• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just read an article on Dixon (s)

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious if it is just home town rhetoric or what.
What is peoples take on this guy & when is he expected to go in the draft.

I am always leary of Safeties considered safety/LB hybrid. to me that is just a nice way of saying a one dimensional Safety (kinda like Church)

Safeties like Woody is very rare!

So what do you guys know of this guy?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious if it is just home town rhetoric or what.
What is peoples take on this guy & when is he expected to go in the draft.

I am always leary of Safeties considered safety/LB hybrid. to me that is just a nice way of saying a one dimensional Safety (kinda like Church)

Safeties like Woody is very rare!

So what do you guys know of this guy?

If he's a SS/LB who can cover his probably going to be fine. If he was moved yo SS just because he was too weak to be an every down LB and he can't even cover the TE coach I don't want him.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woody was a unique player. Big hitter and had freakish speed for his size. I remember him covering Jerry Rice and getting the job done. I just don't see anything remotely close to him in this draft

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back at the 90s we had woodson who ran in the 4.3s and Marion was also a fast player. Compare that to the roster we have now aand it should be no surprise we give up long touchdowns every game. We need to add speed on the back end. Haha dix is not a fast player and not worthy of our 1st round pick, we are better off taking a hybrid corner safety type like joyner. Could be the next ronde barber in this gay defense of ours

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could lead the NFL in pressures and sacks and still give up big plays. We saw that in the final game. Foles was under pressure and lobbed the ball up and Heath got burned. A decent safety would have broken that play up or picked it off. Its going to be a long season if heath starts again. I would not even consider him an adequate back up!

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back at the 90s we had woodson who ran in the 4.3s and Marion was also a fast player. Compare that to the roster we have now aand it should be no surprise we give up long touchdowns every game. We need to add speed on the back end. Haha dix is not a fast player and not worthy of our 1st round pick, we are better off taking a hybrid corner safety type like joyner. Could be the next ronde barber in this gay defense of ours
ok there is a shit ton of threads talking of who to take in the 1st. I am asking about a particular player & if anyone knows anything about this player. Please dont derail this thread into another who to take in the 1st thread. has nothing to do with this topic unless this guy is a top 15 guy which I doubt since no one was talking about him early on. All I heard at Safety is Pryor & Dix. So do you know anything about Dixon? & or have any opinions on this guy?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
woody was a LB at az state

just saying...
well if he was gonna be the next Woody I would draft him in the 1st. The article I read doesnt sound like he is that kinda player. if he is gonna just be a in the box type safety I would rather not draft him.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if he was gonna be the next Woody I would draft him in the 1st. The article I read doesnt sound like he is that kinda player. if he is gonna just be a in the box type safety I would rather not draft him.

woody wasn't a year one impact or a round one consideration. Nobody called that. You have to understand there are 164,000 opinions out there from the so-called experts on what a guy is and will be. Dix is rated the top safety at this time because many think he excels in coverage. When I watched bama, he was noticed and attacked the edge throws from centerfield pretty darn good. Pryor had a great season and closed the ground. He also is a solid tackler in space with solid range and ball skills. It's the ball skills that might push him ahead at the combine. I also think Lamarcus Joyner from Fla St will come to a team and play right away....outstanding in coverage when I watch fla st play and willing to attack the line of scrimmage. It's a coin flip as we sit three months out

Last edited by a moderator:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woulld not mind seeing us draft Dixon. May be the 4th round? I could see him going in the 3rd. He would be an upgrade over heath. I bet he will be a starter in the NFL. Looks really good on special teams as well.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woulld not mind seeing us draft Dixon. May be the 4th round? I could see him going in the 3rd. He would be an upgrade over heath. I bet he will be a starter in the NFL. Looks really good on special teams as well.

Upgrade over Heath? He could be an upgrade over Heath and still not make the team.
I'm not sure he and Church would play well together, but who knows...

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am kind of thinking that we should stop taking these defensive backs from the smaller schools. Jerrah has drafted several of them and I don't remember one making him look good. I think wilcox has potential, but did we seriously need to take a project in the 3rd round?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upgrade over Heath? He could be an upgrade over Heath and still not make the team.
I'm not sure he and Church would play well together, but who knows...

LOL

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Years before we are relevant again, 6, 7, ................ till Jerry is gone.