• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi to Toronto

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

But, that includes the part where he allegedly wants to be Laker.

You didn't hear him say it.

However, some Lakers fans are quoting it as gospel.

So, what's the difference?

To be fair, that's probably because most of the media is quoting it as gospel.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I dont know if anyone has said this already, I didn't feel like reading 29 pages to find out, but the Raptors will trade Kwahi before the season is over. Kuzman, Ingram and pope will be Raptors at the trade deadline.

Doubtful. At this point, I don't see the Lakers trading for Kawhi unless they they feel they have a shot at the finals if they get him.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That press conference was basically Masai defending trading for a top 5 player because an inferior player felt hard done by :L

The media here is dumb as all fuck.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Camp" doesn't mean direct from Kawhi.
When it's a situation such as this - Kawhi doesn't speak - that is exactly what "camp" means. They are his representation. It's akin to a person having legal representation when facing prosecution.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I dont know if anyone has said this already, I didn't feel like reading 29 pages to find out, but the Raptors will trade Kwahi before the season is over. Kuzman, Ingram and pope will be Raptors at the trade deadline.
lol if they were going to trade Ingram for Kawhi they could've done that deal with the Spurs. Would make no sense to do it now with Tor.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As they were constituted before this trade, it's hard not to reach the conclusion that Toronto was at a dead end.
And Portland is in the same exact situation. They are going to have to make a similar decision to invoke change with their team - a change that will make a difference.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they were going to trade Ingram for Kawhi they could've done that deal with the Spurs.
what makes you think the Spurs would have accepted an Ingram deal over a DeRozan deal? I think the exact opposite has been laid out to be true. That they wanted a proven All Star 20+ point a game scorer instead of a prospect.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what makes you think the Spurs would have accepted an Ingram deal over a DeRozan deal? .

Honestly I think it had more to do with them not wanting to deal him to a team in the same conference, let alone that team being the Lakers. On the other hand, the Lakers can't afford to trade the farm - all but LBJ - just to get Kawhi because that doesn't put them in a position to win. They will still need to surround them with decent role players, of which LA currently has. I don't think LA wants to part ways with Ingram period.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, that's probably because most of the media is quoting it as gospel.
They are quoting all of it as gospel.

So, how do we arbitrarily decide what part is fact and what part is fiction if the standard is " did we hear Kawhi say it "?

Deaf, mutes don't usually speak.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on whether or not his free agency position has been better defined. If it has (in the Lakers favor), they wouldn't even bother with an offer unless it dumped Deng's contract OR they felt it could put them over the top for a finals berth.
Probably right.

They'd have to do some cap gymnastics for sure.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Camp" doesn't mean direct from Kawhi. That's just agent-speak at best.
But, " Camp " is also the source for Kawhi wants to play for the Lakers.

So, take that with a grain of salt too?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston has to be in the discussion to repeat as best defense in the NBA... the C's play at a more deliberate pace, too, which gives them an added edge here.
I think OKC could be pretty good defensively too.

Offensively?

That's up for debate with the Thunder, not the Celtics.

Barring injury, Celtics gotta still be the favorites in the East.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, " Camp " is also the source for Kawhi wants to play for the Lakers.

So, take that with a grain of salt too?
what it comes down to-

we really have no clue.

None of us truly had any clue where even LeBron was going up until very shortly before he announced. We had no clue where George was going. No clue CP3 could/would get to the Rockets. and on and on and on.

We have no clue what will happen. Maybe Jimmy Butler ruptures his ACL and Kawhi and Kyrie want to team up in Brooklyn. Maybe he LOVES Toronto and wants to stay there. Maybe he has already had secret conversations with the Lakers and is a shoe-in to go there. Maybe the Raptors will reecoup some assets and trade him to the CLippers for Harris and SGA at the deadline. Maybe the Wiz will make a move and trade a first rounder and Otto Porter Jr. for Kawhi. Maybe the Bricks will offer Knox and an expiring to get him and he will want ot stay and be the King of NY with Kristaps.

We have no clue.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Offensively?

I think the Celtics should be the favorites to win it all. But I'm also being overly homeristic right now.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It actually makes sense. The Raptors weren't getting by the Celtics, and to a lesser degree, the 76ers. Now they have a chance. If Kawhi walks next offseason, they can start a rebuild with the young pieces they have and DeRozan's contract off the books. It was actually a brilliant move when you think about it.
Exactly.

Two prong solution.

Chance to get better by getting a top 5 player.

Or

They blow it up by getting that long-term albatross of a contract off the books.

Even if they don't win, they don't lose.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what it comes down to-

we really have no clue.

None of us truly had any clue where even LeBron was going up until very shortly before he announced. We had no clue where George was going. No clue CP3 could/would get to the Rockets. and on and on and on.

We have no clue what will happen. Maybe Jimmy Butler ruptures his ACL and Kawhi and Kyrie want to team up in Brooklyn. Maybe he LOVES Toronto and wants to stay there. Maybe he has already had secret conversations with the Lakers and is a shoe-in to go there. Maybe the Raptors will reecoup some assets and trade him to the CLippers for Harris and SGA at the deadline. Maybe the Wiz will make a move and trade a first rounder and Otto Porter Jr. for Kawhi. Maybe the Bricks will offer Knox and an expiring to get him and he will want ot stay and be the King of NY with Kristaps.

We have no clue.
Agree and that's my point.

You can't be dismissive about the things that don't favor your team, while swallowing the pro-Lakers stuff hook, line and sinker.

It's all media hyperbole until it comes directly from him or he signs someplace long-term.

Ps. That deal you just suggested is exactly why I Lmao at the Raptors accepting Hart, who is a good player, and a bag of Shit sandwiches.

For starters, there is this thing called the salary cap, for goodness sakes.

But, more importantly...

SGA is Canadian.

Tobias is good. But, if they didn't want to pay him, he's off the books this Summer

Unless Josh goes Donovan Mitchell this Summer...

SGA > Hart

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

Two prong solution.

Chance to get better by getting a top 5 player.

Or

They blow it up by getting that long-term albatross of a contract off the books.

Even if they don't win, they don't lose.
Derozan's contract is expensive, but i dont think its expensive as it looks. For example, if the Lakers strike out on say Kawhi and Cousins in free agency, and want to go after say Kemba Walker- they will prob be paying Kemba 33-36M a year.

At that point you might be pining for the days you can sign a DeRozan level player for 27M a year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree and that's my point.

You can't be dismissive about the things that don't favor your team, while swallowing the pro-Lakers stuff hook, line and sinker.

It's all media hyperbole until it comes directly from him or he signs someplace long-term.

Ps. That deal you just suggested is exactly why I Lmao at the Raptors excepting Hart, who is a good player, and a bag of Shit sandwiches.

SGA is Canadian.

Tobias is good. But, if they didn't want to pay him, he's off the books this Summer

Unless Josh goes Donovan Mitchell this Summer...

SGA > Hart
SGA is HEAD AND SHOULDERS better than Hart its not even close.

Hart might be a nice rotation piece someday- but hes a 4 year college player with limited upside. His ceiling is likely a poor-mans Trevor Ariza. For anyone to think he could POSSIBLY be the main player in a Leonard deal is pure and total delusion that had to have been induced by an overload of Peyote.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt... no argument from me on this point.
M said:
Offensively?

They got a few problems on offense... but hard-headed Russ is probably the headline.

Westbrook puts the "I" in team.
M said:
:agree: