• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kenny Easley HOF senior finalist

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About time he got the nod. All Hawks fans that saw Easley play know that he would have been a shoe in for the HOF had he played a full career. He didn't and that hurt his chances. Even Lott who is a HOFer would tell you Easley was better than he was. Glad to see him get the nod to be on the list, now lets hope he gets the needed votes.

For those that never got to see Easley play i saw someone sum him up perfectly.

"Think of someone that hit's like Kam and puts fear into teams but also has the range of Earl Thomas and the Ball hawking skills of Sherman. That was Kenny Easley" Yep that about sums it up to a T.

Kennedy has also said " Easley was the Greatest defensive player in Seahawks History" I totally agree with that but Tez you were also :P

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is one of best to ever play DB, regardless of position. It is a shame that he is not already in.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came too late to see him do what he did. But if what i'm hearing is true

A) Dam shame he is not in already (can claim a north west bias but i won't ;) )

B) Good to hear he is a finalist

Now let's get kenny there. Where he belongs

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came too late to see him do what he did. But if what i'm hearing is true

A) Dam shame he is not in already (can claim a north west bias but i won't ;) )

B) Good to hear he is a finalist

Just found out that means he is in.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easley was before my time too, but my dad has been a Seahawks fan since 76 and he's told me several times about how good he was. I hear you about not claiming a bias, but I have zero doubts that if Easley had played for the Giants or Packers or Steelers etc, he'd have been in the HoF years ago.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw his whole career during my teenage years. He's the original Kam but with better speed and cover skills. Better than Lott as well, in my opinion.....just didn't play as long or for any darling teams.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw his whole career during my teenage years. He's the original Kam but with better speed and cover skills. Better than Lott as well, in my opinion.....just didn't play as long or for any darling teams.

Exactly. I love Kam and Earl but Kenny was the best traits of both rolled into a single package. Ball hawk and hitting machine. Lott was great but even he admitted that Easley was the best at the position.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I love Kam and Earl but Kenny was the best traits of both rolled into a single package. Ball hawk and hitting machine. Lott was great but even he admitted that Easley was the best at the position.
I remember the playoff game vs Miami...the first road playoff win in franchise history...Easley knocked 2 Dolphins out of the game with bonecrunching hits. I also seem to remember 3 picks in a game once -- think vs SD. He was a good blitzer, too. Dude could just wreck your whole offense.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny was a beast, but he didn't have the speed that Earl has. Agree on the combination of skills though.

I'm very glad that the franchise seems to have fixed that relationship. Was a black cloud hanging over the Hawks. For the young fans, his experience was why I didn't get so mad at Kam for his holdout. These players can go from All-pro to the scrap-heap in a heartbeat.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny was a beast, but he didn't have the speed that Earl has. Agree on the combination of skills though.
No, not quite as fast/quick as Earl but impressively close given his size and hitting ability. He truly could play either safety position at a historically elite level.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be bitter about Jerry Kramer not getting the nod until they come to their senses and let him in, but I can't complain about Easley. Dude deserves it.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not quite as fast/quick as Earl but impressively close given his size and hitting ability. He truly could play either safety position at a historically elite level.

No he wasn't as quick as Earl but his top speed was faster. He was 6 foot 3 and was a LONG strider and took a little bit to get going. His 0 to 10 yard quickness was average or slightly above for his time in the NFL but his speed after that was deceptive with his really LONG strides, he would out run people all the time or catch people. Rarely did you ever see him get out ran.