• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kenley Jansen "Maybe we have to go on strike"

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frustration is boiling over around Major League Baseball due to this winter’s slow moving free agent market. And don’t make the mistake of thinking it’s only coming from players without deals.

Los Angeles Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen, who just inked a five-year, $80 million last winter, is just as irked as anyone by the lack of market-moving deals, and he’s not against doing something rash to turn things around.

“That is something we might have to address, so you don’t have a lot of Miami Marlins doing this,” Jansen said. “Maybe it’s an adjustment for us, as the players’ union. Maybe we have to go on strike, to be honest with you. That’s how I feel about it.”

Kenley Jansen on frozen free agent market: 'Maybe we have to go on strike'

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s he crying about? He just got paid last year, right?

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bigly at that

Wade Davis and Lorenzo Cain got pretty massive deals.
Hm. Maybe he has a point though. I could get behind the entire dodgers organization boycotting the upcoming season. To prove a point & all. :whistle:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so he's pissed that JD Martinez hasn't been moved yet? Because that's the only player I really can think of 'not being moved"

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so he's pissed that JD Martinez hasn't been moved yet? Because that's the only player I really can think of 'not being moved"
I know Hosmer has a 7/147 offer and at least two suitors.

Boras clients and the like are just salty their boy is having his bluff called for what it is; and then blaming the GM's and owners.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Hosmer has a 7/147 offer and at least two suitors.

Boras clients and the like are just salty their boy is having his bluff called for what it is; and then blaming the GM's and owners.

oh right, forgot about Hosmer.. For some reason thought he was signed..

But come on wasn't Jansen signed to one of the "best" contracts for a reliever.. Dude needs to just shut up!

Boras is RUINING baseball

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moustakas and Darvish as well.

But yeah, STFU. The FA signings that have gotten done have not been pauper deals. This is just a particularly crappy FA class, and they all think they are HOFers because, well, compared the rest of the class, they ARE HOFers.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can go back to his fuckin island for all I care.

Play for soup, or coconuts or fish tacos, or whatever it is they play for.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frustration is boiling over around Major League Baseball due to this winter’s slow moving free agent market. And don’t make the mistake of thinking it’s only coming from players without deals.

Los Angeles Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen, who just inked a five-year, $80 million last winter, is just as irked as anyone by the lack of market-moving deals, and he’s not against doing something rash to turn things around.

“That is something we might have to address, so you don’t have a lot of Miami Marlins doing this,” Jansen said. “Maybe it’s an adjustment for us, as the players’ union. Maybe we have to go on strike, to be honest with you. That’s how I feel about it.”

If this guy ran a business he would think differently.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The MLBPA would be idiotic to strike. The only grievance they could possibly have is service time and international signings.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He left the Pirates out of his rant, so I'll cut him some slack.

With major revenue differences Yanks 526-- Rays 205, just where do you draw the lines?

Making teams spend at least 50% of revenue on player payroll would be just as popular with small market teams as increased revenue sharing would be with the big earners.

MLB fucked up long ago, by not taking over all tv deals and distributing it all equally. But that horse isnt going back in the barn now. I cant see a good answer.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next season's FA class will be the best FA class in a long time. Teams don't want to blow their load this season.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been slow going thus far in free agency I agree, still think as we get closer to spring training guys will get signed.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He left the Pirates out of his rant, so I'll cut him some slack.

With major revenue differences Yanks 526-- Rays 205, just where do you draw the lines?

Making teams spend at least 50% of revenue on player payroll would be just as popular with small market teams as increased revenue sharing would be with the big earners.

MLB fucked up long ago, by not taking over all tv deals and distributing it all equally. But that horse isnt going back in the barn now. I cant see a good answer.

It's also hard to say what counts for the revenue if you OWN the company you're doing your tv deal with.