• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keep losing, keep throwing

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hopes for next season are being momentarily shattered.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with the loss, higher the pick the better. Trubisky showing modest growth. I expect his "growing" will happen exponentially, he's just at the bottom end of the slope at the moment due to how raw he was coming out of college. He will be fine.

Last 2 games for Jordan Howard against one of the best teams in the NFL and one of the worst teams in the NFL:

20 carries 44 yards

Yeah (rolls eyes). He's our mvp alright. lol. Idiots will never get it.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG!?!! 2 bad games in a row!!?? He obviously sucks and they should kill him.

You're a fucking idiot.

And Trubisky will be fine. Our offensive playcalling is gross, and our receivers are grosser. Our best receiver has been on the team for a couple of weeks, and he is a 3 at best. He have zero playmakers at the position.

Where the fuck was Shaheen today? Did he even play? I think I saw his number once. It is absurd to have Daniel Brown or Sims playing in front of him, IMO, particularly in the redzone.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with the loss, higher the pick the better. Trubisky showing modest growth. I expect his "growing" will happen exponentially, he's just at the bottom end of the slope at the moment due to how raw he was coming out of college. He will be fine.

Last 2 games for Jordan Howard against one of the best teams in the NFL and one of the worst teams in the NFL:

20 carries 44 yards

Yeah (rolls eyes). He's our mvp alright. lol. Idiots will never get it.

Jordan Howard breaks Chicago Bears rushing mark set by Matt Forte

Using anecdotal evidence and hand-picking two games is really a sweet tactic though. Keep doing it. It makes it so much easier to point out your idiotic logic.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG!?!! 2 bad games in a row!!?? He obviously sucks and they should kill him.

You're a fucking idiot.

And Trubisky will be fine. Our offensive playcalling is gross, and our receivers are grosser. Our best receiver has been on the team for a couple of weeks, and he is a 3 at best. He have zero playmakers at the position.

Where the fuck was Shaheen today? Did he even play? I think I saw his number once. It is absurd to have Daniel Brown or Sims playing in front of him, IMO, particularly in the redzone.

The Shaheen thing did piss me off. I'll admit that. Not sure if he's missing blocking assignments or what...

I agree that Trubisky CAN be fine. Will he be? I don't know. I hope so. Really like the kid.

Our best receiver has been on the team for a couple of weeks, and he is a 3 at best.

This is kind of my point with the play-calling. You admit that we have nothing resembling a supporting cast on the outside, yet you don't get why we don't try to throw the ball downfield more?

We have a QB with a CMP% of 40% on passes over 10 yards. We have no WR's who we can rely on. Our starting TE nearly had his leg amputated a few weeks back. The only two guys we've been able to rely on with any semblance of consistency, is our two RB's. Yet, we have to sit here and wonder why we run the ball so much...? And wonder why we try to run screen plays to them?

I'm not sure how this logic adds up, that's all.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Shaheen thing did piss me off. I'll admit that. Not sure if he's missing blocking assignments or what...

I agree that Trubisky CAN be fine. Will he be? I don't know. I hope so. Really like the kid.

Our best receiver has been on the team for a couple of weeks, and he is a 3 at best.

This is kind of my point with the play-calling. You admit that we have nothing resembling a supporting cast on the outside, yet you don't get why we don't try to throw the ball downfield more?

We have a QB with a CMP% of 40% on passes over 10 yards. We have no WR's who we can rely on. Our starting TE nearly had his leg amputated a few weeks back. The only two guys we've been able to rely on with any semblance of consistency, is our two RB's. Yet, we have to sit here and wonder why we run the ball so much...? And wonder why we try to run screen plays to them?

I'm not sure how this logic adds up, that's all.

I said nothing about throwing it downfield more, but the playcalling is generic af, you have to see that? 1st down, run off right guard for a yard, 2nd down, run off left guard for a yard, 3rd and 8 throw.

The playcalling shows zero urgency until the last drive of the game.

This whole, Trubs isn't ready shit, is bullshit hindsight based off of two poor performances BY THE WHOLE TEAM. Nobody was claiming he wasn't ready 5 week ago er whatever when Napolean Dynamite was stinking up the joint. Nobody in here thinks John Fox is worth his weight in shit, but suddenly his original thoughts on Trubs redshirting hold credence and value?

Trubs is not tearing it up, because our receivers are shit, and he has little trust in them. Our o-line play has gone downhill for whatever reason, even struggling in run-blocking suddenly, and our playcalling seems almost as if they WANT to go three and out....like they are just trying to get the season to end. Which is somewhat understandable, since their season is already over.

I still like what I see from Trubs. At worst, he bails out of the pocket too much and relies on his legs, but in doing so, cuts the field in half and limits his options. That is due to a lack of trust of his receivers, and that is due to the fact that they are terrible route-runners that get zero separation from their defenders. He needs to learn to step into the pocket more, and not worry quite so much about protecting the ball. Gotta have faith in his teammates, even if they don't inspire such.

I think the kids will be fine, but not under Fox's tutelage. He will destroy him.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said nothing about throwing it downfield more, but the playcalling is generic af, you have to see that? 1st down, run off right guard for a yard, 2nd down, run off left guard for a yard, 3rd and 8 throw.

The playcalling shows zero urgency until the last drive of the game.

This whole, Trubs isn't ready shit, is bullshit hindsight based off of two poor performances BY THE WHOLE TEAM. Nobody was claiming he wasn't ready 5 week ago er whatever when Napolean Dynamite was stinking up the joint. Nobody in here thinks John Fox is worth his weight in shit, but suddenly his original thoughts on Trubs redshirting hold credence and value?

Trubs is not tearing it up, because our receivers are shit, and he has little trust in them. Our o-line play has gone downhill for whatever reason, even struggling in run-blocking suddenly, and our playcalling seems almost as if they WANT to go three and out....like they are just trying to get the season to end. Which is somewhat understandable, since their season is already over.

I still like what I see from Trubs. At worst, he bails out of the pocket too much and relies on his legs, but in doing so, cuts the field in half and limits his options. That is due to a lack of trust of his receivers, and that is due to the fact that they are terrible route-runners that get zero separation from their defenders. He needs to learn to step into the pocket more, and not worry quite so much about protecting the ball. Gotta have faith in his teammates, even if they don't inspire such.

I think the kids will be fine, but not under Fox's tutelage. He will destroy him.

This whole, Trubs isn't ready shit, is bullshit hindsight based off of two poor performances BY THE WHOLE TEAM.

No, it's based off of 8 performances. With which he has displayed technical flaws, and failed to improve upon them.

Oh, and Trubisky is a part of that sputtering offense. Not particularly in the game yesterday, was he to blame. However, the Philly game, he was absolutely a nightmare. Start to finish. His line, WR's, coaching... etc... Has nothing to do with him rocket balling a pass 8 feet over an open receivers head.

Nobody in here thinks John Fox is worth his weight in shit, but suddenly his original thoughts on Trubs redshirting hold credence and value?

Huh?

It was league consensus that Trubisky, due to his lack of experience. Was a candidate to sit year #1. Regardless of Glennon being so bad, that we had no choice but to insert Trubisky. The kid still would have been better off sitting for a year.

Trubs is not tearing it up, because our receivers are shit, and he has little trust in them. Our o-line play has gone downhill for whatever reason, even struggling in run-blocking suddenly, and our playcalling seems almost as if they WANT to go three and out...

So, basically... EVERYTHING sucks, we don't have receivers who can get open. We can't block. But... but... WHY is the play calling vanilla!? Lol, what? Of course the play calling is vanilla. We don't have a passing game.

We passed 5 times on first down yesterday, to 5 runs

I have also said that the play calling is vanilla. However, I don't see the other options. Air it out to our nobody WR's? We're running play action, we're running Trub out of the gun, we're moving the pocket, we're rolling him out, we're using misdirection on screens... I don't get what you think this offense should be. We have no plus-personnel outside of our RB's, and a young/rookie QB with some obvious flaws who has a 40% CMP on passes over 10 yards.

Also, a multitude of times yesterday. The play call was NOT a short/underneath pass, or a throw into the flats. But Trubisky hesitated at his receivers running some deeper routes (Wright in particular twice was open) and he checked down. Loggains did try to open it up a couple of times.

I still like what I see from Trubs.

I like a good chunk of what I see too. This is what I am talking about with this fan-base's propensity to protect Trub from even the slightest criticism.

This isn't me giving up on him, in the least. I couldn't have been more clear. Yet, look how you reacted to just some slight critiquing man.

This is merely me saying, he's played half of an NFL season now. It's time to see some growth. He DOES bare some responsibility for the offensive struggles as well, it's not the end of the world. It's just being honest about where he's at. It doesn't mean I don't think he can pan out. Hell, he could be a hall of fame QB still. There just comes a time where you have to be honest.

He has a ways to go. That's all. No one's saying he can't get there.

It would be very dishonest, to pretend like Trub is doing everything right and that it's simply everybody else's fault that he misses open receivers, struggles with pocket awareness/presence... etc...

Now, there's a quarter of the season left. Plenty of time for him to turn a corner. I'm looking forward to watching him.

He'll almost certainly wind-up with better numbers than 2016 Goff, and could easily wind up with similar numbers to 2016 Wentz.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching idiots try to analyze games is hilarious. Both of you clowns have absolutely no clue.

Our o-line play has gone downhill for whatever reason, even struggling in run-blocking suddenly

Exactly. When our oline opens up massive holes Jordan Howard runs through them and everyone except for me in here thinks he's the next Walter Payton. Anything but stellar offensive line play results in Jordan Howard averaging 2ypc. The guy is overrated beyond belief in here by the homers.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching idiots try to analyze games is hilarious. Both of you clowns have absolutely no clue.

Our o-line play has gone downhill for whatever reason, even struggling in run-blocking suddenly

Exactly. When our oline opens up massive holes Jordan Howard runs through them and everyone except for me in here thinks he's the next Walter Payton. Anything but stellar offensive line play results in Jordan Howard averaging 2ypc. The guy is overrated beyond belief in here by the homers.

Remember when you said that about the Pittsburgh game, and then I pulled up the stats about Howard's insane yards after contact in that game, along with his broken and forced missed tackles?

You had nothing to say, did you?

Lol... Good times.

Did you think Ezekiel Elliot had a good rookie season, by any chance?

Howard had more yards after contact than he did. You're hilarious, BS. It's so easy with you.

Jordan Howard had most yards after contact among rookies in 2016

Last edited:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, another "lol" post from the clown himself.