• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh McDaniels says "Not Interetsed"

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would the next coach will have a long leash. I can't imagine the Niners hiring a new coach after the 2017 season. That would be a first to fire four coaches in four years. Shanahan will probably have some demands. He's in a good situation knowing that the Niners don't have another candidate. If he turns down the Niners down, Jed and company are back to square one.

Shanahan has a number of high demands. He wants final say on roster and draft choices. He is in a way putting himself above the GM. Shanahan has a lot of leverage at this point

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan has a number of high demands. He wants final say on roster and draft choices. He is in a way putting himself above the GM. Shanahan has a lot of leverage at this point

At this point, the Niners don't have much of a choice. Candidates for the GM have either declined interviews or decided to withdraw from consideration. Although the Niners are starting on a clean slate, potential candidates are probably leary about what has transpired the last three years (including Harbaugh's last year). It will be up to Shanahan and the GM to infuse talent on this roster. I'm hoping by the 2019 season, the Niners are back in the playoffs.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, the Niners don't have much of a choice. Candidates for the GM have either declined interviews or decided to withdraw from consideration. Although the Niners are starting on a clean slate, potential candidates are probably leary about what has transpired the last three years (including Harbaugh's last year). It will be up to Shanahan and the GM to infuse talent on this roster. I'm hoping by the 2019 season, the Niners are back in the playoffs.

I think they are interviewing the three GM candidates they really wanted. The latest is Gutenkast is the favorite for the GM job and he is the favorite and that is the reason Wolf bowed out

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are interviewing the three GM candidates they really wanted. The latest is Gutenkast is the favorite for the GM job and he is the favorite and that is the reason Wolf bowed out

I think Wolf got received an extension from the Packers. I do like Gutekunst background as director of personnel and college scout. I'm sure he will do a better job than Baalke (really low bar). My hope is that both will coexist and put egos aside. If the Niners have success (playoff apperance) within three years, there will be enough accolades to go around. Don't want another alpha male (Baalke)!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Shanahan will most likely be the new head coach. He would be a much better pick than McDaniel.
Will that be 4 head coaches the 49ers will now be paying. (Kelly, Tomsula, Harbaugh and Shanahan)? What a mess!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! Gutekunst took and assistant's job with Green Bay rather than take the head job with the 49ers.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Will that be 4 head coaches the 49ers will now be paying. (Kelly, Tomsula, Harbaugh and Shanahan)? What a mess!

Yes, a big mess but what are the options?

We certainly wouldn't want to retain HC's, until their contracts run out.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, a big mess but what are the options?

We certainly wouldn't want to retain HC's, until their contracts run out.
Put adult supervision on Jed York so this does not happen again?

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers are not paying Harbaugh. They never agreed to a new contract

Tomsula was just hired by the Redskins as DL coach. I wonder what happens to the money owed to him by the Niners. Does he still get the full amount owed to him?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomsula was just hired by the Redskins as DL coach. I wonder what happens to the money owed to him by the Niners. Does he still get the full amount owed to him?

I don't think so, I believe what the 49ers owe him will be partially offset by what he is making as Washington's Dline coach

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was wrong. I just read there was no offset in Tomsula's contract so he is due the full amount whether he coaches somewhere else or not.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Patterson. What a life he has! Must be nice!!
From what I've read, the offset provision for contracts is common. Shows the lack of experience in the 49ers FO. Tomsula isn't a candidate an would be worth such a concession

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea , that was the past. Need to focus on what the 9ers might have of a future.

On a couple of other 49er facebook sites I visit, there are people that are still consumed over Harbaugh being fired and complain nonstop about it. I don't get it. It is done and over with. If they are that ticked off, just quit following the team and find another hobby.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. I cannot get over York's bungling of this once great franchise. He is an embarrassment.

Jed really messed up on that one, but gotta move on. You can't change the past. If you dwell on the past, you might miss out what the future has in store for you.