• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Junior@Mia

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time this lineup gets so close to being full-strength, another one goes down.

milogiant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is where our apparent depth helps us. We were wondering how to keep guys like Panda and Hanson in the lineup, so not a huge problem. It's still the starters.

Feel bad for him but it's not going to hurt the team that much. Longoria currently has one of the worst ops on the team.

Reactions: LHG

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel bad for him but it's not going to hurt the team that much. Longoria currently has one of the worst ops on the team.

I'm somewhat worried about the defense over there if Hanson and Sandoval are the guys filling in. Definitely falls off big time there. But the bats could upgrade

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time this lineup gets so close to being full-strength, another one goes down.
So we should have lots of rested folks for the stretch run. :bounce:

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm somewhat worried about the defense over there if Hanson and Sandoval are the guys filling in. Definitely falls off big time there. But the bats could upgrade
Was Longoria's defense this year THAT much better than Sandoval? I haven't seen Longoria's defense much but I thought I've heard that its been a step down from his GG caliber stuff.

milogiant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah but that's what Crawford and (usually) Panik are there for. Two gold glove caliber up the middle should take some stress off Hanson or Panda. That's may just be optmitsic personality coming out after a win though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure I agree. Longo’s D has been a bit head scratching and in-shape Sandoval has some pretty stellar D.

I may PREFER Pablo at 3rd over Longoria...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Longoria's defense this year THAT much better than Sandoval? I haven't seen Longoria's defense much but I thought I've heard that its been a step down from his GG caliber stuff.

Going from Nunez last year to Longo this year has been a major upgrade (I know that doesn't say that much).

He hasn't been young Longo over there, but I think he's been mostly fine

edit: I didn't finish my thought because I got distracted by Cal's response.

The defense at 3rd has been notably better because of how bad it was last year. How much that has to do with Nunez an co. being so bad, or Longoria being good is tough to tell. There are a number of plays that Longoria has made this year that would not have been made last year. He hasn't been elite, but seemingly pretty fine

Last edited:

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure I agree. Longo’s D has been a bit head scratching and in-shape Sandoval has some pretty stellar D.

I may PREFER Pablo at 3rd over Longoria...

I don't think I've seen enough of Pablo to make that decision yet.

Seen enough of Hanson to know.

Seen enough of Longoria to know he's better than Hanson.

All that being said, it still might be a wash with the bats

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have him than not have him.

But he is not a critical loss. Especially with Belt days from coming back.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time Holland pitched he d. Max on the road and tomorrow he faces Strip, a reliever turned starter who is making the most of this opportunity.