• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just kick the Pirates and and Marlins out of the league

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kick Oakland and Tampa out too. Award four new franchises to owners and cities that actually want a competitive MLB franchise. There are plenty of candidates out there:
Portland, Oregon
Charlotte, North Carolina
New Orleans, Louisiana
San Antonio, Texas
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Las Vegas, Nevada
Salty Lake City, Utah
Nashville, Tennessee
Indianapolis, Indiana

Let the new franchises have a draft of the players of the four contracted teams. And the new franchises can negotiate television territories with existing franchises.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what did they do now?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So these ownership groups in these other cities are automatically better than the ones they would replace.
Most of the cities you mention already spent millions on new ballparks.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Competitive balance is working"
-Rob Manfred

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually can't complain for the current baseball landscape anyway since the Pirates voted for it.

Also fuck them anyway because the first thing they did after winning 98 games was dismantling that roster so this is their own damn fault anyway.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before this happens, hopefully the Rays trade Archer and Colome to the cubs for some wet butt wipes.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually can't complain for the current baseball landscape anyway since the Pirates voted for it.

Also fuck them anyway because the first thing they did after winning 98 games was dismantling that roster so this is their own damn fault anyway.

The problem is you have an owner that only cares about the almighty dollar. Five to ten years ago Lemieux put together a respectable offer for the Pirates and the owner turned him down, because in his words I am making money on the Pirates so why would I sell them.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams have nice ballparks that are new or relatively new. The tax payers would never want to be on the hook for paying for an empty stadium.

Besides the Pirates are one of the oldest franchises in the game, it would be nearly impossible to contrat them. The Twins and Expos proved that is not feasible.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the Marlins got a decent haul for Ozuna?

Stanton was just a tough spot. He vetoed 2 clearly superior deals and left them with basically 1 suitor or the risk that he doesn't replicate his MVP level season again and get stuck with that contract.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams have nice ballparks that are new or relatively new. The tax payers would never want to be on the hook for paying for an empty stadium.

Besides the Pirates are one of the oldest franchises in the game, it would be nearly impossible to contrat them. The Twins and Expos proved that is not feasible.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Everyone knows the Pirates have been around forever. The franchise is so old that Hall Of Famer Pud Galvin played for them when the team was still called the Alleghenys. But just because they are an old franchise does not mean they get a free pass. My grandparents were at the 7th game of the 60 World Series. I could hardly ever go to their house without hearing about Mazeroski's homerun. But I didn't mind. I grew up a Pirate fan. But, reality is reality. Pirate ownership is not in it to win it. Winning, when it happens, is just an accidental and unintended bi-product.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kick Oakland and Tampa out too. Award four new franchises to owners and cities that actually want a competitive MLB franchise. There are plenty of candidates out there:
Portland, Oregon
New Orleans, Louisiana
San Antonio, Texas
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Las Vegas, Nevada
Salty Lake City, Utah
Nashville, Tennessee
Indianapolis, Indiana

Let the new franchises have a draft of the players of the four contracted teams. And the new franchises can negotiate television territories with existing franchises.

1) Tampa doesn't have a baseball team. They should probably get one.
2) As a life long Braves fan and watching the Marlins win MULTIPLE world series championships. im kinda jealous

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Everyone knows the Pirates have been around forever. The franchise is so old that Hall Of Famer Pud Galvin played for them when the team was still called the Alleghenys. But just because they are an old franchise does not mean they get a free pass. My grandparents were at the 7th game of the 60 World Series. I could hardly ever go to their house without hearing about Mazeroski's homerun. But I didn't mind. I grew up a Pirate fan. But, reality is reality. Pirate ownership is not in it to win it. Winning, when it happens, is just an accidental and unintended bi-product.

True.

But at the same time, the issue is not that they traded Cutch or Cole, but what they got for them.

Absolutely zero premium prospects. And they turned down (supposedly) an Adam Eaton like deal from Washington last year.

Getting basically nothing from a terrible SF farm is bad. Would've been better off with the pick(s) next year.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland, Oregon
New Orleans, Louisiana
San Antonio, Texas
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Las Vegas, Nevada
Salty Lake City, Utah
Nashville, Tennessee
Indianapolis, Indiana

Oakland's problems are self-inflicted when they voluntarily gave up territory rights to help keep the Giants in SF.

And then the Giants never gave them back.

Not letting the commmish overrule this was a dreadful mistake by the owners. And I'll include the Orioles/Nats pissing match now in that as well.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can understand that. But how does a guy from Pittsburgh become a Hawks fan?