• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just thinking about Earl Weaver

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gone now, but there should be a thread here to just opine or appreciate what Earl brought to the O's organization. Here's a couple of classic outtakes O's fans might appreciate. One is simply a video of him doing his thing arguing a call (absolutely love it!), while the other is a sort of prank interview call between him and interviewer Tom Marr that never actually aired.

Classic Weaver.

WARNING: EXTREMELY SALTY LANGUAGE. Very likely NSFW!!

[YOUTUBE]rpS-XFXxJvE[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched that first one at least 5 times from beginning to end! Funniest part is when the ump keeps saying "You're a liar, Earl. You're a liar!" :lol:

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SARASOTA, Fla. -- The Orioles will host a public celebration of life for legendary manager Earl Weaver on Saturday, April 20 at 2 p.m. ET at Camden Yards.

The program called. "A Celebration of Earl," will include a video tribute and a collection of notable guest speakers to honor the memory of the greatest manager in Orioles history, who died in January.

Guest speakers scheduled to appear include Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson, Rick Dempsey, Orioles manager Buck Showalter, National Baseball Hall of Fame President Jeff Idelson and Weaver's son, Mike Weaver.

Admission is free. Stadium Gates A and H will open at 1 p.m., with complimentary parking in B/C. The ballpark will be closed once the event has concluded and will re-open for that night's game against the Los Angeles Dodgers at 5.

One of six Orioles Legends to receive his own larger-than-life bronze sculpture at the ballpark last season, Weaver died on Jan. 19, at the age of 82. The Orioles will wear a patch on their right uniform sleeve throughout the season in his honor.

Orioles to celebrate Weaver's life on April 20 | orioles.com: News

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that 1st vid is hilarious.After it's all done,the home plate ump walks back with that WTF was that all about look.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this picture of the Earl in better times and though I'd share.

weaver-stanhope.jpg

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox fan here.

Don't know how many times I found myself wishing my team had either Earl or the Robinson-Belanger combo on the left side of the IF.

We did have some good infielders back then, but none THAT good.