• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

K Love Trade Rumors start heavy in 2 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope the Hawks can get him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love tells Minnesota Timberwolves he won't sign extension, likes Chicago Bulls and Golden State Warriors - ESPN

You cant blame the kid for spending his entire career losing. Looks like he will force a trade in a defacto manner. I think June is going to be a crazy trade month. Hold tight

Heck, they're already starting. This from NBC sports:

Report: Kevin Love?s ?people? told Timberwolves that if he isn?t traded, he?ll leave in free agency | ProBasketballTalk

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's clear Minnesota has put him on the block

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope the Hawks can get him.

When was the last time the Hawks got anyone?
Why would Love go to a resign with a team that is a first round out every year when there are potential contenders that want his services?
My bet is he is in LA.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time the Hawks got anyone?
Why would Love go to a resign with a team that is a first round out every year when there are potential contenders that want his services?
My bet is he is in LA.

As I stated on another thread, it seems that the Lakers are still his preferred destination, but in the end, he wants to win and he wants to win soon. So, while the Lakers may have the inside track, it is far from a slam dunk. They will have to show him that they have a plan to put together a winner within 2-3 seasons.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he releases that he wants to go to the Warriors or Bulls but really want's to go to the Lakers. Yeah, that sounds right.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Lakers getting him. What tradeable assets do they realistically have that Minny would want?

They won't be able to beat offers from better franchises with more young talent they can move. I'd lay more money on him ending up in the East than in the West.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until the ping pong balls drop we wont know which teams are in the hunt.

Wolves have no coach, so what is he suppose to believe moving forward...and why so many open coaching vacancies?

He is leaving as now Rubio is putting him under the bus for lack of leadership.

Who ever gets him need a tough big man to compliment him.

Man did Minnesota get ugly quick over the last few weeks

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks have no shot for a sign and trade deal. That's what's best for the T'Wolves franchise moving ahead.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Lakers getting him. What tradeable assets do they realistically have that Minny would want?

They won't be able to beat offers from better franchises with more young talent they can move. I'd lay more money on him ending up in the East than in the West.
With LA not having any, offering their 1st round pick isn't that enticing.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he releases that he wants to go to the Warriors or Bulls but really want's to go to the Lakers. Yeah, that sounds right.

From the article I linked:

Kevin Love’s people reiterated to the Timberwolves this past week that they had better trade him or else he’ll leave via free agency when his contract is up after next season. With Love looking to exit, there’s your No. 1 reason the T-wolves have not been able to find a head coach to take over for Rick Adelman. Love wants to play for the Lakers but he’s also open to coming to the Knicks.

Again, the Lakers appear to be his preferred destination, but that could change.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It doesn't matter what Minnesota wants. If Kevin Love wants to be a Laker badly enough, all he has to do is refuse a sign and trade to any other team.

It's like when Shaq went to Miami. The Lakers got a bunch of scraps because Shaq took away all leverage with his public trade demands.

Again, not saying the Lakers getting him is a slam dunk by any means. But if that's where he wants to go, that's where he'll go.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter what Minnesota wants. If Kevin Love wants to be a Laker badly enough, all he has to do is refuse a sign and trade to any other team.

It's like when Shaq went to Miami. The Lakers got a bunch of scraps because Shaq took away all leverage with his public trade demands.

Again, not saying the Lakers getting him is a slam dunk by any means. But if that's where he wants to go, that's where he'll go.

It's possible, but HIGHLY unlikely. He can refuse to sign all he wants.....but the Minny GM isn't going to be forced into a bad trade.

The Lakers have nothing to offer. I don't see them as a player here at all, they simply have no chips to bargain. The Lakers need him to go to FA to get him. If he's traded, there's virtually no chance he ends up in LA.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs with trade to get him then add Lebron. How sick would that be.

It will never happen

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible, but HIGHLY unlikely. He can refuse to sign all he wants.....but the Minny GM isn't going to be forced into a bad trade.

The Lakers have nothing to offer. I don't see them as a player here at all, they simply have no chips to bargain. The Lakers need him to go to FA to get him. If he's traded, there's virtually no chance he ends up in LA.

Not sure what is so difficult to understand here. Minnesota has zero leverage when it comes to trading Kevin Love. They have 2 choices and only 2 choices:

1.) They can trade him to a team that Love is willing to agree to a sign and trade with.

2.) They can lose him to free agency and get nothing in return.

He has said the Lakers are his preferred destination. He has also said that he wants to go to a team that will win and contend for a title. If the Lakers can convince him that they have a plan that will have him contending for a title within 2-3 years, it is very likely that he will be a Laker regardless of what Minnesota's GM wants.

If the Lakers can't convince him that they can be contenders within 2-3 years, then it is very likely that he will go someplace else. Bottom line, Kevin Love holds all the cards. It doesn't matter what any team offers the T-Wolves, if he doesn't want to play there.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. He does NOT hold all the cards.

They can send him anywhere they want......he's not a free agent until the end of next season. It doesn't HAVE to be a sign and trade, something your Lakers found out the hard way with Dwight Howard.

Minny is not forced into pennies on the dollar here. And I doubt Love is going to force his way to any team.

Why contend in 2-3 years when you can contend RIGHT NOW? That's the question. That's why he's listed several teams of interest, not just the Lakers. The Lakers are the hometown team, that's obvious.....but once again - they have nothing to offer. Salaries do have to match you know, so what pieces would they give up? They have nothing.

All it takes is some contending team to make a quality offer, that's willing to take their chances on resigning him. ONE GM with an ego. Once again - you Lakers fans should be WELL understanding of this concept.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically, there are only 4 teams at the moment who are contenders - all of which are in the conference finals at the moment. And none of them have players they want to give up and the TWolves will accept in a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.