• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just FYI - QBR is 100% bull shit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is not the opinion but the lack of a name next to the opinion. There's likely to be a credibility gap between Donovan McNabb's opinion of RG3 and Kurt Warner's opinion. Without a name it could be anyone's opinion.

I thought everybody knew that Ron Jaworski, Trent Dilfer, and Steve Young were the names behind the opinion.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is accurate, Brady for example typically releases at 2.5 seconds, in 2.5 seconds he needs to asses the routes being run and where the receiver should be. He really doesn't have the time to determine how many yards after catch on guy might get. This about from snap he is likely looking at 3 people on three different routes.

2.5 seconds is plenty of time for me to recognize most defenses, know what routes are being run, and know who will get yards after the catch.

If I can do it, Brady with hours of film work on the defense's tendencies and knowing the routes in advance can do it fairly easily.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought everybody knew that Ron Jaworski, Trent Dilfer, and Steve Young were the names behind the opinion.
We know who ESPN pays as pundits. You think those 3 get to sit down and watch 16 x 3-hour games each week then break down each play for analysis? Seriously?

Edit: If they do then good luck to them. :noidea:

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2.5 seconds is plenty of time for me to recognize most defenses, know what routes are being run, and know who will get yards after the catch.

If I can do it, Brady with hours of film work on the defense's tendencies and knowing the routes in advance can do it fairly easily.

LMAO Okay, as I have said in the past there is no talking to you. I watch every Pats game been watching the game for 40+ years now and I say bullshit, you have no idea how far the WR will be able to run prior to the throw that's a crock. And you don't have four 300 pouond men trying to crush you either.

Again I will say this and I am 100% correct it's not debatable. After the throw no QB in the league has a damn thing to do with the yards gained after catch. Not One!!! All the other variable I mentioned are far more significant to the event than anything the QB did. It's just the simple truth and it's why that particualr stat is a complete joke.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have an exact total, but if you can't tell the difference between a guy who will catch the ball 10 yards down the field and get nothing after the catch or the guys who is 5 yards down field and will probably get 20, you have no business in the NFL.

It's that simple.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know who ESPN pays as pundits. You think those 3 get to sit down and watch 16 x 3-hour games each week then break down each play for analysis? Seriously?

Edit: If they do then good luck to them. :noidea:

Games are only 1 hour on tape.....

Ahhhdamnit!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if statistics cant be subjective... all statistics is how you use the data... even if it is subjective, the formulas are the same for everyone, it is just that there are some weird rules...

Actually, no its not, they change the formula to make a more agreeable number if it seems off.

In other words they change it to fit their purposes, which is to push ESPN QBR.

You can look it up on ESPN, they state right in their write up of how they come up with the number that if they don't like the number they will change it.

Its total bullshit, no matter how they spin it.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and take out the running plays and you're talking about assessing maybe 70 snaps per game.

You can watch shortcuts of every game with Sunday Ticket in typically less than thirty minutes. It starts with the ball being caught, and ends exactly at the end of the play, then it cuts to the ball being hiked again. You can watch a lot of games. I watched every game last week.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I will say this and I am 100% correct it's not debatable. After the throw no QB in the league has a damn thing to do with the yards gained after catch.
Welp, you aren't 100% correct and it is debatable. The QB absolutely has a hand in YAC. The qb can make a throw that leads the receiver a bit so it's easier to turn upfield, or he can make throws that do not. These throws could be any number of throws, from throwing behind the receiver, throwing a slower ball than is needed, throwing a bit too high making the receiver need to jump a bit and not catching it in stride, etc.

Now not all throws are intended to help the receiver gain yards afterwards, but there are many that do. So you in fact are incorrect. But I know you won't see that, and you can continue to be a jackass.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even go into where passes are lead because the idea that they have no clue who has more potential yardage after the catch is so ridiculously absurd, but that is also correct. The best QBs, after deciding on the receiver, consistently put it in a position to either protect their guy or get him up the field when there is an opportunity to do so.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You sir are an idiot.

:clap:

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, you aren't 100% correct and it is debatable. The QB absolutely has a hand in YAC. The qb can make a throw that leads the receiver a bit so it's easier to turn upfield, or he can make throws that do not. These throws could be any number of throws, from throwing behind the receiver, throwing a slower ball than is needed, throwing a bit too high making the receiver need to jump a bit and not catching it in stride, etc.

Now not all throws are intended to help the receiver gain yards afterwards, but there are many that do. So you in fact are incorrect. But I know you won't see that, and you can continue to be a jackass.

Well you too are entitled to be wrong.