• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Wilcox the new Cal HC

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp we get first pick. Looking for a 3-4 DC as well.

Looks like Diaco, and possibly a couple current NFL DC's.

Why do believe that is the case?

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Diaco.

I don't like Nate Woody either.

I don't think Wiscy and Nebraska go head to head with each other, but if we do, Wiscy is likely going to have to match serious money.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The staff turnover at Wiscy is crazy. I mean obviously Nebraska is going through a similar thing right now, but on purpose, not because guys are leaving for greener pastures.

Really don't get it.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports: Cal in contract negotiations with Justin Wilcox

Congrats

Now Bucky needs to find another top 3-4 DC guy for another top 5 defense. Nate Woody or bust IMO.
Kind of an odd hire. I don't understand why Cal keeps going for the long shot coaching hires. Seems like a program like that could get someone decent and do really well pretty quickly.

Interestingly though, both Nebraska and Wisconsin are now looking for defensive coordinators.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of an odd hire. I don't understand why Cal keeps going for the long shot coaching hires. Seems like a program like that could get someone decent and do really well pretty quickly.

Interestingly though, both Nebraska and Wisconsin are now looking for defensive coordinators.

I think Cal is an extremely difficult place to win. This century they are a .500 program. The decade before they were under .500. Plus they have to deal with Stanford and USC to try and get recruits. Tedford's had the most success there recently and he was a coordinator before getting the job. I'm not sure if they could get a current HC at the G5 level.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cal is an extremely difficult place to win. This century they are a .500 program. The decade before they were under .500. Plus they have to deal with Stanford and USC to try and get recruits. Tedford's had the most success there recently and he was a coordinator before getting the job. I'm not sure if they could get a current HC at the G5 level.

But Stanford was garbage pre-Harbaugh and arguably in a worse spot than Cal was. Cal has proven it can get pretty decent talent into the program, just last year they got a five star kid. While they have to compete with other Cal programs, there's a hell of a lot of talent in California. If they got a good coach, I think a turnaruond would be easy for them and quick.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Stanford was garbage pre-Harbaugh and arguably in a worse spot than Cal was. Cal has proven it can get pretty decent talent into the program, just last year they got a five star kid. While they have to compete with other Cal programs, there's a hell of a lot of talent in California. If they got a good coach, I think a turnaruond would be easy for them and quick.

I think Stanford has a better tradition than Cal does, and while Harbaugh is great, let's not forget Stanford took a chance on a guy that was a HC at an FCS school. And Stanford was also in the Rose Bowl in 2000. The 50 years prior to Tedford getting to Cal they only finished ranked 5 times. In general hiring at both Stanford and Cal is probably difficult. Stanford hit a home run with Harbaugh and backed it up with Shaw. I think if Cal hires the right guy they can get it turned around, but getting that guy isn't easy.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh what do you know it ain't Chip Kelly.

and oh what do you know, Wisconsin is looking for another coach.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh what do you know it ain't Chip Kelly.

and oh what do you know, Wisconsin is looking for another coach.

You were talking about head coach. We lost our 3-4 DC last season and we got even better on defense this season.

DC's will always take an HC. Badgers offered him nearly 1 mil for next year but his goal was to become an HC.

Good luck to him

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Diaco.

I don't like Nate Woody either.

I don't think Wiscy and Nebraska go head to head with each other, but if we do, Wiscy is likely going to have to match serious money.

Who do you like? Yes, Wisconsin can offer about 1 mil to a legit D coordinator.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you like? Yes, Wisconsin can offer about 1 mil to a legit D coordinator.

We just hired Diaco.

His pressers give me the willies. He's kind of a weirdo.

He recruited at an elite level at Notre Dame and oversaw 2nd ranked defense. I'll take it over Banker.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just hired Diaco.

His pressers give me the willies. He's kind of a weirdo.

He recruited at an elite level at Notre Dame and oversaw 2nd ranked defense. I'll take it over Banker.

That's a good pick. The defense and QB spot for Nebraska has always seemed to be the main issues I've noticed when we play them every year.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blackshirts >>>>>>>> anything wisky has if I'm an elite DC candidate. Just to put a defense in front of that crowd and live up to their expectation. Premiere place to go put a D together. And it's not even close. Maybe OSU over them, but no other team in B1G for a DC. Not even Michigan.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cal?