• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh McDaniels Spuns Colts Stays With Patriots

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to know what Patricia knows and wonder why he hasn’t been cornered ...

Patricia knew that Butler wasn't going to play on defense and tried to make adjustments. They didn't work. He went to the bottom of his barrell when he put Jordan Richards in as the slot CB. No matter what, Patricia isn't going to throw BB under the bus.

It's pretty easy to walk away from the whole thing now. All he has to say is, "I'm no longer a member of the Patriots staff and my focus is on the Detroit Lions."

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but the only way I would believe that is by seeing it. BB has delivered us 5 SB victories in 8 tries. Whatever happened with Butler had to be something. BB isn't an idiot. Kraft isn't an idiot. Let's pretend for one sec that BB really just screwed up. He gets a free pass in my book.

This remind me of 2003 when BB cut Milloy and the Bills spanked the Pats 31 - 0 in the season opener and Milloy started with the "they hate their coach" nonsense and the media ran with it. I think Bill has proven himself since then maybe once or twice.
Milloy was about money. Butler was about....? Milloy wasn't sitting on the bench as a viable option at a critical time.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh McDaniels spurns Colts at the last minute to stay with the Patriots
In a stunner, the Patriots' offensive coordinator isn't leaving New England after all
On Tuesday morning, the Colts announced that they hired Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels to fill their head-coach vacancy. By Tuesday night, the Colts were without a coach again.

As first reported by ESPN's Adam Schefter and confirmed by CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora, McDaniels spurned the Colts to remain in New England. Schefter reported that Patriots owner Robert Kraft sweetened McDaniels' contract to get him to stay.

ESPN's Mike Reiss added that "clarity on Bill Belichick's status in New England" and "stability" for his family were also primary reasons for McDaniels' sudden and unexpected change of heart. Reiss made it clear that Belichick is not retiring before the 2018 season. But McDaniels' decision to stay in New England and Reiss' report indicates that McDaniels might be waiting for Belichick to retire before replacing him as the Patriots' head coach.

Sponsored by The Home Depot
42 in. 19 HP Briggs & Stratton Automatic Gas Front-Engine Riding Mower

The Poulan PRO 42 in. cut, 19 HP Briggs & Stratton Automatic Front-Engine Riding Mower is built around a powerful pressure-lubricated engine to increase engine life. It offers a smooth, rugged, aut...

This is an absolute shocker right up there with Belichick's decision to spurn the Jets before he landed in New England. For pretty much the entire duration of the postseason, the Colts-McDaniels marriage was expected. The only holdup was the Patriots' ongoing Super Bowl run. Sure enough, two days after the Patriots lost to the Eagles in Super Bowl LII, the Colts made it official, even scheduling a press conference.

This is page 2 news, the real story is the sale on that Poulan Pro 42 in chainsaw!!!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't over. Brady was furious with Belichick for not putting Butler in the game. If you watch the game every shot of Brady on the sideline, he's sitting by himself on the bench with a disgusted look on his face.....was that because Butler was sitting or standing near the end of the bench? Brady also tweeted to Butler in support of him. Gary Tanguay said that Brady called Belichick a "fucking asshole". Another supposed quote by Brady was "I'm done with that shithead". I haven't seen anything other than Brady's tweet to Butler, but I'm sure if Brady texted or tweeted anything it would have been all over the news.
I could see some truth in this. Brady just had the offensive SB of a lifetime for any QB and came away with a loss. Combine that with the Alex G fiasco, being 40 years old and now the Butler benching who could blame him?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic McDumbass.

Bronco fans could have told the Colts things would end something similar to this. This guy has done absolutely nothing outside of Foxboro but destroy franchises. He is still a cussword in Denver.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bronco fans could have told the Colts things would end something similar to this. This guy has done absolutely nothing outside of Foxboro but destroy franchises. He is still a cussword in Denver.

Some guys just aren't cut out to be what other people think they may be. McDaniels said it was a family decision for him to stay in New England. Since none of us were invited to sit in on any of his personal conversations with his wife, we all have our opinions and beliefs. I always think the the ultimate....

Mrs. McDaniels says....."Josh, I love you, you're a great father, a great man and I want you to be happy. BUT, if you take the job with the Colts, you go alone. The kids and I love it here and we're not moving. If you go, you can't come back a second time. I'll support you, but not as your wife."

and Josh says..."Gee Hon, I appreciate your honesty, but this job is just too good to pass up. Have your lawyer contact mine and we'll see if I can do something for the kids. I gotta pack now."

@cdumler7.............Please, how many "franchises" did he destroy? I think you're a bit over the top here. If he had "destroyed" the Broncos, there would be no team there. If I remember correctly, didn't his first season with Denver start 6-0?? Oh yeah, after that he purposefully tore the organization to the ground.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some guys just aren't cut out to be what other people think they may be. McDaniels said it was a family decision for him to stay in New England. Since none of us were invited to sit in on any of his personal conversations with his wife, we all have our opinions and beliefs. I always think the the ultimate....

Mrs. McDaniels says....."Josh, I love you, you're a great father, a great man and I want you to be happy. BUT, if you take the job with the Colts, you go alone. The kids and I love it here and we're not moving. If you go, you can't come back a second time. I'll support you, but not as your wife."

and Josh says..."Gee Hon, I appreciate your honesty, but this job is just too good to pass up. Have your lawyer contact mine and we'll see if I can do something for the kids. I gotta pack now."

@cdumler7.............Please, how many "franchises" did he destroy? I think you're a bit over the top here. If he had "destroyed" the Broncos, there would be no team there. If I remember correctly, didn't his first season with Denver start 6-0?? Oh yeah, after that he purposefully tore the organization to the ground.

I would hope you would understand the "destroyed" part as being a bit tongue in cheek. The Broncos recovered obviously pretty well having gone to 2 Super Bowls since his departure what 7 years ago. And the Colts honestly the coaches now being connected to them today I would much rather have than McDaniels any day of the week. I don't think he will be a good head coach in the NFL. He is a good offensive mind but I think he could be like Dick LeBeau of figuring out that he should just stay at coordinator.

The lives he did not help though are the coaches that had already signed with the Colts and moved their families to Indy. Those are the people that this whole situation infuriates me and well many around the NFL from what I'm hearing. It was a dick move on his part. Maybe it is best for his family. This situation though changes everything for a lot of families beyond just his own and he should have thought about that before making such a commitment to make an organization, players, and other coaches think he was heading there. I think he is one of the bigger jerks in the entire NFL. You would not believe some of the stories during his time here in Denver. He was an absolute nightmare that no coach, player, or person in the FO was sad to see go from here. His actions on and off the field while in Denver are something that I have never seen from another coach in my time of watching the NFL.

And yes he started out 6-0 while here in Denver. Josh McDaniels though had very little to do with that. Mike Nolan was a much bigger reason that happened. The team didn't give up more than 10 points in the first 4 games of the season. It was during the bye week (after that 6 game win streak) that McDaniels came to Nolan told him he didn't like how he was calling games and pretty much told him he was changing the entire defensive playbook to something he more liked. So McDaniels was pretty much calling the plays for the offense and defense. He only won 5 more games during his tenure with the Broncos after that 6 game start.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm hoping we can get him to replace Tomlin... but he's done as a HC candidate after this move.

We own him... I just don't think he's HC material. Unfortunately, we're going to probably find out - up close and personal, eventually.

Last edited:

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe this is a culmination of things. 1. Josh not wanting to uproot his family. 2. Kraft counter offering. 3. Josh more time under BB. 4. Josh potentially being heir apparent WHEN THE TIME COMES. 5. Kraft sticking it to the Colts.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe this is a culmination of things. 1. Josh not wanting to uproot his family. 2. Kraft counter offering. 3. Josh more time under BB. 4. Josh potentially being heir apparent WHEN THE TIME COMES. 5. Kraft sticking it to the Colts.

That last one is one I wonder if that could come back to bite Kraft in the butt. Other owners will look at that and what he did to another organization/owner and some of his other actions where he has gone against the flow of things and I could see the other owners banning together against him on some big issue.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That last one is one I wonder if that could come back to bite Kraft in the butt. Other owners will look at that and what he did to another organization/owner and some of his other actions where he has gone against the flow of things and I could see the other owners banning together against him on some big issue.
I doubt that will happen, Irsay started this ball rolling it's all on the Colts, IMO.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt that will happen, Irsay started this ball rolling it's all on the Colts, IMO.

Other owners though seemed to really push for Brady to be suspended. From what I understand they were not satisfied with the punishment that was handed out during spygate and felt like this was a bit of a retrograde type punishment for past sins. I've also heard that some of the other teams are just fed up with some of the things the Pats do to try and get an edge to win. Goes pretty far into the gray area of things. Hey can't fault them for doing it as has obviously led to a ton of success but as what usually happens success brings about enemies.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other owners though seemed to really push for Brady to be suspended. From what I understand they were not satisfied with the punishment that was handed out during spygate and felt like this was a bit of a retrograde type punishment for past sins. I've also heard that some of the other teams are just fed up with some of the things the Pats do to try and get an edge to win. Goes pretty far into the gray area of things. Hey can't fault them for doing it as has obviously led to a ton of success but as what usually happens success brings about enemies.
Okay you hear, you hear, you hear but you post nothing to substantiate anything. See this is the same issue I have with the media when they use terms like " Unnamed Sources or Sources close to the organization ", what does that mean Ole lady O'Connell that live 5 minutes from Foxborough? If the owners took time to read the wells report it clearly stated Brady SHOULD have been aware!! How do you suspend someone for that?

Kraft is one of the most powerful owners in the league I think he is none to worried about other owners.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay you hear, you hear, you hear but you post nothing to substantiate anything. See this is the same issue I have with the media when they use terms like " Unnamed Sources or Sources close to the organization ", what does that mean Ole lady O'Connell that live 5 minutes from Foxborough? If the owners took time to read the wells report it clearly stated Brady SHOULD have been aware!! How do you suspend someone for that?

Kraft is one of the most powerful owners in the league I think he is none to worried about other owners.

I work for CBS Sports and have connections around the league. No person names their sources. They stop being your sources the second they get named. People have been fired from organizations because they chose the wrong person to trust with private information. The stories I could tell you of things that happen around the league would shock you. The behind the scenes stuff is way crazier than anything the media actually even reports. So I'm sorry that makes you upset but we are talking about people's jobs/families/career goals all on the line just to give you a name.

If you want an article though to back up what I'm saying just to show I'm not trying to make this crap up well here is a piece from the Washington Post that also quotes an article from Sports Illustrated. Two of the biggest media outlets especially when it comes to sports in the country...

The NFL’s owners all hate the Patriots because of Deflategate

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work for CBS Sports and have connections around the league. No person names their sources. They stop being your sources the second they get named. People have been fired from organizations because they chose the wrong person to trust with private information. The stories I could tell you of things that happen around the league would shock you. The behind the scenes stuff is way crazier than anything the media actually even reports. So I'm sorry that makes you upset but we are talking about people's jobs/families/career goals all on the line just to give you a name.

If you want an article though to back up what I'm saying just to show I'm not trying to make this crap up well here is a piece from the Washington Post that also quotes an article from Sports Illustrated. Two of the biggest media outlets especially when it comes to sports in the country...

The NFL’s owners all hate the Patriots because of Deflategate

The NFL’s owners all hate the Patriots because of Deflategate[/QUOTE]

Well does not really matter to me where you work, who you know, who you blow. If a write is going to state sources without stating sources I have no use for what they are writing, IMO it's either speculative, personal or a flat out lie. To many times we have read sources only to read two months later is was all bullshit. Sports writers are a shell of once they once were, they no longer fact check, they lack integrity and are so worried about being the first to post something they don't care who they hurt in the process. This is exactly why BB and the Pats handle the press like they do, they are all leeches in need of a hefty dose of table salt.

By the way I am an astronaut.

Last edited:

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see it differently. This move is actually the deflategate lie coming back to bite Irsay and the Colts. Also, nobody in the NFL respects Irsay. All of the "Josh is done" talk is simply the effect of there being no news in the NFL right now. The Pats are the easiest target for tabloid material.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Josh got a very long term and lucrative deal to stay in NE. So there is that.

So the league wanted to get back at spygate and all we did was win the SB and have biggest come back doing it....Look who got back at who....