• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kenley Jansen Made $206,000 Per Inning Pitched

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if he ever thinks about the fans?

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh no

in the regular season

In 2019.......he'll make $18,000,000

roughly $265,000 an inning

In 2021 he'll make $20,000,000

roughly $294,000 an inning

These guys are prima donna babies.

The fans need to strike.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but but GMs are the devil and cruel about handing money out!

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenley Jansen made $13,800 per pitch in 2017.

The average American salary (under the age of 65) is
$46,400 a year.

Jansen makes more than an average American makes, in his first FOUR PITCHES.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gian Carlos Stanton will make (roughly) $41,800 each at bat in 2018.

one at bat.......$41,800

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miguel Cabrera...........will make roughly $64,000 each at bat in 2018.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not to just pick on MLBers

Cam Newton only made $73,000 per pass completion in 2017........slightly overpaid

Aaron Rogers will make roughly $41,000 for one pass attempt.

LeBron James only makes roughly $23,000 per shot attempt.....How can you live on that?

Lewis Hamilton makes 42 mil a year........without endorsements

Cristiano Ronaldo makes 56 million a year

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I don't even know who those last 2 people are

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting to break it down like that. Calling for a fan strike? Calling them prima donna babies because of how much money they make? Comparing it to average salaries of all Americans? I'm not seeing the connection.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for paying these guys a good, relatively high wage but the totals for many of these guys are awful.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PhysicalIckyEmeraldtreeskink-max-1mb.gif

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting to break it down like that. Calling for a fan strike? Calling them prima donna babies because of how much money they make? Comparing it to average salaries of all Americans? I'm not seeing the connection.

My girl friend payed $65 for a bleacher seat at Wrigley (2017) for a regular season game (Cardinals),
and you don't see the connection? .........REALLY?
$11 for a beer.........Hot dog...$6......Parking $25 and higher
I'm glad you're rich.

and Kenley Jansen wants a player's strike?

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My girl friend payed $65 for a bleacher seat at Wrigley (2017) for a regular season game (Cardinals),
and you don't see the connection? .........REALLY?
$11 for a beer.........Hot dog...$6......Parking $25 and higher
I'm glad you're rich.

and Kenley Jansen wants a player's strike?
I'm unbelievably wealthy in comparison to the rest of the world, yes.

I see the connection between high salaries and high ticket/parking/concession prices. I don't see the point in comparing it to average salaries for all Americans.

Those prices you just named are the prices that are set by the market. Supply and demand. What should MLB do? Not try to make as much money as they can?

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darvish had to "settle" for 126 million.......

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darvish had to "settle" for 126 million.......

I don't get it either...

It's all relative. The market has determined these players worth.

If you want to be upset with anybody, be upset with yourself and fellow fans. We've been the ones pumping our dollars and interest into baseball. We've created the high-demand for these players skill-set.

Waaaah! I make 50 grand per year swinging a hammer on a construction site. While Giancarlo Stanton makes millions playing baseball!

The explanation is simple.

What percentage of the population is capable of swinging hammers, teaching elementary school, selling insurance packages... etc...???

Now... What percentage of the population can hit 50+ HR's against Major League pitching in a season. While helping to generate millions upon millions in ticket sales, advertisement.. etc... for the MLB organization which employs him... While capturing the interest of a large chunk of the nation in the process of doing so?

Last edited:

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it either...

It's all relative. The market has determined these players worth.

If you want to be upset with anybody, be upset with yourself and fellow fans. We've been the ones pumping our dollars and interest into baseball. We've created the high-demand for these players skill-set.

Waaaah! I make 50 grand per year swinging a hammer on a construction site. While Giancarlo Stanton makes millions playing baseball!

The explanation is simple.

What percentage of the population is capable of swinging hammers, teaching elementary school, selling insurance packages... etc...???

Now... What percentage of the population can hit 50+ HR's against Major League pitching in a season. While helping to generate millions upon millions in ticket sales, advertisement.. etc... for the MLB organization which employs him... While capturing the interest of a large chunk of the nation in the process of doing so?

Your logic is, a never ending vicious circle. The owners make more money /so the players deserve more money /
TV has to pay more money to show the games/ so the owners make more money / the players think they deserve more money.....to infinity.
And what about the fans? There is a breaking point.

And just because somebody can turn around a 100mph fastball, doesn't make them better or more special than workers who actually make a difference in this world. Pro athletes aren't finding a cure for cancer or creating world peace. Nobody is worth $60,000 an at bat TO PLAY A GAME.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your logic is, a never ending vicious circle. The owners make more money /so the players deserve more money /
TV has to pay more money to show the games/ so the owners make more money / the players think they deserve more money.....to infinity.

And just because somebody can turn around a 100mph fastball, doesn't make them better or more special than workers who actually make a difference in this world. Pro athletes aren't finding a cure for cancer or creating world peace. Nobody is worth $60,000 an at bat TO PLAY A GAME.
What about the fans?

You can go to a Cubs game for $25. Do it or don't.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wrong. You are worth what someone is willing to pay you.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, I just somewhat hope you're a kid... I would hate to think there are adults who lack just a basic understanding of economics to this degree. Are you by any chance the same guy I had nearly an identical conversation with about Jason Heyward?

Yes, the breaking point is when the consumer (the fans) aren't willing to pay up for the product anymore. The fans have set the demand. Organizations simply supply what we are all asking and willing to pay for. Do you know why they set ticket and beer prices where they are? Because we fucking pay it...

That's called capitalism.

And just because somebody can turn around a 100mph fastball, doesn't make them better or more special than workers who actually make a difference in this world.

Financially, it does. WE, THE CONSUMERS... have made that clear for decades upon decades. Not just with sports, but with all forms of entertainment. We place a high value on it (not just the United States, but most every society) and have set the precedent that we are willing to pay top dollar for top quality. That leads to a lucrative business. Such as sports, music, movies, TV... etc...

Nobody is worth $60,000 an at bat TO PLAY A GAME.

Yes, they are. This isn't even a debate. It is simply a FACT of free market economics. lol

This isn't a cooked up evil scheme by some big corporate fat cat executive or politician... WE, THE FANS have decided this. lol. Nobody else did this... WE DID.

If it comforts you... there's plenty of horror stories from sports history. About franchises who have over reached, overspent and completely imploded as a business.

Last edited: