• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kelvin Herrera to Washington

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle and now the Nats striking quick, so smart instead of waiting another month when there are 10 teams in on these guys

Seattle nabbed a good one in Colome before anyone even knew he was available

If there's a dance partner for a piece you want, I've never understood waiting until the last minute.

Our starting pitching has given us nothing to complain about other than our manager's quick hook.

But we're basically working with a 2 man bullpen now. It's been as high as a 4 man pen, but 2 of them are streaky as hell. Dominant for a stretch, terrible for a stretch. The bottom 3-4 guys have been nothing but useless. We're gonna have to get some help there either via trade or internally(we have a couple guys dominating in relief roles in AAA, but I'm not sure what the holdup is).

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's a dance partner for a piece you want, I've never understood waiting until the last minute.

Our starting pitching has given us nothing to complain about other than our manager's quick hook.

But we're basically working with a 2 man bullpen now. It's been as high as a 4 man pen, but 2 of them are streaky as hell. Dominant for a stretch, terrible for a stretch. The bottom 3-4 guys have been nothing but useless. We're gonna have to get some help there either via trade or internally(we have a couple guys dominating in relief roles in AAA, but I'm not sure what the holdup is).

Hand will be the most costly one, but there are a lotta low key guys having solid seasons on bad teams

Zach Britton will also be very available and his injury was not arm related, so thats a guy that could be every bit as valuable as Hand

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely available

We don't necessarily need it. Camargo is a great fielder and a clutch hitter(but pretty bad early in games with no runners on), but it'd definitely be nice to have.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hand will be the most costly one, but there are a lotta low key guys having solid seasons on bad teams

Zach Britton will also be very available and his injury was not arm related, so thats a guy that could be every bit as valuable as Hand

I'd be willing to pay the price for hand. We have plenty of pitching prospects, and we kind of owe San Diego for taking BJ Upton and his contract off of our hands, and then doing the same with Hector Olivera.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't necessarily need it. Camargo is a great fielder and a clutch hitter(but pretty bad early in games with no runners on), but it'd definitely be nice to have.

Hell Yeah, the wheels can come off a guy like Camargo by time October comes, probably much sooner...Moose is a difference making bat with October experience, that acquisition would be gold for the Braves, Albies, Freeman, Moose, Markakis, Acuna

Dear Lord

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be willing to pay the price for hand. We have plenty of pitching prospects, and we kind of owe San Diego for taking BJ Upton and his contract off of our hands, and then doing the same with Hector Olivera.

LOL

Yeah but didnt you unload Kemp on them for Danby Swanson, when Swanson was supposed to be a legit superstar prospect? Do I have that right?

Or was that some Shelby Miller type deal?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And it doesn't even have to be a closer we trade for, just a good middle reliever would be fine. Vizcaino isn't pretty, but he gets the job done. We're something like 55-1 when we have a lead in the 9th inning since VIzcaino took over the closers role last July, and that one loss was the replay screwjob game against the Cubs earlier this year.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it doesn't even have to be a closer we trade for, just a good middle reliever would be fine. Vizcaino isn't pretty, but he gets the job done. We're something like 55-1 when we have a lead in the 9th inning since VIzcaino took over the closers role last July, and that one loss was the replay screwjob game against the Cubs earlier this year.

I love a monster pen in a short series...Everyone wants the Yankees to add a starter, I guess that seems obvious, Im a proponent of keep loading up the pen, I wouldnt mind them chasing a Hand at all

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Yeah but didnt you unload Kemp on them for Danby Swanson, when Swanson was supposed to be a legit superstar prospect? Do I have that right?

Or was that some Shelby Miller type deal?

We got Dansby and Inciarte for Shelby Miller from the Diamondbacks.

We unloaded Kemp on the Dodgers. We got two bad contracts that expire at the end of the season and Charlie Culberson.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We unloaded Kemp on the Dodgers. We got two bad contracts that expire at the end of the season and Charlie Culberson.

Gotta give it to Kemp, some ups and down, but the guy for the most part has put together a really nice career, still could rake a bit

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love a monster pen in a short series...Everyone wants the Yankees to add a starter, I guess that seems obvious, Im a proponent of keep loading up the pen, I wouldnt mind them chasing a Hand at all

If the front office is serious about contending this year, getting pen help is an absolute must.

But when you talk about monster bullpens, I just get reminded of us having a lead against Clayton Kershaw in a win or go home game in the NLDS, and then having the pen blow it late without Craig Kimbrel so much as warming up.

That was a shitty end to a season.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BTW, I remember that Miller deal, that was a shocker, feels like thats when the organization turned the corner into what its becoming

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give it to Kemp, some ups and down, but the guy for the most part has put together a really nice career, still could rake a bit

He's had a nice career, and we got basically a full year of solid production from him before he bottomed out in the second half last year.

Kinda pisses me off though that he was in a position to drop 40 pounds this past offseason. Guess his heart never really left LA.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the front office is serious about contending this year, getting pen help is an absolute must.

But when you talk about monster bullpens, I just get reminded of us having a lead against Clayton Kershaw in a win or go home game in the NLDS, and then having the pen blow it late without Craig Kimbrel so much as warming up.

That was a shitty end to a season.

One thing the Yankees have gotten right is the importance of that pen now for a long time......Sooo many series have been ruined by bad pens....I remember the Tigers/Sox in the last Red Sox World Series season, Tigers dominated that series everywhere but the pen, think they blew every loss that postseason

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I remember that Miller deal, that was a shocker, feels like thats when the organization turned the corner into what its becoming

It's the best trade we made during the whole rebuild. Dansby has been rock solid this year. He had a bout with wrist problems earlier that hurt his overall numbers, but before and since he's been a productive hitter and excellent with the glove at short.

Ender has had a bad offensive year, but had over 200 hits last year, and he still plays a gold glove center field.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the best trade we made during the whole rebuild. Dansby has been rock solid this year. He had a bout with wrist problems earlier that hurt his overall numbers, but before and since he's been a productive hitter and excellent with the glove at short.

Ender has had a bad offensive year, but had over 200 hits last year, and he still plays a gold glove center field.

I like Ender, Brett Gardner type that doesnt jump off the page, but type of player every winning team loves to have

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing the Yankees have gotten right is the importance of that pen now for a long time......Sooo many series have been ruined by bad pens....I remember the Tigers/Sox in the last Red Sox World Series season, Tigers dominated that series everywhere but the pen, think they blew every loss that postseason

It seems like every year we've had a good pen, we either didn't have the offense or the starting pitching to go with it.

Kimbrel, Venters and O'Flaherty was great, but when a third baseman in his late 30's was still the best offensive weapon, we couldn't really go anywhere.

I'm convinced to this day that we'd have gotten more the one WS ring in the 90's if we had a better bullpen.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like every year we've had a good pen, we either didn't have the offense or the starting pitching to go with it.

Kimbrel, Venters and O'Flaherty was great, but when a third baseman in his late 30's was still the best offensive weapon, we couldn't really go anywhere.

I'm convinced to this day that we'd have gotten more the one WS ring in the 90's if we had a better bullpen.

Oh Yeah, well '96 is in the bag if not for Wohlers.....;-)