• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keeper Help

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also torn at keeping JBJ

Currently I have these slotted: I have until March 10th

Odor
Lindor
EE
Sano
Teheran
Giolito
Knebel
deGrom

Here is your problem though.

You have to look at what you got, then consider what might be available in the redraft. With this keeper core, you have basically zero chance of contending this year or next.

With 12 teams and 8 keepers, that means 96 players a team most being kept. I am not keeping anybody who isn't either an elite prospect or a top 75 player, because you will be able to draft superior players if you let some of this dead weight go.

Don't keep guys just because they are on your roster, there is an opportunity cost to keeping each and every one. Like Milk said, Lindor and DeGrom are the only definites. Everyone else is either not keepable (Teheran) or at the very least inferior to players likely to be dropped by the better teams. Even EE probably shouldn't be kept.

I think there is a legit case to be made for keeping just those two and starting over. I doubt anybody else would keep so few, so you would literally have the pick of the litter during the early rounds of the draft. While DeGrom is a must, I would also encourage trading him post draft. You have a long ways to go with this roster and a total rebuild is the only path to making this a contender. That will take time and patience.

I wouldn't necessarily advise drafting all prospects, but draft the best available player and then trade the vets for younger upside players post draft. There just isn't much to work with on this roster at the moment. Lindor is the only player highly likely to be a top contributor 3 years from now when the rebuild is complete.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have to look at what you got, then consider what might be available in the redraft. With this keeper core, you have basically zero chance of contending this year or next.

With 12 teams and 8 keepers, that means 96 players a team most being kept. I am not keeping anybody who isn't either an elite prospect or a top 75 player, because you will be able to draft superior players if you let some of this dead weight go.

Don't keep guys just because they are on your roster, there is an opportunity cost to keeping each and every one. Like Milk said, Lindor and DeGrom are the only definites. Everyone else is either not keepable (Teheran) or at the very least inferior to players likely to be dropped by the better teams. Even EE probably shouldn't be kept.

I think there is a legit case to be made for keeping just those two and starting over. I doubt anybody else would keep so few, so you would literally have the pick of the litter during the early rounds of the draft. While DeGrom is a must, I would also encourage trading him post draft. You have a long ways to go with this roster and a total rebuild is the only path to making this a contender. That will take time and patience.

I wouldn't necessarily advise drafting all prospects, but draft the best available player and then trade the vets for younger upside players post draft. There just isn't much to work with on this roster at the moment. Lindor is the only player highly likely to be a top contributor 3 years from now when the rebuild is complete.

I did trade EE for Draft picks (round 11 and 21) so he is gone. I got Buxton in the trade as well so I have to keep him... So Buxton,Lindor,DeGrom

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did trade EE for Draft picks (round 11 and 21) so he is gone. I got Buxton in the trade as well so I have to keep him... So Buxton,Lindor,DeGrom

Nice!

That is a good return and Buxton is a solid keeper for you.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice!

That is a good return and Buxton is a solid keeper for you.

yeah. and if I only keep those players I'd get more picks since the 1st (8) rounds are for keepers only... Unless you don't keep all 8 or however many you keep

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the only thing i disagree about your post is the need for veterans... veterans are important for a rebuilding team... at least the right ones are... you gotta think about trades, and who your most likely trade partners will be... you are not trading potential for potential... as the teams looking for potential are not the ones that will trade for potential...

usually if you are rebuilding, and looking for potential trading veterans who are proven are the best way to do that...

the other thing, you never know how long a fantasy league will last... you dont want to be always a rebuild team... veterans will give you the better chance of competing as soon as you find a diamond in one of your young studs...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Sano keeper worthy? I mean Arenado is out there... Granted no guarantee I would get him.. Plus we don't know what will actually happen legally and league wise with Sano.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arenado is out where?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arenado
JD Martinez
Dozier
Benetendi
Price

Among the players who were on the 2 teams that were contracted so they are out there...

Does that change anyone's perspectives on who I should keep

CURRENT KEEPERS:

JBJ
Buxton (have to just traded for him)
Odor - I think I can easily replace him
Lindor - Obvious Keeper
Sano - Who knows - Legally and league wise
Giolito
Knebel
deGrom - Yep, he's a keeper

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arenado
JD Martinez
Dozier
Benetendi
Price

Among the players who were on the 2 teams that were contracted so they are out there...

Does that change anyone's perspectives on who I should keep

CURRENT KEEPERS:

JBJ
Buxton (have to just traded for him)
Odor - I think I can easily replace him
Lindor - Obvious Keeper
Sano - Who knows - Legally and league wise
Giolito
Knebel
deGrom - Yep, he's a keeper

I would try to get the first pick.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would try to get the first pick.

First picks (1-8) are for keepers..... SO if I don't keep 8 or keep fewer I would get more picks possibly

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is high on Ohtani - Me, Not so much

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First picks (1-8) are for keepers..... SO if I don't keep 8 or keep fewer I would get more picks possibly

Yes. I'm saying I'd do as much as possible to be able to draft Arenado. If that means keeping nobody, so be it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I'm saying I'd do as much as possible to be able to draft Arenado. If that means keeping nobody, so be it.

I'd still need to be able to fill a roster... It would be great to have him but not risk having no one else... Besides a lot of players will also be kept

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still need to be able to fill a roster... It would be great to have him but not risk having no one else... Besides a lot of players will also be kept

Risk having nobody else? Not following...didn't you say first dibs go to the less than eight keepers? If everyone keeps at least three, wouldn't you get the first three picks overall?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Risk having nobody else? Not following...didn't you say first dibs go to the less than eight keepers? If everyone keeps at least three, wouldn't you get the first three picks overall?

The picks are randomly selected... I would think if people only kept 3 people... My pick would be "4" but if someone else only keeps 3 I might not get the 4th pick, etc

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if everyone kept 8 my first pick would be round 9, 10th pick in said round

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The picks are randomly selected... I would think if people only kept 3 people... My pick would be "4" but if someone else only keeps 3 I might not get the 4th pick, etc

Ya lost me. So if everyone but you keeps at least three, you don't get the first three picks, if you kept nobody? I don't get it.