• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

K Love Trade Rumors start heavy in 2 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they don't trade him....

Kevin Love may want out of Minnesota, but Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor expects the All-Star forward to be with the team next season.

Taylor told the Pioneer Press on Monday that he doesn't plan to trade Love despite the player's intention not to re-sign with the Timberwolves when his contract expires after the 2014-15 campaign.

"I should never say never because who knows what might come up? But that's not our plan," Taylor told the newspaper.

"I'm not in a position where you would say absolutely I wouldn't do it, because what if something that I can't even speculate [on] happens? You'd say, 'You're nuts, Glen.' Maybe some team puts a value on him that's different than we suspect."

Minnesota Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor doesn't intend to trade Kevin Love - ESPN

Obviously this is the best case scenario for the Lakers if Love gets to free agency after next season. A lot of time before that time comes though.

If the Wolves stick to that, then the "Kevin Love saga" is going to be a huge topic of conversation all the way to the trade deadline next season.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your entire post pretty well proves my point.

Sure, I suppose a team could trade for him, but do you honestly think that after what Dwight pulled in L.A. last year that a team is going to risk that happening to them? They give up valuable assets hoping they can convince him to stay, only to have pull a Dwight on them?

Whether people like it or not, the Lakers are a destination franchise for most players. It's a pretty safe bet that most of these teams are thinking that if it can happen to the Lakers, it can happen to them.

Additionally, what would a team have to give up for a player of his caliber? Suppose he goes to Chicago or Golden State. What do they have to give up to get him? He's not likely to want to go to a team that ends up being just like Minnesota because of what they had to give up to get him.

Imo, the teams that have the most tradeable assets for him without having to give up too much on their current roster are probably the Celtics and Suns because they have draft picks to spare. The Celtics are not a contender. The Suns are close, but he has never expressed an interest in either team.

In some ways the Lakers are actually in a good spot for him (although not so much for a sign and trade). They will have a high draft pick and only have 3 players under contract. That is essentially a clean slate that with the right FA moves could put them back in contention fairly quickly, especially if Love is one of the FA's.

Golden State has a VERY good offer on the table. Others will follow suit. I think him landing on a true contender will be enough for him to sign - it's highly doubtful he'll walk. LA was not going anywhere WITH Dwight at all, and he knew it. He never wanted to be there......he didn't fit in, the fans didn't like him, and he didn't get along with the franchise player - it was just a bad fit all around.

Very few GMs are going to look at that scenario and think its going to be the same for them. Their going to look at their roster, what they have going on, and how he can fit - how to sell him on it. No GM worth his check is going to think that just because the Lakers failed, THEY will fail - that's just absurd.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romona shelburne just said on 95.7 That she's been hearing for 3 or 4 weeks that Love's thought process has been to join a team that is already set up to win...and that his preferred destinations are Golden State and Chicago. She made the point that Golden State is the best situation of all.

She said he's not going to join a team that's rebuilding. He's going to get to the next level in his career by joining a team like the Warriors.

Essentially, he's got a lot of leverage and can really influence where he ends up.

Also pretty much saying that loves first option is golden state. Hopefully true..

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State has a VERY good offer on the table. Others will follow suit. I think him landing on a true contender will be enough for him to sign - it's highly doubtful he'll walk. LA was not going anywhere WITH Dwight at all, and he knew it. He never wanted to be there......he didn't fit in, the fans didn't like him, and he didn't get along with the franchise player - it was just a bad fit all around.

Very few GMs are going to look at that scenario and think its going to be the same for them. Their going to look at their roster, what they have going on, and how he can fit - how to sell him on it. No GM worth his check is going to think that just because the Lakers failed, THEY will fail - that's just absurd.

Golden State is the one that worries me. They could actually pull it off without gutting their team and they are apparently one of the 4 teams that have been mentioned as places that he'd like to go. Hopefully (for the Lakers), Minnesota sticks to their guns about wanting Klay Thompson and/or their GM continues to insist they aren't going to trade him.

I disagree about GM's not looking at that Dwight scenario and thinking it won't happen to them. That would be incredibly foolish. Especially if it's a team that he has not mentioned as one he'd like to go to.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State has a VERY good offer on the table.

Lee, Barnes, a likely low 1st rounder, and "throw ins" is not a VERY good offer for one of the best players in the league. Better offer than what the Lakers have (unless they get into the top 3), but I don't think Minnesota would feel that is enough.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State has first round picks to trade? I thought they sent them to Utah as the sweetner in that salary dump to clear room for Iggy.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee, Barnes, a likely low 1st rounder, and "throw ins" is not a VERY good offer for one of the best players in the league. Better offer than what the Lakers have (unless they get into the top 3), but I don't think Minnesota would feel that is enough.

Its a VERY good offer because I don't see anyone offering more.

Big name trades just don't happen often in this league. Minny isn't going to get a bunch of all stars in return. To pick up two potential all stars and picks is GREAT compensation......what other team is going to offer them that much? Which playoff contender is going to part with that much talent? Chicago maybe?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a VERY good offer because I don't see anyone offering more.

Big name trades just don't happen often in this league. Minny isn't going to get a bunch of all stars in return. To pick up two potential all stars and picks is GREAT compensation......what other team is going to offer them that much? Which playoff contender is going to part with that much talent? Chicago maybe?

Where are these TWO potential all stars? Lee, maybe, but Love, Duncan, Aldrich all play the same position. And Barnes? Personally, I'd prefer Green in the trade to Barnes if I was Minny.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now that the ping pong balls have fallen the rumors can start. For the Celts, they will get either Randle, Vonleh or Gordon in the six spot. I cant see Exum falling but who knows. I dont think smart is their guy.

The Celtics probably could offer Kelly O, Bradley (and a contract) and perhaps this pick and another round 1 for Love. That still leaves then with 6 or 7 picks and the 17 spot could backfill Bradley (Philly's rise next year should make that pick look better for the celts)

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are these TWO potential all stars? Lee, maybe, but Love, Duncan, Aldrich all play the same position. And Barnes? Personally, I'd prefer Green in the trade to Barnes if I was Minny.

Green doesn't make enough to impact the trade to even out the money

Cody5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now that the ping pong balls have fallen the rumors can start. For the Celts, they will get either Randle, Vonleh or Gordon in the six spot. I cant see Exum falling but who knows. I dont think smart is their guy.

The Celtics probably could offer Kelly O, Bradley (and a contract) and perhaps this pick and another round 1 for Love. That still leaves then with 6 or 7 picks and the 17 spot could backfill Bradley (Philly's rise next year should make that pick look better for the celts)

I think Sully would need to be involved with that pick to get the wheels rolling.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I am guessing Sully will need to be there vs Kelly. kelly is a duplicate to klove tho

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I am guessing Sully will need to be there vs Kelly. kelly is a duplicate to klove tho

If they keep the pick, who do you think they take (assuming Wiggins, Parker, Embiid, Randle, and Exum off the board)? If they plan on keeping Rondo, then I doubt they would take Smart. That puts it between Gordon and Vonleh. I like this Vonleh kid. Hope he's there for the Lakers at #7.

melmaan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's practically a Celtic already.
Danny has a #6 pick + #17 + players + years of xtra picks to package.
And Owners w/ deep pockets willing to offer the max $$$
Plus the lure of BIG market exposure for endoresments.
Done Deal

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Done Deal

They have the assets, but that's only half of the puzzle. This deal is only getting done with Kevin Love's promise to stay with the team. Leaving the wolves to go to the Celtics is a lateral move at best, when it comes to winning.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Done Deal

Yeah and then he can walk after

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just too be clear, I have interest in love but not beyond two picks and one decent player. He wont solve defense issues and w/o that he could be a primmadonna. They need a stud defensive player to pair with him.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just too be clear, I have interest in love but not beyond two picks and one decent player. He wont solve defense issues and w/o that he could be a primmadonna. They need a stud defensive player to pair with him.

Yeah I was only kidding. But boston has a good shot

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries Hambomb. Boston has to offer up something to Minny. Pairing Sully with Love has my interest, pairing him with Kelly does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.