• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

July 1st is right around the corner

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Might be an interesting off season. Obviously Pollak, Spalling, Riemer, and most likely zuburus are gone.

So let the pretend deals begin!!! It would be nice to ship out Marleau and Dillon. Frees up a ton of cap space. I don't know if Tmac likes Marleau so dealing him to Edmonton for one of thier youngsters may be out of the question. Oilers are desperate for D though so a guy like Dillion may interest them.

Can't see any goalies out there at all in terms of a quality back up so that's going to be an issue big time. It depth dman market doesn't look so hot, I think Demello can be slotted in the 5 spot now, not sure about Mirco though. So adding a vet is huge.

If by some miracle Marleau gets traded, Andrew Ladd would be nice, and after his Po performance I don't think he can command huge dollars. I doubt Timo Mirer will be ready and shouldn't be rushed.

Goldobin eh maybe. I think going after Trevor Lewis would be a wise move as well could shore up the bottom lines big time. Tierny looks like he's going to make a leap next season. Barclay Goodrow meh, size and the talent not so sure about the brains.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marleau will be hard to trade. No way for those Edmonton youngsters. I expect he tails off even more next year. Maybe his last in the NHL once his contract expires. Thornton the same. Last year of contract. It could be weird year next year, i.e. the final year of Thornton and Marleau in teal. Season following next year could be very interesting and they should have a lot of money to spend I would think.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw we made a few minor trades:

(old) May 26: to Det F Dylan Sadowy To: SJ 2017 3rd-Round Pick

and then:

June 20: To Sharks F Maxim Letunov, 2017 6th-Rd Pick To Coyotes 2016 4th-Rd Pick, 2017 3rd-Rd Pick

I think the Sharks have to seriously look at breaking up the Thornron/Marleau tandem here. That hasn't worked for some time and the fact that the Sharks got where they did was less about these guys being relied on as key guys and others having more significant roles. Patty put up some pretty good numbers but again was a defensive liability (although he did do a pretty good job in the POs.. he deserves some serious credit there). Thornton still dominates in the assist area but that lack of speed with Pav has to be a concern.

To me, you have to decide to move one of these guys and get some fresh legs. Donskoi looked like a really good pickup and some more guys like that would really add some speed and punch. I just don't think you can really move forward if both of these guys continue with big contracts and significant roles. We are also going to need to fill in those support roles that we are going to lose.

Should be interesting...

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Marleau will be hard to trade. No way for those Edmonton youngsters. I expect he tails off even more next year. Maybe his last in the NHL once his contract expires. Thornton the same. Last year of contract. It could be weird year next year, i.e. the final year of Thornton and Marleau in teal. Season following next year could be very interesting and they should have a lot of money to spend I would think.

Marleau should be shipped to Las Vegas as our contribution to the expansion team there.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Saw we made a few minor trades:

(old) May 26: to Det F Dylan Sadowy To: SJ 2017 3rd-Round Pick

and then:

June 20: To Sharks F Maxim Letunov, 2017 6th-Rd Pick To Coyotes 2016 4th-Rd Pick, 2017 3rd-Rd Pick

I think the Sharks have to seriously look at breaking up the Thornron/Marleau tandem here. That hasn't worked for some time and the fact that the Sharks got where they did was less about these guys being relied on as key guys and others having more significant roles. Patty put up some pretty good numbers but again was a defensive liability (although he did do a pretty good job in the POs.. he deserves some serious credit there). Thornton still dominates in the assist area but that lack of speed with Pav has to be a concern.

To me, you have to decide to move one of these guys and get some fresh legs. Donskoi looked like a really good pickup and some more guys like that would really add some speed and punch. I just don't think you can really move forward if both of these guys continue with big contracts and significant roles. We are also going to need to fill in those support roles that we are going to lose.

Should be interesting...

Lol hasn't worked? WTF!?!? They just went 6 games in the SCF! First time in franchise history, something worked lol

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brain Campbell would be a great pick up for the 5 spot who can play the PP

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol hasn't worked? WTF!?!? They just went 6 games in the SCF! First time in franchise history, something worked lol

Yes - second place happened once in 15 years - and second half of that statement was pointing out that it seemed that had to do more with some of the supporting cast then the two big names.

I would take the Kane/Towes pair 10 out of 10 times over the Thornton/Marleau pair. Its not that I don't find them talented, I just think they are the same personality type and not a good compliment of each other.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes - second place happened once in 15 years - and second half of that statement was pointing out that it seemed that had to do more with some of the supporting cast then the two big names.

I would take the Kane/Towes pair 10 out of 10 times over the Thornton/Marleau pair. Its not that I don't find them talented, I just think they are the same personality type and not a good compliment of each other.
I think the biggest problem as fans is that we think it's easy when you look at how other players have done. But what's get lost is that Kane/Toews are Marleau/Thornton if they don't have Keith,seabrook, hossa, sharp, brain Campbell, saad. They've had great supporting cast and this is first time Marleau and Thornton have had atleast a good one and they made it to the finals

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem is they both really are old now. History shows guys their age generally tail off significantly. There are anomalies of course. It is not like this is a Stanley Cup finalist with a bunch of up and coming young talent ala Chicago 2010. There are many key players who are old, Thornton, Marleau, Martin, Ward, even Pavs.... Thornton had one of the best seasons for someone his age. Can he do it again? Probably more likely than Marleau. But still.... I am concerned about next year and the team going in the opposite direction a bit.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marleau should be shipped to Las Vegas as our contribution to the expansion team there.

Kurz said Marleau wanted to be traded last November. I think DeBoer and Marleau don't see eye to eye. DeBoer is the first coach who is not coddling him and accepting his lazy (at times) ways. He has demoted him at times. I wouldn't be surprised if he is shipped before next season. Edmonton would be good (but not for their young talent). Maybe for a pick. Would TMac take him back?

P.S. Who wins the Stanley Cup first...Vegas or San Jose?

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kurz said Marleau wanted to be traded last November. I think DeBoer and Marleau don't see eye to eye. DeBoer is the first coach who is not coddling him and accepting his lazy (at times) ways. He has demoted him at times. I wouldn't be surprised if he is shipped before next season. Edmonton would be good (but not for their young talent). Maybe for a pick. Would TMac take him back?

P.S. Who wins the Stanley Cup first...Vegas or San Jose?

That could be close, let's hope that it's SJ. Also, SJ had it real bad as an expansion team. They weren't even an NHL-level team until the 1993-1994 season. I don't think that Las Vegas will have to worry about winning only 28 games total in the first two years of existence.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't see the Sharks doing much and there isn't much to be interested in with the UFA market. Bring in a back up goalie like Johnson or Montoya and that's about it.

I'd really like to see if they could pry center Vadim Shipachyov from the KHL. He would be a very good center for Goldobin who will probably be a regular in the line up this year.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't see the Sharks doing much and there isn't much to be interested in with the UFA market. Bring in a back up goalie like Johnson or Montoya and that's about it.

I'd really like to see if they could pry center Vadim Shipachyov from the KHL. He would be a very good center for Goldobin who will probably be a regular in the line up this year.
Neither Johnson or Montoya is much of an upgrade over Stalock.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Neither Johnson or Montoya is much of an upgrade over Stalock.

Johnson and Montoya are both capable NHL back ups and far better than Stalock. I really liked Stalock but he was never the same after his injury and now nothing more then a back up at the AHL level.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kind of curious if the Sharks are looking into Staal and Vanek at all

Vancem0001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I can't believe this sight is up still. Been on HF mostly since ESPN, but glad to see Korky and Cmon still here. No filo? Haven't been around this site for years, but loved the small, yet knowledgable (which is extremely hard to find, sharks fans. I think they could move Marleau and his 6.6 , but Marleau has to want to go ANYWHERE, and I find that hard hard to believe. That said, moving Wingles I think that is an easy trade if they want to get low value/late pick/ and it opens up cap space for 1 move if they want tao upgrade top6. can't see them signing a D-man outside of 6/7 depth. I see them standing pat other than singing a backup goalie and depth D. I think Reimer signs with someone who will let him compete for or at least have a 60/40 55/45 split, which is not happening in SJ. Will be curious to see how FA plays out as we have the money to add a forward, but Meier likely makes the team and leaves maybe 1 spot open to Goldobin, O'Regan, Carpenter or maybe we luck out and find a bottom ^ guy in Sorensen. No matter what i this we can agree that there have been two incompetent trades already so who knows what will happen this summer.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Matt Martin.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kind of curious if the Sharks are looking into Staal and Vanek at all

I can't see them going after players who are slowing and in a rapid decline or who are higher profile like these two. I can see them perusing someone like Boedker.

Karlsson, Wingels, Nieto are all possible trade candidates as the team will look to make room for Goldobin and possibly Meier. There is a good chance Sorenson makes the team as well.

I will be most interested in what happens with the bottom pairing on defense. Pretty sure Polak isn't coming back. The Sharks have already signed a Dman who could push either Demelo or Dillon out of the line up in Tim Heed and it's rumored they are looking to make a move for another Dman.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't see them going after players who are slowing and in a rapid decline or who are higher profile like these two. I can see them perusing someone like Boedker.

Karlsson, Wingels, Nieto are all possible trade candidates as the team will look to make room for Goldobin and possibly Meier. There is a good chance Sorenson makes the team as well.

I will be most interested in what happens with the bottom pairing on defense. Pretty sure Polak isn't coming back. The Sharks have already signed a Dman who could push either Demelo or Dillon out of the line up in Tim Heed and it's rumored they are looking to make a move for another Dman.
I'd like to see them make a move for Brian Campbell adds mobility and puck movement and helps on the 2nd pp unit.

I don't think Staal would be a bad risk on a show me contract for the bottom 2 lines on 2nd Pp unit possibly maybe even a PTO.

As long as it's not Vrbata I'm ok with it