• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keeper question

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've asked a similar question a while back and pretty much all thought my keepers should be Howard and CMac. We have to keep 2 and my other possible keeper would be TY Hilton. When I look at everybody's keepers I can pretty much figure out who I'll have a shot at in my mocks. 12 team, start 1QB, 2RB ,2WR, 2RB/WR/TE, 1D and 1K. I pick 6th and draft does not snake. Anyway (and I think this is how it will pan out) I have a shot at Hilton or McKinnon at 6. So long story short which 3 would you rather have out of Howard (duh), CMac, Hilton or McKinnon. I'm honestly thinking of keeping Howard and Hilton as I'm sure either CMac or McKinnon will be there fer me at 6.................

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough choice, but I've got CMC over McK, which WRs should be available?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've asked a similar question a while back and pretty much all thought my keepers should be Howard and CMac. We have to keep 2 and my other possible keeper would be TY Hilton. When I look at everybody's keepers I can pretty much figure out who I'll have a shot at in my mocks. 12 team, start 1QB, 2RB ,2WR, 2RB/WR/TE, 1D and 1K. I pick 6th and draft does not snake. Anyway (and I think this is how it will pan out) I have a shot at Hilton or McKinnon at 6. So long story short which 3 would you rather have out of Howard (duh), CMac, Hilton or McKinnon. I'm honestly thinking of keeping Howard and Hilton as I'm sure either CMac or McKinnon will be there fer me at 6.................

I'm probably the lowest on CMC. I'd still take him over TYH and JMK.

If standard scoring, Hilton becomes more attractive, imo. He has big games and bust games. The two RB's get a bump in PPR...but I don't trust either of them in the red zone.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably the lowest on CMC. I'd still take him over TYH and JMK.

If standard scoring, Hilton becomes more attractive, imo. He has big games and bust games. The two RB's get a bump in PPR...but I don't trust either of them in the red zone.
Scoring gives bonus fer length of TD...........and the bonuses are pretty game changing..............not quite like TREFF's crazy ass league but a 55 yard TD is worth 15 points.

EDIT: That's kinda why I thinking McKinnon and Hilton over CMac......

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough choice, but I've got CMC over McK, which WRs should be available?
If everything stays the way I think it will with keepers, ODB, Thomas, Adams, Hilton, Allen. Don't see any way one of ODB or Thomas fall to me.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If everything stays the way I think it will with keepers, ODB, Thomas, Adams, Hilton, Allen. Don't see any way one of ODB or Thomas fall to me.

Adams or Allen to go with Howard and CMC, seems good start

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where do the rookies fall in this? That is five good players...with Barkley for the sixth, you're pretty set, no?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do the rookies fall in this? That is five good players...with Barkley for the sixth, you're pretty set, no?
No way Barkley will fall in this league with visions of sugar plumbs (and long ass TD's) dancing in their teeny tiny heads.....best player IMO that has been falling to me at that spot is McKinnon.......would be the 6th pick of the 3rd round so decent value..............maybe Thomas falls but I have my doubts..........funny thing is Hilton COULD fall to me in the 4th as these are the same guise that let Gronk fall to me because of injury concerns.........and Hilton wasn't that great without Luck last year..............

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam,

I just drafted yesterday.

The best player available on my draft board was a WR for literally every single pick.

I selected Michael Thomas over Dalvin Cook in the 2nd because it is half point PPR and I was chasing value at RB for the rest of the draft. I don't regret making that decision, but had I realized guys like Chris Hogan and Robbie Anderson would be sitting there for me in rounds 7 and 8, I might have gone with Cook.

Keep McCaffery. If you can't get Hilton at 6, I bet you get somebody comparable.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now a guy switched keepers from Evans to Rodgers, so add another WR to the mix..............I might just go RB/RB if that's the way it pans out. I only have to start 2 WR anyway. Freaking preseason RB injuries really suck...........

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a few things have changed here. I still have some questions but now I traded Hilton (who has to be the most traded SOB in the league's history) fer a 5th rounder (3rd if you don't figure in keepers). That's actually good value in this league believe it or not. The 1st pick will be Barkley and the next 3 will be Thomas/Mixon/Gronk. Man, I think I'd better go RB or I'll be chasing all draft long again. Bummer, that means no King Josh fer me. No way he last's until the 5th...........but there is a real possibility that is where I take my first WR depending on which RB's are there fer me in the 4th. Have a feeling this team is gonna look like shit.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a few things have changed here. I still have some questions but now I traded Hilton (who has to be the most traded SOB in the league's history) fer a 5th rounder (3rd if you don't figure in keepers). That's actually good value in this league believe it or not. The 1st pick will be Barkley and the next 3 will be Thomas/Mixon/Gronk. Man, I think I'd better go RB or I'll be chasing all draft long again. Bummer, that means no King Josh fer me. No way he last's until the 5th...........but there is a real possibility that is where I take my first WR depending on which RB's are there fer me in the 4th. Have a feeling this team is gonna look like shit.

you traded Hilton for a draft pick that you are hoping to turn into Gordon?

why not wait until after the draft and just trade Hilton for Gordon?
Gordon owner would be stupid to turn that down

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you traded Hilton for a draft pick that you are hoping to turn into Gordon?

why not wait until after the draft and just trade Hilton for Gordon?
Gordon owner would be stupid to turn that down
Nope. We can only keep 2 players in this league and they count as yer 1st and 2nd. I traded Hilton to a guy that was gonna have to keep Crowell and Jefferey. I prolly wasn't getting Hilton back in the 4th so rather than get nothing fer him I offered him fer a 5th. I'm pretty sure I'm going RB in the 3rd. Yes, this shit is confusing as all hell. Wait until I start a thread on my other keeper league................lol. Gordon owner will be keeping LBell and DHopkins...........he's getting thrown back.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. We can only keep 2 players in this league and they count as yer 1st and 2nd. I traded Hilton to a guy that was gonna have to keep Crowell and Jefferey. I prolly wasn't getting Hilton back in the 4th so rather than get nothing fer him I offered him fer a 5th. I'm pretty sure I'm going RB in the 3rd. Yes, this shit is confusing as all hell. Wait until I start a thread on my other keeper league................lol. Gordon owner will be keeping LBell and DHopkins...........he's getting thrown back.
makes sense