• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joseph -“Chad Kelly is our second string QB”

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, ya showed me.

Backbiting have at it . enjoy .

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just trying to understand here...Is backbiting a fetish or just a tamer version of back stabbing ? Help

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a stud at Ole Miss before he got hurt, if his boneheaded ways are behind him and he's healthy, he could be the greatest Mr Irrelevant of all time.

Keenum had a great season last year, but given what he was before last year, I'm skeptical to say the least.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton Lynch had a few flashes. Coming in to relieve Siemian in the Tampa Bay game comes to mind. Outside of that, he's looked poor in camp, weekly practices and NFL games that he played in. At some point if it walks like a duck......
I think when he sprained his ankle vs Oakland, that was his last, best chance. I recall him weeping on the sideline after the injury.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when he sprained his ankle vs Oakland, that was his last, best chance. I recall him weeping on the sideline after the injury.

Oh, he was weeping all right. He quickly realized that re-hab was going to steal some of his video game time away. His whole world came crashing down at that point.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Case Keenum and Chad Kelly are stylistically a better 1-2 QB combination than having Lynch in the equation.

The good news about Paxton Lynch is - at least he wasn't as bad a pick as Ryan Leaf.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway was quoted today saying he isn't satisfied at what is behind Keenum. He wants a guy behind him he knows he can win with. I took that as not a knock on Kelly but more of an experience thing. Lynch is gone.

I think we are gonna end up with Glennon or Bridgewater. I still invision Glennon, not that he makes me happy but feels like the Elway like move. I can live with him as the backup. Would rather Bridgewater.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway was quoted today saying he isn't satisfied at what is behind Keenum. He wants a guy behind him he knows he can win with. I took that as not a knock on Kelly but more of an experience thing. Lynch is gone.

I think we are gonna end up with Glennon or Bridgewater. I still invision Glennon, not that he makes me happy but feels like the Elway like move. I can live with him as the backup. Would rather Bridgewater.

Agree on this - Bridgewater would be better, but harder to acquire. Agree Lynch is going - going - gone.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think Kelly is an odd mix of Cutler and Tebow. But in a good way. He's got a big arm, good mobility and probably trusts his arm a little too much at times. Sounds a bit like Cutler.

And he's also very complimentary of his teammates, saying how them making plays made him seem better. Very much like the things Tebow said if his teammates in his time here. Not to mention, dude inspired guys around him to almost overcome a 3 score, second-half deficit.

Take the best of those 2 guys, sprinkle in the ability to effectively read a defense, and you got one heck of a QB.

I honestly hope they don't bring in another QB. I'd say just roll with Keenum and Kelly and continue to work on developing Chad. Don't bring in another arm to take reps and time away from him.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think Kelly is an odd mix of Cutler and Tebow. But in a good way. He's got a big arm, good mobility and probably trusts his arm a little too much at times. Sounds a bit like Cutler.

And he's also very complimentary of his teammates, saying how them making plays made him seem better. Very much like the things Tebow said if his teammates in his time here. Not to mention, dude inspired guys around him to almost overcome a 3 score, second-half deficit.

Take the best of those 2 guys, sprinkle in the ability to effectively read a defense, and you got one heck of a QB.

I honestly hope they don't bring in another QB. I'd say just roll with Keenum and Kelly and continue to work on developing Chad. Don't bring in another arm to take reps and time away from him.
:agree:

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get that - Meg - entirely. He's got a Tebow like on field leadership - and a gunslinger like Cutler.

I think he handled the media well after being named 2nd team QB - ah shuckzing about the teammates making him look good.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just think Elway is always in the win now mode and doesn't want to risk having a 2nd string QB that's never played in the NFL. I still think he'll bring in an insurance policy behind Keenum until Kelly gets more time. Like everyone else, Bridgewater seems like the better pick but demand for his services will likely be very competitive. Damn, the Jets actually did something good in the off-season!

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think Elway is always in the win now mode and doesn't want to risk having a 2nd string QB that's never played in the NFL. I still think he'll bring in an insurance policy behind Keenum until Kelly gets more time. Like everyone else, Bridgewater seems like the better pick but demand for his services will likely be very competitive. Damn, the Jets actually did something good in the off-season!

And therein lies the problem. Elway seems to think bringing in retreads helps "win now," rather than taking a chance on a developmental QB. We gave up on Sloter to sign Osweiler.

Not that Sloter is anything great, but I'd much rather have seen the Broncs taken a chance on Sloter than waste a roster spot on known marginal talent like Osweiler.

The idea that a vet is better than a rook purely because he "has experience" led us to a 5-11 season. I just think I'd hate to see the same happens with Kelly. I don't want to waste my time watching my team have another losing season, starting marginal QBs, while they could be getting experience for a potential franchise QB.

Keenum is a stop gap, unless he lights the world on fire. All the coaching should go into developing Kelly. Another "vet" brought in doesn't help that situation.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And therein lies the problem. Elway seems to think bringing in retreads helps "win now," rather than taking a chance on a developmental QB. We gave up on Sloter to sign Osweiler.

Not that Sloter is anything great, but I'd much rather have seen the Broncs taken a chance on Sloter than waste a roster spot on known marginal talent like Osweiler.

The idea that a vet is better than a rook purely because he "has experience" led us to a 5-11 season. I just think I'd hate to see the same happens with Kelly. I don't want to waste my time watching my team have another losing season, starting marginal QBs, while they could be getting experience for a potential franchise QB.

Keenum is a stop gap, unless he lights the world on fire. All the coaching should go into developing Kelly. Another "vet" brought in doesn't help that situation.

I get that argument but developing a young QB goes out the window if the starter goes down. I think Elway wants his cake and the ability to eat it too. Develop Kelly and have a sidelined vet just in case. Conservative approach I know but seems to be more how the league is wired. Just my opinion. We'll see how this unfolds. Hopefully this doesn't matter, as Keenum goes out and lights things up!

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that argument but developing a young QB goes out the window if the starter goes down. I think Elway wants his cake and the ability to eat it too. Develop Kelly and have a sidelined vet just in case. Conservative approach I know but seems to be more how the league is wired. Just my opinion. We'll see how this unfolds. Hopefully this doesn't matter, as Keenum goes out and lights things up!

So we bring in whatever cast off another team doesn't want or is willing to trade us. Do we really think that cast off is going lead the team to victories? Most of the time if the backup QB has to play your chances of winning are dramatically reduced so why not use those snaps to give the young guy a chance to learn in the real season. Preseason is great but if we never let a young guy take snaps in an NFL game we are never going to actually developed anyone and will always be looking for the next cast off to save our season.

I do not disagree that Elway will probably bring a vet, heck it might be Oz again. I am saying I don't agree with the mindset that we need a vet to win now.

I would like to see Keenum and Kelly as the only 2 QBs on the 53 man roster and grab a young guy that gets cut to be on the PS. There are so many guys on this team that could contribute in other positions that why waste a roster spot with a 3rd guy when if you have to play him the season is swirling at the bottom of the toilet.