a loose cannon when he plays. When Vaccaro eventually unseats Roman Harper, we'll have him and Jenkins as safteys, with Kennan Lewis and Jabari Greer at corner, that is one good combo. I like the mindset Vaccaro has brought thus far and I hope it rolls into this upcoming season. If the defense can be average, we will be DANGEROUS.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a couple of youtube tidbits on Vaccaro in training camp. With the first being a nice play he made on the ball and the second addressing his recent "aggressiveness" in camp.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10iT7dPTLRE]Play of the Day: Kenny Vaccaro's Deflection - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpOZ8c8Zkb4]7/30/13 Saints Training Camp Minute - YouTube[/ame]

andyham7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope he doesnt get out of control in games!
If that idiot rookie hurts a team mate that means something, he needs the shit kicked out of him! Sounds like he needs it anyway!

Saint D was lacking passion though, so in a round about way its good! Just be SMART Kenny!

DISPLACEDTEXAN

Remember? not at my age!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope he doesnt get out of control in games!
If that idiot rookie hurts a team mate that means something, he needs the shit kicked out of him! Sounds like he needs it anyway!

Saint D was lacking passion though, so in a round about way its good! Just be SMART Kenny!
I just might be forced to forgive Kenny for going to Texas, we truly need some of that attitude around the dome. he kind of reminds me of some of the stories you used to hear about Jeff Fisher when he was playing for the Bears