• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kansas Game Thread

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How embarrassing doesn't matter if we were in the big AAC we would still be bad. This is just plain bad coaching. One week we go head to head with some of the best athletes in the nation and next week we lay an egg against the worst team in the league.

Run out the clock and get on the plane

Tommcd54

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I have seen all year is these players dont play hard for this coach he maybe a guru of some kind but it sure is not motivating players he has no clue and shows it on the sideline.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WVU football program is a serious question mark. This coaching staff and team have NO chemistry. There is talent on this team, they played with Oklahoma and Texas, OSU, BUT got manhandled by Maryland and NOW KANSAS!!!!!! Guys, a team that can hang with Texas and Oklahoma HAS talent, what this team lacks is motivation when playing the teams they SHOULD beat!!!!! I have made the comparison before and stand by it, we are back in the Cignetti years, there is talent on the field, but the coaches can not get the players to get it done Saturday. Just like the Cignetti teams who went out and lost to sPitt close one week, and we thought we were getting better, only to lose to a William and Mary a week later and be dashed. THIS loss is as bad as ANY we have suffered, and will set back WVU football years. OWN it guys, Holgorsen is NOT a head coach, he lost Saturday to not only the worst team in the B12, but one of the worst in the country!!!!! Alabama ????????? YEA, what an ass whippin that will be!!!!!!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am tired of hearing that this is not the BE anymore, quit with the copouts. The talent is there to beat OSU, play with Texas and OU, but we also get manhandled by Maryland and KU???????? Kansas would be dead last in the BE as well as the B12, guys. This coaching staff is just not getting it done, they are not making use of the players!!!! There is no chemistry, there is an unearned arrogance, an entitlement mentality.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am tired of hearing that this is not the BE anymore, quit with the copouts. The talent is there to beat OSU, play with Texas and OU, but we also get manhandled by Maryland and KU???????? Kansas would be dead last in the BE as well as the B12, guys. This coaching staff is just not getting it done, they are not making use of the players!!!! There is no chemistry, there is an unearned arrogance, an entitlement mentality.

I don't think KU would be a bottom feeder in the BE. They'd likely be in the middle to bottom third of the conference. The days when WVU could come into a game without being highly motivated to play and win with average effort are over. WVU could afford to play like this against the worst of the BE and eek out a victory, but this team is not good enough and the competition is better at the bottom.

There is a troubling pattern of seeing WVY come into a game with arrogance and total lack of respect of their opponent which bothers me. I went to the Dome to watch WVU get their ass kicked by a terrible SU team in 2010. Reflects the coaching...

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think KU would be a bottom feeder in the BE. They'd likely be in the middle to bottom third of the conference. The days when WVU could come into a game without being highly motivated to play and win with average effort are over. WVU could afford to play like this against the worst of the BE and eek out a victory, but this team is not good enough and the competition is better at the bottom.

There is a troubling pattern of seeing WVY come into a game with arrogance and total lack of respect of their opponent which bothers me. I went to the Dome to watch WVU get their ass kicked by a terrible SU team in 2010. Reflects the coaching...

We don't have a real head coach. These young players ain't buyin his load of crap!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Sagarin's rankings this week: WVU is 76, William and Mary is 79, KU is 112, how fast and how far WVU football has dropped. Maryland is 74, GAST is 194, KSU is 23, OU is 30, OSU is 13, Texas 35, TT 45, Baylor 3, IAST 101, TCU 61 for a little comparison, Marshall is 59. People claim no talent is on the field, I say bullshit, with no talent, explain to me how you beat #13, play to a virtual tie with #35, play with #30&45, get beat soundly by #112, #74, #23, #3, guys there are players on the field, they just are not being coached, PERIOD. This coaching staff and players parted company mid season last year, when WVU was ranked highly, there was "title" talk, there was Heisman talk, then the wheels fell off and the players no longer buy what they are being taught, and the ship is still sinking.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad,

To find your answer, look at where the games were played. After the debacle on the road at Maryland, this team has performed much worse on the road than at home in front of a crowd ready to pick them up.

Great teams rely on each other to overcome adversity on the road, they don't need the crowd to provide them energy.

Obviously… this is not a great team…

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious about this Mob mentality to change head coaches again....

Tell me how is that working out for Tennessee, Arkansas, USC, Notre Dame..or what change has done at Florida, NC State...just to name a few.... We will see what kind of Recuiter Kingsbury is he is coaching Tubervilles kids..same with Malzhan at Auburn....

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tell me how is that working out for Tennessee, Arkansas, USC, Notre Dame..or what change has done at Florida, NC State...just to name a few.... We will see what kind of Recuiter Kingsbury is he is coaching Tubervilles kids..same with Malzhan at Auburn....

AND Holgorsen did OK when he had Casteel coaching defense and had Stewart's player on the field. What concerns me is the lack of improvement as the seasons wear on. I do not buy the lack of talent argument, if a kid has talent enough to beat OSU, play to a tie with Texas, stay tight with OU, they damn sure are talented enough to play with Maryland and Kansas!!!!!!As I have said, NEXT year is the make or break, buyout or not, produce or go, compete in EVERY game, and win enough to go bowling, THEN talk.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, I could care less about the fortunes of any of those teams, m concerns are about the West Virginia Mountaineers, and the product on the field. I want better, from our coaches, our players and our fans. We have GREAT fans, we have TALENTED players, we do not have QUALITY coaching from the top down. They have not inspired the best in the talent THEY recruited. They have failed in teaching even the simple fundamentals. Their program is failing around them in a state of confused decision making. All those things scream loudly from the play on the field. To those who wish to look with clear eyes and hearts, it is evident beyond a shadow of a doubt. Can it get better? Only a fool would say no, but there has to be something foundational for there to be transition to better play. That is not there, period!

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad,

To find your answer, look at where the games were played. After the debacle on the road at Maryland, this team has performed much worse on the road than at home in front of a crowd ready to pick them up.

Great teams rely on each other to overcome adversity on the road, they don't need the crowd to provide them energy.

Obviously… this is not a great team…

I ask this. Where would you place the responsibility for teaching a team how to overcome this kind of adversity? I agree with your assessment, but it stops short of calling out the person so given the responsibility, the head coach.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ask this. Where would you place the responsibility for teaching a team how to overcome this kind of adversity? I agree with your assessment, but it stops short of calling out the person so given the responsibility, the head coach.

As a leader, the responsibility falls squarely on their shoulders. Who are the leaders of this team?

A coach can preach and teach all they want, but only the players can control their actions. This summer, Dana spoke often about leadership. His comments were taken out of context and created a viral response when a sportswriter inferred Dana was calling out Geno for lack of leadership last year.

I think WVU fans are thinking about the current situation with too many emotions attached.

One of the greatest teams in WVU football lost a game to a 28 pt dog to lose the BCS NCG berth. That team had great team leaders... some would say a great coach and coaching staff... and it scored an embarrassing 9 pts in one of the worst losses in school history.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, UT is having similar results but they are pushing for the #1 recruiting class with the new coach, time will tell.
Arky got blind sided by a scandal and has since seen 2 coaches in 2 years and is changing the type of offense to what Bret B runs, again time will tell.
USC is playing MUCH better since their change
ND went undefeated and played for a NC after their switch
Wisconsin is arguably better after their switch
Auburn is worlds better
NCState is worse
Florida had a great defense before injuries but jury is out on Muschamp as a HC.
Kingsbury has been a hit, has TT looking decent and is set at QB for years barring injury.

They don't always work out obviously but sometimes new hires are absolutely the right thing to do. that said we WILL have DH again next year for sure, past that??? Up in the air iyam.