• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keep your eyes open on the up coming expansion vote...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As presented, you have argued the PAC 12 has an advantage over the Big 12 because it has a major television deal.

As I have argued, it would be a stretch to refer to the PAC 12 Network as a major television deal. The Pac 12 Network is falling further behind the other conference networks as a result of its structure.

The Pac 12 is not attractive to any other party because of its Network. In fact, there have been more than just Zona and ASU looking at other options as the revenue disparity is looking more unfavorable in the near future.

The Big 12 is fine. If it doesn't expand, the conference will be sitting in great position for its next contract. Texas and OU are in great situations. Their movement to any other conference would only make their path to the playoffs exponentially more difficult.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not arguing anything....you decided to throw in what deal does the Pac12 have in place...I made a statement that if the Big12 chooses not to expand it will be the first signal and a significant one that OU will be clearly looking to weigh their options of going elsewhere...and if so that is tthey do, that IS the end of the Big12...which would only make sense that we would then see the development of 4 Super Conferences..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You stated... 'Which one does not have a major television deal' as a premise to support your opinion that 4 Super Conferences are on the horizon. And, this is the end my friend... of the Big 12.

Go Home. You're drunk...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You stated... 'Which one does not have a major television deal' as a premise to support your opinion that 4 Super Conferences are on the horizon. And, this is the end my friend... of the Big 12.

Go Home. You're drunk...

Your getting worse than DAD picking and choosing what to read and twist...Go back to how I started the thread

his upcoming expansion vote may actually turn out to be an earthquake and just not the question of adding teams..

I used current television deals already in place with other conferences as a stable model already in place and able to grow versus what the Big12 has.. .If there was that type of certainty going forward and adding teams would only benefit everyone they would not be hitting the breaks right now...it is a CLEAR sign there are unhappy campers at the campfire...and it appears the ones that have the biggest stake in the game.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your getting worse than DAD picking and choosing what to read and twist...Go back to how I started the thread

his upcoming expansion vote may actually turn out to be an earthquake and just not the question of adding teams..

I used current television deals already in place with other conferences as a stable model already in place and able to grow versus what the Big12 has.. .If there was that type of certainty going forward and adding teams would only benefit everyone they would not be hitting the breaks right now...it is a CLEAR sign there are unhappy campers at the campfire...and it appears the ones that have the biggest stake in the game.

But, the PAC 12 is not stable. You've totally missed the point.

Should the PAC-12 Wade Back into the Waters of Conference Realignment?

former Husky head coach Rick Neuheisel opened the possibility that it might make sense for some current PAC members to look towards competitive conferences. He suggested that Cal and UCLA, in particular, might be targets that could have an interest in making a change.

He could be right. His logic, presumably, is that each of those two schools is in the position of being "little brother" in a major television market that would be of strong interest to other conferences. This was the exact rationale that led to Texas A&M moving out of the Big 12 and into the SEC.

In addition to those two schools, I would think that schools such as Arizona State, Colorado, or Arizona could garner attention. In fact, you might be inclined to believe that Bill Snyder was talking about Colorado when he said that he was aware of two former Big 12 members who "want to come back." Each of them is associated with quality media markets and fertile recruiting grounds that would be attractive to the Big Ten or Big 12.