• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keeping Patrick Robinson?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes please. He was tremendous all year. That pick 6 against the Vikings is worth infinity dollars per year forever.

There is No Cap.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles are trying to get it done today.

Why move everyone around back there and hope someone can play nickel? Robinson already can.

Let's you dangle Darby as a trade chip. Although I do like his speed back there and would like to see him after a whole training camp. But with Jones coming in there is no need for him. He helped win the SB. Trade him for a better pick than you lost and it's a double win.

Sometimes I feel like the Eagles are picking my brain while I sleep. I wake up and they are moving all the chips the way I would move them. It's great!

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson and Jenkins were our most valuable DBs last season, makes sense they would want to keep him. I just dismissed the idea of him coming back because I didn't think we'd be able to afford him. Darby played well but wasn't as impactful I think as they hoped he would be, assuming he is the rumored trade bait.

If the Birds are convinced that Sid is healthy, then it makes sense to move on from Darby (or Mills?) and get draft capital as opposed to losing them as FAs after 2018. I still feel that ultimately Mills would be best at Safety if given the opportunity.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darby for a #3 - DONE!
And, if Howie can move somebody else for a #2 - DONE!
Then we have every round covered, and we take the best LB available at #32 (unless we move up). If we get Vander Esch, or Rashaan Evans - I'm happy!

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear....I want Robinson back. He is the nickel back that worked. No need to experiment. And I think thats why they are staying close on what they can do to keep him.

All said...I just dont see it. I think the money will be out there for him....money we shouldnt be spending on such a piece right now....proven or not.

I saw something the other day about him going and fitting into Dallas and wanted to vomit.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear....I want Robinson back. He is the nickel back that worked. No need to experiment. And I think thats why they are staying close on what they can do to keep him.

All said...I just dont see it. I think the money will be out there for him....money we shouldnt be spending on such a piece right now....proven or not.

I saw something the other day about him going and fitting into Dallas and wanted to vomit.

Of course......after a moment of thinking....Howie would not make an offer at this point (im pretty sure) where we couldnt make the cap dynamics work. Deals like the Curry deal feel like they were during a time Howie was compromising the things he knows well to prove something.

Combine this with the possibility Robinson might not want to actually try the market if anything from the Eagles sounds good and there might be some smoke to this fire of the reports seen today.

That said....I do not see a done deal out there and his agent has been able to talk to other teams for an hour now. Interesting......

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports: Orlando Scandrick asks for release

Another name to keep in mind, in case the Robinson thing falls through and he goes elsewhere. Could be had for cheap coming off an injury year and plays the slot really well.

I was about to say "Oh, hell no". But then I remembered ....you are correct. He made his name brighter playing the slot and then went outside and turned to dog shit.

Perhaps he is an Agholor of the defensive side for a team next year.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles are trying to get it done today.

Why move everyone around back there and hope someone can play nickel? Robinson already can.

Let's you dangle Darby as a trade chip. Although I do like his speed back there and would like to see him after a whole training camp. But with Jones coming in there is no need for him. He helped win the SB. Trade him for a better pick than you lost and it's a double win.

Sometimes I feel like the Eagles are picking my brain while I sleep. I wake up and they are moving all the chips the way I would move them. It's great!

lmao... easy to say after the fact. You were the first one on the board trashing Wentz, and went on and on about wanting to get rid of Ertz because of how soft he was. If we made all the moves you wanted, this team wouldn't have made the playoffs. Don't hurt your back, beating on it so hard.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would love to keep robinson. I don't see any reason to change much at CB. Jones will push Mills. Darby should stay here. He played very well. These Cb's looked back, and got their hands on the ball a lot last year. I yelled at this team for the last 2 years about them never looking back. What a huge difference it was this year. I don't want to mess with this at all. Just add Jones and let them compete. Need to work at LB.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and he's gone...