• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kansas Game Thread

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a very pretty game.

Too bad the offense couldn't score in the 2nd half. Two TO's in KU territory...major buzz kill. Have to FINISH!!

Defense looked good against an over matched opponent.

Nothing good can be said about the ST performance involving punt return and punt coverage. Dana says Thompson is their best option. That is scary.

Big road trip coming up against a TT team that has looked awful so far this season. Can't wait to see how they do next week!

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kansas had any offense at all they win today IMHO. This team is mentally weak and not well coached, we have the same questions week after week win or lose. Squirt is our best option at PR huh? Yea, Alford wouldn't be any better eh coach? GTFO with those :bullshit: answers Holgorsen, the kid is in over his head and should have been taken off that team MONTHS ago! Special teams are special indeed, thanks again Joe :shortbus:

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now, the day after, what did we learn about this team yesterday?

1. The defense was lights out. We had some pretty good pass rush, even if if was blitz generated. Tonkey is a beast. The defense pitched a shutout. I know Kansas isn't very good offensively, but that shouldn't detract from this unit's performance.

2. Special Teams nightmares continue. Another muffed punt. Another blocked FG. Another punt return TD. This was Kansas folks. This is an ill omen for the future. This unit MUST improve. On the good side, KO return team put up 7.

3. Flat second half. Team and crowd were absolutely dead and flat. This team has yet to play a full game. This is a continuing problem. Can the coaching staff not get the team back up to play after the half?

What else? That's just off the top of my head, but I felt disappointed in the way we played. A win is a win, but I'm left with a bad taste in my mouth and a worry for next week against a Texas Tech team we SHOULD beat.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to play the woulda...shoulda...coulda game, but we left 21 points on the board in the 2nd half with a dropped TD pass by White and two costly TO's deep in KU territory.

We would all feel better had they scored those 21 points.

I think KU's defense is pretty decent.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man no one is giving the defense much credit....if they had a offense they would have won? :no idea:

Special teams is amazing...I mean really have never seen anything like it...if they do not change the coach for god sakes change the personal. A friend of mine told me to watch this so i will pass it to you. Look at some other games and even the team we are playing....most of the time those coverage teams get in the area of the returner around the 15..our guys it seems around the 20 and sometimes it looks like they get to the 20 and stop. Punt return there is no lane discipline and bad tackles....OToole adds nothing to the defense of the punt.

I still stick to my pint that Trickett did not run the offense the way it is meant to be run and this is the first time we have seen that all season. Not sure if they planed it that way or he just jumped off script.

I think this team play down to it opponent and still beat them by 19....still a lot t work on but damn would rather be doing that after a win than a L.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB, I'd feel a little less uneasy had we put up at least 7 of those 21. I kept waiting for the knockout punch and it never came. This team still is not finishing... That is my biggest concern coming out of this game.

DC, I think that was how the game was called more than the way Trickett was running the offense. We barely used any screens. I'm guessing it was the gameplan to stretch the D and run it right at them. Shell rushed for over 100 yards, the ground game was clicking.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC, I think that was how the game was called more than the way Trickett was running the offense. We barely used any screens. I'm guessing it was the gameplan to stretch the D and run it right at them. Shell rushed for over 100 yards, the ground game was clicking.

Go back and watch some of the game, he was going down field lot when there were people open on the short stuff. You could see DH asking him a couple of times...

Our calls on offense are not that different game to game, it is what the defense gives us as to where the ball should go...like the pass to White in the first half I doubt the play was called to go to the guy with three def players on him :lol:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac,

I understand the concern. When Dana was interviewed before heading to the locker room for half, he mentioned how they stressed to the players during bye week to play better in the 2nd half than the first. He addressed this point in his post game pressed. The play gets a lite sloppier in the 2nd half. TO's are big players in this. IMO, they just need to clean things up a little. They are really close.

FINISH!!!

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back and watch some of the game, he was going down field lot when there were people open on the short stuff. You could see DH asking him a couple of times...

Our calls on offense are not that different game to game, it is what the defense gives us as to where the ball should go...like the pass to White in the first half I doubt the play was called to go to the guy with three def players on him :lol:
I recorded it, so I may just do that. I was more hinting at the lack of screens to the flat. I don't remember seeing any at all. Correct me if I'm wrong there. I did see a couple middle screens, just nothing to the flat.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Special Teams not so special...again!...

Thompson can't be the only answer on the back end.....on of the biggest games of the year next week IMHO...we have yet to beat these guys...............

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recorded it, so I may just do that. I was more hinting at the lack of screens to the flat. I don't remember seeing any at all. Correct me if I'm wrong there. I did see a couple middle screens, just nothing to the flat.

I think one of whites big gainers in the first half was on the screen...they ran it again in second half and the Kansas MLB got a good shot on him

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of whites big gainers in the first half was on the screen...they ran it again in second half and the Kansas MLB got a good shot on him
That middle screen to White? Yeah, they ran that at least twice. I think they ran it once to either Shorts or Smallwood too. White took a big shot on the second one.