• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just made my first DIY Cheese

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made a nice mozarella, it's delicious. Not buying it anymore, took maybe 30 minutes and ended up with a very melty mozz. I got a book about cheese making in under 1 hour, and that was the first I tried. Even with expensive local whole milk, it was still cheaper to make than to buy a ball of the fresh stuff from Central Market.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made a nice mozarella, it's delicious. Not buying it anymore, took maybe 30 minutes and ended up with a very melty mozz. I got a book about cheese making in under 1 hour, and that was the first I tried. Even with expensive local whole milk, it was still cheaper to make than to buy a ball of the fresh stuff from Central Market.

There's a place by me that makes a great fresh mozz and it's only 4.99 a pound. What's the name of the book, I'd like to give it a shot

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:think:

Sounds like something my wife wouldn't mind trying to do but never thought of.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of y'all ever had fromunda cheese?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Been looking into it myself. Sounds like something neat to add to the arsenal. All of the other hard cheeses look great too but they take much more time, aging, equipment, temp control etc.

Here is a cool site I have read quite a bit on.

Cheesemaking Recipes