• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar on LiAngelo Ball driving a Ferrari at UCLA: 'This is disgusting'

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar on LiAngelo Ball driving a Ferrari at UCLA: 'This is disgusting'

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar apparently has less of a problem with shoplifting than he does with conspicuous consumption. During a recent appearance on FOX Sports 1’s “The Herd with Colin Cowherd,” the UCLA Bruins, Los Angeles Lakers and all-around NBA legend ripped LiAngelo Ball for driving a Ferrari—which LaVar Ball bought him once upon a time—around the Westwood campus.

“This is disgusting. I don’t like that,” the former Lew Alcindor said. “It sets a bad precedent for what the school is supposed to be about and what our basketball program is supposed to be about.”

Yet, The Captain thinks Gelo and his two teammates (Cody Riley and Jalen Hill) who were arrested for theft in China should be given a second chance with the basketball program he once led to three NCAA championships. Abdul-Jabbar cited the example of his former Bruins teammate Mike Lynn— who was suspended for a season by legendary coach John Wooden for “something shady” but was later reinstated—as a reason to afford the three current UCLA freshmen an opportunity to return.

“I think they deserve a chance to redeem themselves, but they have to redeem themselves,” he explained. “It’s not gonna just be words. They have to go out and prove it, go to class, show some character. That’s what I would like to see.”

So long as none of them are driving around in expensive sports cars, anyway.

main_1-Kareem-Abdul-Jabbar-Signed-UCLA-16x20-Photo-PSA-COA-PristineAuction.com.jpg

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I have no issue with the guy driving a Ferrari. Don't agree with Ball's shoplifting but if he has a Ferrari he should be able to drive it.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how that kid and his dumbass Father would feel if an 18 year old Chinese guy visiting Ucla jumped in his Ferrari and stole it.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These kids are legends in their father's mind. He is a lot of noise and his kids will pay the price for his bluster