• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jumping Into Next Year

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the super bowl. I'd have sat him a possession and gotten over it. I like how they keep saying it is not off the field related.

It has to be.

No way you sit your starting CB in the SB because of "poor end of the season play"... I thought maybe he slept with Brady's wife or something.

If you start Rowe over him for bad play then why do you put Bedmosi (a special teams guy) in over him as the 3rd CB? Makes no sense.. It had to be off the field.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the super bowl. I'd have sat him a possession and gotten over it. I like how they keep saying it is not off the field related.

It has to be.

No way you sit your starting CB in the SB because of "poor end of the season play"... I thought maybe he slept with Brady's wife or something.

If you start Rowe over him for bad play then why do you put Bedmosi (a special teams guy) in over him as the 3rd CB? Makes no sense.. It had to be off the field.

Yeah the news today is that 3 big things happened this week. He was late for curfew one night. Strike one. Then was caught with weed at some point during the week. Strike two. And finally I guess he and some of the coaches had it out. Strike three. Now me personally even if he was stupid during the week I'm still playing him in the biggest game of the year. It was easy to see the guys put in ahead of him were terrible. They got burned all night. Even if he was playing terrible at the end of the year he was playing better than what those guys showed in this game.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he was caught with weed and broke curfew. I would have still played him as he is only a headache to the organization for one more game before he moves on.

Yeah, that's the thing. He's a FA. So if you need him for this one game you use him. It's the Superbowl.

Yeah the news today is that 3 big things happened this week. He was late for curfew one night. Strike one. Then was caught with weed at some point during the week. Strike two. And finally I guess he and some of the coaches had it out. Strike three. Now me personally even if he was stupid during the week I'm still playing him in the biggest game of the year. It was easy to see the guys put in ahead of him were terrible. They got burned all night. Even if he was playing terrible at the end of the year he was playing better than what those guys showed in this game.

Exactly. You don't leave him on the sideline when the opposing QB is doing well...

It's the super bowl. I'd have sat him a possession and gotten over it.

...is what you do. The point of doing a disciplinary move like this is to establish and maintain a culture of accountability. He's a FA that isn't going to be brought back so you aren't doing it to change his behavior, you're doing it to send a message to the team. So...sit him out for a bit. Tell him that he's not officially 'starting' because of his behavior. Use him in relief to bolster your pass D. He played one snap on Special Teams? That's stupid. The Pats didn't have anyone else on the entire roster that they could have activated who would have been on the field for more than one play?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck, they could have made Mike Gillislee active. ;)

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ftr, he's denied any wrongdoing or coming in late.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we cut Talib we should sign Butler. And hell we could even entice him with the legal weed here, we know he loves the stuff.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard not to look at the roster and think Talib's $11 million is a necessary target in salary cap juggling. Personally, I'd get rid of both DT and Sanders - before I'd let him go.