• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KCP

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you guys see him ending up next year?

It's difficult to picture any of the teams with significant cap room cutting him a big check, but at the same time Caldwell-Pope is too good a player not to get paid one way or another. The type of player that's good at everything but not great at anything.

Say what you want about their long-term outlooks, but the trio of KCP, Randle, and Isaiah Thomas have played no small role in the Lakers recent surge as they approach close to .500.

Assuming the Lakers are able to in fact land Paul George (Given OKC's questionable bench and payroll situation they have to be considered the favorite for George), I like San Antonio as a destination for Pope, ironically the team he just beat the other night with an 18-point, 13-rebound performance.

He's better than Danny Green right now, and he's certainly younger with more upside. He's just the type of bit/role player that Pop could look to unlock something out of in the coming years before he retires, in my opinion as the greatest coach of all-time.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he takes whomever can pay him the most money. It really depends on where his head is at in terms of what direction he wants to take his career. San Antonio would provide an interesting option as I'm not sure of what their cap situation looks like and Kawhi may be on his way out. He could stay with the Lakers, or he could go to a rebuilding team and capitalize off their respective cap situations.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you guys see him ending up next year?

It's difficult to picture any of the teams with significant cap room cutting him a big check, but at the same time Caldwell-Pope is too good a player not to get paid one way or another. The type of player that's good at everything but not great at anything.

Say what you want about their long-term outlooks, but the trio of KCP, Randle, and Isaiah Thomas have played no small role in the Lakers recent surge as they approach close to .500.

Assuming the Lakers are able to in fact land Paul George (Given OKC's questionable bench and payroll situation they have to be considered the favorite for George), I like San Antonio as a destination for Pope, ironically the team he just beat the other night with an 18-point, 13-rebound performance.

He's better than Danny Green right now, and he's certainly younger with more upside. He's just the type of bit/role player that Pop could look to unlock something out of in the coming years before he retires, in my opinion as the greatest coach of all-time.

I agree 100% with San Antonio being a great landing spot for him. Pop would likely get more out of him than just about any other coach in the league.

Agree with Heatles that he probably goes to the highest bidder. But if he's smart and wants a shot a title, taking a little less to go to the Spurs may be the smart move.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if he's smart and wants a shot a title, taking a little less to go to the Spurs may be the smart move.

Dude just turned 25, the last thing he's thinking about is a title. He is chasing the money

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he goes to a team and becomes one of the better 6th men in the league.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude just turned 25, the last thing he's thinking about is a title. He is chasing the money

You may be right about him chasing the money. I'm pretty sure that's why he signed the 1 year deal with the Lakers (it sure wasn't to chase a ring lol).

But some guys are choosing to go after rings sooner than they used to.

San Antonio would be a great spot for him. But if he's not thinking about titles right now, then you're probably right that he chases the money.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit cut him loose because they didn't want to pay him and no team bothered to offer him a big long term deal in RFA last summer because he's nothing more than an average player. He's definitely gonna take a long term deal to any team that gives him even a whiff of cash.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit cut him loose because they didn't want to pay him and no team bothered to offer him a big long term deal in RFA last summer because he's nothing more than an average player.

Yep which is why I didn't understand the big SportsHoopla surrounding him. I said it last year before he was signed, I would have a hard time offering more than 12-13 mil yearly.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep which is why I didn't understand the big SportsHoopla surrounding him. I said it last year before he was signed, I would have a hard time offering more than 12-13 mil yearly.

So, say the Spurs offer him $12-13 mil, but Orlando offers him $15 mil...which do you think he takes?

Or do you think someone will panic and offer him even more than $15 mil?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, say the Spurs offer him $12-13 mil, but Orlando offers him $15 mil...which do you think he takes?

Or do you think someone will panic and offer him even more than $15 mil?

Spurs because that is a small difference. Now if Orlando offered him 19 or 20 mil then that's different

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs because that is a small difference. Now if Orlando offered him 19 or 20 mil then that's different

Agree. He's played fairly well for the Lakers of late. But I don't think he's played well enough to earn more than $12-15 mil and $15 is probably stretching it a bit.

But teams make panic moves pretty much every year. After the Short Buss years, Lakers fans know this all too well. :L

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. He's played fairly well for the Lakers of late. But I don't think he's played well enough to earn more than $12-15 mil and $15 is probably stretching it a bit.

But teams make panic moves pretty much every year. After the Short Buss years, Lakers fans know this all too well. :L
The Pistons are so desperate for shooting they will probably bring him back for twice what they could have just kept him

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pistons are so desperate for shooting they will probably bring him back for twice what they could have just kept him

You never know, they did trade away his replacement on the roster (Bradley).

I agree with wildturkey though, he's basically a league average SG. He'll play some hustle defense and shot a passable percentage, but he's nothing all that special. I've enjoyed his effort with the Lakers, but he's not going to be part of their future.

He signed with the Lakers because they offered the most. He'll likely do the same elsewhere this summer.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never know, they did trade away his replacement on the roster (Bradley).

I agree with wildturkey though, he's basically a league average SG. He'll play some hustle defense and shot a passable percentage, but he's nothing all that special. I've enjoyed his effort with the Lakers, but he's not going to be part of their future.

He signed with the Lakers because they offered the most. He'll likely do the same elsewhere this summer.

Agree. I've enjoyed watching him. Like his hustle. He's a nice piece to have if your team already has a couple of star level players.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Danny Green were to opt out and San Antonio is able to offer him $12 million a year, he'd be foolish to turn it down because frankly, I don't see anyone offering him anywhere near the max.