• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JT Barrett OSU legend (2013-2017)

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of Wichita Falls, TX. Baylor, LSU and Texas Tech were his other finalists, and until Texas got a commitment from in-stater Tyrone Swoopes, Barrett was on the Longhorns’ short list.

AWARDS
  • 3x Ohio State Team Captain (2015-2017) only 3 time captain in history of OSU
  • 7x Conference Freshman of the Week
  • Big Ten Freshman of the Year
  • Thompson-Randle El Freshman of the Year
  • 3x First Team All-Big Ten
  • 9x Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week
  • 3x Griese-Brees Quarterback of the Year
  • 3rd team AP All-American (2014)
  • Offensive MVP 2016 Fiesta Bowl
  • 2016 Fiesta Bowl Champ
  • Big Ten Champ 2017
OSU RECORDS
  • Most Career Touchdowns - 142
  • Most Career Passing Touchdowns - 102
  • Most Career Passing Yards - 9,320
  • Most Career Total Offense - 12,246
  • Most Season Total Offense - 3,772 (2014)
  • Most Season Touchdowns - 45 (2014)
  • Most Season Passing Touchdowns - 34 (2014)
  • Most Game Touchdowns - 7 (2016, 2017)
  • Most Game Passing Touchdowns - 6 (2014, 2016)
  • Most wins by a starting quarterback against Michigan - 4 (2014-2017)
  • Most wins by a starting quarterback - 37
  • Most Game Total Yards - 423 (2017)

BIG TEN RECORDS
  • Most Season Total Touchdowns - 45 (2014)
  • Most Career Touchdowns - 142
  • Most Career Passing Touchdowns - 102
  • Highest Passing Efficiency Rating - 153.77

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please don't take this the wrong way guys, but I have been long ready for JT to move onfor some time now. I will give him his props and success at The Ohio State and getting his degree. That being said, he is also a big reason why this team isn't playing in the playoff imo. His passing last night on the big sage, was his usual off target to his WRs. The game should have been lopsided in our favor and it wasn't. Maybe that is a blessing for us not to get smacked in the face again by Clemson. I hate to be Debbie Downer, but I want Haskins throwing darts to the WRs instead of the same BS QB draw and other predicted playcalling. Just my opinion.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'll take this moment, in this thread, to say "thanks for the good times, JT". That said, I'm more than ready to see him move on, Haskins time has arrived.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please don't take this the wrong way guys, but I have been long ready for JT to move onfor some time now. I will give him his props and success at The Ohio State and getting his degree. That being said, he is also a big reason why this team isn't playing in the playoff imo. His passing last night on the big sage, was his usual off target to his WRs. The game should have been lopsided in our favor and it wasn't. Maybe that is a blessing for us not to get smacked in the face again by Clemson. I hate to be Debbie Downer, but I want Haskins throwing darts to the WRs instead of the same BS QB draw and other predicted playcalling. Just my opinion.
i'll take this moment, in this thread, to say "thanks for the good times, JT". That said, I'm more than ready to see him move on, Haskins time has arrived.
I think Haskins wins the job, but don't forget Burrows was #2 before he broke his hand. I expect him to compete for a spot next year. Both guys have looked good when they've seen game time.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JT was the leader during four fantastic years at Ohio State. He had his ups and downs and fans, myself included, often were very critical of him. Usually, I can sit back and reflect and realize he doesn't get enough credit for the good things he does. We complain about the bad passes against Wisky but forget about JT in the first quarter running around behind the line not being able to find an open receiver before making a fantastic run for a first down. Next play, TD to McLaurin. 4 and 1 and our line gets demolished and JT gets that first down through sheer willpower and unwillingness to lose.

That's what I'll remember about JT. His records are great and his limitations were frusturating, but I loved that kid's heart. We lose the Penn State game this year without it.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Haskins wins the job, but don't forget Burrows was #2 before he broke his hand. I expect him to compete for a spot next year. Both guys have looked good when they've seen game time.
There has been some rumors swirling that Burrows may transfer? If that is the case, it would be Haskins and Tate Martell backing up.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been some rumors swirling that Burrows may transfer? If that is the case, it would be Haskins and Tate Martell backing up.
Tate is fiesty guy, I like him. I like anyone. Going to be nice to have someone fresh behind center. Hopefully Kevin Wilson excels year 2.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JT was the leader during four fantastic years at Ohio State. He had his ups and downs and fans, myself included, often were very critical of him. Usually, I can sit back and reflect and realize he doesn't get enough credit for the good things he does. We complain about the bad passes against Wisky but forget about JT in the first quarter running around behind the line not being able to find an open receiver before making a fantastic run for a first down. Next play, TD to McLaurin. 4 and 1 and our line gets demolished and JT gets that first down through sheer willpower and unwillingness to lose.

That's what I'll remember about JT. His records are great and his limitations were frusturating, but I loved that kid's heart. We lose the Penn State game this year without it.

well when ya put it that way, i'm gonna miss that kid. but only until kickoff 2018

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well when ya put it that way, i'm gonna miss that kid. but only until kickoff 2018

Hope he goes out with a win. Then on to the future, which looks very bright