• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

kayak fishing

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone here a kayak fisherman? I bought a regular kayak last summer and plan on adding some rod holders and whatnot so I can take the rod out on the creeks this summer.

Anyone have any experience? Any necessary equipment I should pick up that will make it all easier?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone here a kayak fisherman? I bought a regular kayak last summer and plan on adding some rod holders and whatnot so I can take the rod out on the creeks this summer.

Anyone have any experience? Any necessary equipment I should pick up that will make it all easier?
I bought a Kayak when they were just gaining in popularity and they didn't have fishing ones back then so I had to retro-fit my own. One thing you already mentioned -- rod holders. The other that's helpful is a boat tie down so you can get a small anchor to use (assuming you do lake fishing and not river fishing). And bungie straps are really helpful for tackle boxes and such. The one thing I wish I had on mine was the foot pedals you can use to move/change direction without using a paddle.

This isn't my boat pictured, but it's this exact boat (except mine has a dry hatch in the back):
Necky Gannet
39328233_614.jpg