• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Shirley gone

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Senior defensive end Josh Shirley leaves Huskies | Husky Football Blog | Seattle Times

Senior defensive end Josh Shirley has left the Washington football program, sources have told The Seattle Times.

Shirley, a former high school all-American from Fontana, Calif., would like to play his senior season closer to his native southern California, a source said.

Reached by phone, Shirley declined comment.

Shirley posted a message on his Instagram account Tuesday with a photo of himself riding a jet ski. “Seattle it’s been real,” he wrote. “Had to have one final ride.”

UPDATE: UW has confirmed the departure of Shirley and announced that sophomore offensive lineman Taylor Hindy has also left the program.
:L :noidea:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This now puts them at 84 scholarships if the Times math is correct so they are one under the cap at this time.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both players are leaving to play at other schools. Other than saying 'staying closer to his cali home' there is no other information on where Shirley is going.

For those who don't remember, Josh was originally recruited to UCLA and was dismissed from that team after he was tied (along with paul richardson and his cousin Shaquille) to the theft of another students backpack. Shirley ended up at UW, Paul at Colorado, and Shaquille at Arizona.

Josh came to UW to play for Sark who had heavily recruited him before he made the commitment to UCLA and Neuheisl.

Chris Fetters is resporting that sources close to the situation are saying UCLA wouldn't turn him away.

How can a kid get kicked off a team, go to another school, and then be taken back? I mean I know they have a new HC now, but really? lol

I think there is a better chance he ends up at USC? :noidea: Don't they have unused scholarships now? And why wouldn't Sark keep being a dick and taking as much as he can from our program? Kind of his M.O. since he left isn't it?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Fetters is resporting that sources close to the situation are saying UCLA wouldn't turn him away.

How can a kid get kicked off a team, go to another school, and then be taken back? I mean I know they have a new HC now, but really? lol

I think there is a better chance he ends up at USC? :noidea: Don't they have unused scholarships now? And why wouldn't Sark keep being a dick and taking as much as he can from our program? Kind of his M.O. since he left isn't it?

Yah this smells, it makes no sense as to why a student player would leave prior his 5yr???

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah this smells, it makes no sense as to why a student player would leave prior his 5yr???

To give him the benefit of the doubt the guy that recruited him here left and this wasn't his first choice to begin with. He only came here after getting tossed off his home town team for that stolen backpack incident.

I'm sure he thought about it all spring and at some point decided there isn't anything left here that he came for. Maybe he didn't click with the new defensive coaching staff.

I'll wait to form an opinion until we know where he's going and what reasons he gives for it.

I think we all loved Shirley, but he was just a situational pass rusher. Had 3 sacks last year? Could have been a whole lot worse.