• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't be a laker, uncle dennis doesn't want his cash cow playing 2nd fiddle to LeBron. Michael C. Wright said as much.

He'd be playing in Lebron's shadow more as a Clipper than as a Laker. As a Laker, he would be a teammate rubbing shoulders with Lebron. As a Clipper, he's the leader of the AAA team in town.

Settling for the Clippers is worse than wanting the Yankees and settling for the Mets (sorry Mecca....)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At The Buzzer says that the rumors are coming from "off shore". ESPN can't get confirmation that anyone has even started talking. Dezoran has removed all of his pictures from Twitter. Sounds like everything else........No news is bad for TV and radio, rumors give the talking heads something to discuss to death.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be playing in Lebron's shadow more as a Clipper than as a Laker. As a Laker, he would be a teammate rubbing shoulders with Lebron. As a Clipper, he's the leader of the AAA team in town.

Settling for the Clippers is worse than wanting the Yankees and settling for the Mets (sorry Mecca....)

That's your opinion as a Laker fan, shoot might even be correct. But Kawhi's uncle is starting his own agency and wants to strong arm shoe companies for more money. Being Lebron's side kick isn't his ideal situation, in the eyes of Uncle Dennis.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot sell sneakers if you are a functional mute.

I dont have any problems with people that suffer from severe medical introverted psychological behavior.

Shyness is not a bad thing. Plenty of people can function sucessfully in life while being shy.

But, you cannot be a big product spokesperson if you are unable to speak.

Kawhi is getting horrible advice from the worst types of hanger-ons.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your opinion as a Laker fan, shoot might even be correct. But Kawhi's uncle is starting his own agency and wants to strong arm shoe companies for more money. Being Lebron's side kick isn't his ideal situation, in the eyes of Uncle Dennis.
That's fine with Lakers fans really because Now that the Lakers do have LeBron -it's just the matter of time until they do find the right players that can help the team to win titles. If your name is Kawhi Leonard and you want to win a title - then your best option is the Lakers because the Warriors do not need or want you. Good luck with that to Uncle Dennis - Not sure if the dude is being truly objective - but that's not my problem

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine with Lakers fans really because Now that the Lakers do have LeBron -it's just the matter of time until they do find the right players that can help the team to win titles. If your name is Kawhi Leonard and you want to win a title - then your best option is the Lakers because the Warriors do not need or want you. Good luck with that to Uncle Dennis - Not sure if the dude is being truly objective - but that's not my problem

Awe man, you think Lebron is in LA to win? He's there to make movies, and to raise his kids in Brentwood. Why do you think he didn't hold the lakers feet to the fire and demand they surround him with talent before signing? He doesn't care about winning anymore, he's handed the league over to the Warriors. I'm also not sure Kawhi cares if he lands on a winner right now, its more about the shoe deal and being a star.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awe man, you think Lebron is in LA to win? He's there to make movies, and to raise his kids in Brentwood. Why do you think he didn't hold the lakers feet to the fire and demand they surround him with talent before signing? He doesn't care about winning anymore, he's handed the league over to the Warriors. I'm also not sure Kawhi cares if he lands on a winner right now, its more about the shoe deal and being a star.
In order to do all of that stuff - true enough - He needs Los Angeles Lakers - but he also needs to remain the 2nd best in the NBA - which I believe he will - Now If the Spurs refuses to trade him and he decides to go elsewhere - I say good bye and good luck - there will be others that will want to sign with the Lakers.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot sell sneakers if you are a functional mute.

I dont have any problems with people that suffer from severe medical introverted psychological behavior.

Shyness is not a bad thing. Plenty of people can function sucessfully in life while being shy.

But, you cannot be a big product spokesperson if you are unable to speak.

Kawhi is getting horrible advice from the worst types of hanger-ons.

To sell the shoes Leonard needs to do things

Play of the Lakers

Still be the second best in the NBA and remain worthy of the Lakers

I think he can do both - but I think he needs the Lakers more than the Lakers need him

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Clippers is not going to get Leonard- I think people have misunderstood what Leonard said - Leonard no longer is willing to go to the Clippers because as a player - he would be the little sister to LeBron and would be eclipsed by LeBron. Besides that The Clipper are going to have to do some serious tanking for a few years

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not opinion, it's fact. During the past 5 years, the Lakers had the worst stretch in their history while the Clippers were having the best run of success in theirs.

No one was talking about the Clippers. Everyone wanted to talk about what was wrong with the Lakers and how to fix it. Virtually nothing about the Clippers.

The sportstalk radio station that I listen to the most had one of their shows declare a "no Lakers talk day". It lasted about 10 minutes.

It's the station that broadcasts Clippers games.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tenor.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are deluding yourself if you think this is true.

Yes, he wants to be in LA for reasons that extend beyond basketball. But he wouldn't be there if he didn't think the Lakers would be contenders eventually.

The rep he has gotten for "holding the franchise to the fire" to surround him with more talent is a bit unfair. Yes, he did that to Gilbert. And it was 100% necessary. If he had signed a 4 year deal there, they would not have won a title.

LeBron trusts Magic, he wants stability for his family and he knows they probably weren't beating GS this year anyway. So he is okay taking the long view.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are deluding yourself if you think this is true.

Yes, he wants to be in LA for reasons that extend beyond basketball. But he wouldn't be there if he didn't think the Lakers would be contenders eventually.

thats my view too. I think he can get both. some movies and have fun trying to win a title. i get it. i really think Lebron will be good for Kuzma and Ingram

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree.

Sure, the Lakers are the more popular franchise in LA. If he's on the Lakers, he's referred to as Lebron's side kick.

If he goes to the Clippers, and he has them performing better than the Lakers, then he's not really in Lebron's shadow.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order to do all of that stuff - true enough - He needs Los Angeles Lakers - but he also needs to remain the 2nd best in the NBA - which I believe he will - Now If the Spurs refuses to trade him and he decides to go elsewhere - I say good bye and good luck - there will be others that will want to sign with the Lakers.

No he doesn't.

Kawhi's already a star in this league and he plays for one of the most desolate markets in the NBA. Him going to Los Angeles or Milwaukee wouldn't change anything in terms of that.

If you're asking for him to be a star off the court, then the same situation applies. The market he's in doesn't determine that, it's his personality, which him being an introvert has already been discussed.

There are plenty of stars in the league, some of which play in small markets like Westbrook, George, Giannis, DeRozan, etc....

Reactions: DJ