• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just started smoked...smoked my first few items.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 128101

just got this traeger wood pellet smoker about a month ago its the lil tex elite 22.. its electric also .. im loving this smoker ... tip dont be afraid to cook on it .. an 8 lb brisket was the 3rd thing I smoked on mine and it came out wonderful .. I dont know what I have done without one of these all these years

I've recently been looking at these.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 128101

just got this traeger wood pellet smoker about a month ago its the lil tex elite 22.. its electric also .. im loving this smoker ... tip dont be afraid to cook on it .. an 8 lb brisket was the 3rd thing I smoked on mine and it came out wonderful .. I dont know what I have done without one of these all these years

Is it better than an electric?

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some easy shit to smoke
-meatloaf (make sure it has plenty of onion, you can't beat that smell) 225 for 3-4 hrs
-pork tenderloin 225 for 3-4 hrs
-whole chicken or chicken quarters(cheap and easy) 225 for 3-4 hours
-hot links 225 about 2 hrs
-turkey legs 225 about 2 hrs
a big thing to remember is after it's got some smoke wrap it up in aluminum foil. If you don't it will dry out. Rough idea on how long for the above about half way through.

This is just some general stuff I've learned over the years.

One that I forgot.
-breakfast sausage. Just put the roll on the smoker at 225 for 2-3 hrs. Slice it and enjoy with a cold beer.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using a traeger myself and having fun with it. Wouldn't have gotten one but had some hail damage to my roof last year and the insurance check forced me to buy and show the receipt of a new grill (since it had two dents in the lid). Well my grill is hooked up to the natural gas on the house (no need to ever change a propane bottle) and I didn't want to change it, so I bought a traeger instead.

Did stuffed burgers, bacon wrapped asparagus, mac & Cheese, and corn for the 4th on it, plus baked the pies in it and all of them came out perfect.

So much fun to cook with. Basically if you can cook it in an oven you can probably do it in there.

A good buddy of mine's grandson was going through chemo when he was 6 or so. He wasn't eating much at all, but loved things off the traeger, so he was cooking up everything on it. Smoking cheese puffs even on it.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm bring this one back up......

So last month went out and bought an offset, I pondered on the Traeger, but I really liked the idea ( excuse) to sit out back all day watch my fire and of course drink beer while doing it.

I've done whole chickens
picnic pork shoulders
baby backs......

I've been using hickory, but also a lot of apple wood. Apple does make it have a nice taste.....

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm bring this one back up......

So last month went out and bought an offset, I pondered on the Traeger, but I really liked the idea ( excuse) to sit out back all day watch my fire and of course drink beer while doing it.

I've done whole chickens
picnic pork shoulders
baby backs......

I've been using hickory, but also a lot of apple wood. Apple does make it have a nice taste.....

Traegers are all the rage now, except I hate those stupid little pellets you have to buy with them.
Did not buy.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Traegers are all the rage now, except I hate those stupid little pellets you have to buy with them.
Did not buy.

I'm not a fan of pellet grills myself, but to each their own. They do turn out good food. In MN I worry about weather and and electrical components.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did it, ( without the Jalapeno) turn out real nice! Also did a bacon wrapped meatloaf with it ! Got some high marks from the wifey on it!

Nice. I haven't yet done it myself, but found few recipes to try

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. I haven't yet done it myself, but found few recipes to try

I didn't get fancy with it, noodles, and cheese, chopped up bacon and that was it.
Let roll for about two hours on the smoker, ( furthest from the heat)

I even held off wrapping it for a while just to get a good smoke on it!