• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh McDaniels says "Not Interetsed"

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jed really messed up on that one, but gotta move on. You can't change the past. If you dwell on the past, you might miss out what the future has in store for you.
Good advice but by the time the 49ers are relevant again I may have died of old age.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good advice but by the time the 49ers are relevant again I may have died of old age.

Don't say that Montalban. I too hope that the Niners be relevant again sooner than later. It's really bad when they have been compared to the Browns. It's hard to be optimistic when Jed is running the show. At least he has shown willingness to eat the contracts of coaches that were hired by mistake. Anyways, let's hope for the best and have yourself a great rest of the week.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't say that Montalban. I too hope that the Niners be relevant again sooner than later. It's really bad when they have been compared to the Browns. It's hard to be optimistic when Jed is running the show. At least he has shown willingness to eat the contracts of coaches that were hired by mistake. Anyways, let's hope for the best and have yourself a great rest of the week.
It is hard to be optimistic when the team has been decimated in every area and is headed by a group that it appears has no clue or legitimate plan on to how to fix it.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hard to be optimistic when the team has been decimated in every area and is headed by a group that it appears has no clue or legitimate plan on to how to fix it.

In every storm, a rainbow appears. I'm hoping for that rainbow. Jed is under tremendous pressure to make this right. There's no where to go but up.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In every storm, a rainbow appears. I'm hoping for that rainbow. Jed is under tremendous pressure to make this right. There's no where to go but up.
Not sure there are any Joe Montanas, Steve Youngs, Jerry Rices or Ronnie Lotts on the horizon. Its going to be a long road.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

IF we get lucky in the draft, things can change in a hurry. I'm of course referring to a QB who might be GOOD as early as the following season. A quality QB alone, will lift this team a lot in 2 seasons.

We have a high pick in each round of the draft, plus extra picks in the later rounds. Not all later picks will 'hit', but some of these guys will provide solid depth, or play good situational roles. After 2 seasons, there will still be cap room to add better FA's.

Next season we'd expect to have a decent draft slot again. Yes, unfortunately but that is also reality. So this coming season won't be good, but the following could be competitive.

All signs point to Shanahan signing, and to him having input on the GM. So this new pair will run the show, not Jed.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF we get lucky in the draft, things can change in a hurry. I'm of course referring to a QB who might be GOOD as early as the following season. A quality QB alone, will lift this team a lot in 2 seasons.

We have a high pick in each round of the draft, plus extra picks in the later rounds. Not all later picks will 'hit', but some of these guys will provide solid depth, or play good situational roles. After 2 seasons, there will still be cap room to add better FA's.

Next season we'd expect to have a decent draft slot again. Yes, unfortunately but that is also reality. So this coming season won't be good, but the following could be competitive.

All signs point to Shanahan signing, and to him having input on the GM. So this new pair will run the show, not Jed.
But where do we even start. We are at the bottom of the barrel in almost every part of the game with the possible exception of D Line where we are a little better off. We have holes everywhere. If you stick your finger in the dyke that is the 49er roster to plug a leak another springs up and then another. We can't even attract good coaches here much less good players. I'm really bummed.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
But where do we even start. We are at the bottom of the barrel in almost every part of the game with the possible exception of D Line where we are a little better off. We have holes everywhere. If you stick your finger in the dyke that is the 49er roster to plug a leak another springs up and then another. We can't even attract good coaches here much less good players. I'm really bummed.

In the big general picture, you stick to the BPA side of the spectrum, thru the draft. Add the most talent you can from the draft, not fill the most needs you can.

To be more specific to the bolden, most of us know it doesn't appear to be QB. So next i'd go Barnett or other 3 down OLB, with pass rush skills. If there is no worthy pass rushing OLB, take the guy who is most likely to pan out All-Pro. If that ends up Allen, a Safety, WR, or CB, draft him.

In Round 2 to 4, i'd do the same, take the guy who is most likely to become All-Pro.

The following draft you do the same thing, accumulate guys who are most likely to become All Pro.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the big general picture, you stick to the BPA side of the spectrum, thru the draft. Add the most talent you can from the draft, not fill the most needs you can.

To be more specific to the bolden, most of us know it doesn't appear to be QB. So next i'd go Barnett or other 3 down OLB, with pass rush skills. If there is no worthy pass rushing OLB, take the guy who is most likely to pan out All-Pro. If that ends up Allen, a Safety, WR, or CB, draft him.

In Round 2 to 4, i'd do the same, take the guy who is most likely to become All-Pro.

The following draft you do the same thing, accumulate guys who are most likely to become All Pro.
We don't even have a single receiver who could crack another NFL roster so that is an area of need as well.