• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jose Quintana traded to Cubs

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well coming off a World Series victory and now having the record they currently have.... Most GMs with open pockets would try... But I will agree seems like they gave up a lot for him... But what did you expect after a trade like Sale's... Price tag for Quintana would be very steep
What happens if Quintana either gets injured or under performs?

AllBettsAreOff

unfathomable pinheadery
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens if Quintana either gets injured or under performs?

What if Dylan Cease gets Tommy John surgery or never improves his command and moves to the bullpen? What if Jimenez doesn't pan out? Prospects have question marks too, you know. And it's not like these guys are in AAA either, they're in A ball. They still need to prove themselves at higher levels.

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White Sox now with 9 of the Top 100 prospects

Trading Sale and Quintana has had the same effect as the Yankees trading Miller and Chapman last season

Well done

I think 10 if you count Luis Robert. No?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone is buying that you or any White Sox fan would've been happy to only get Cease in a trade for Jose Quintana. No way man.

I would have been thrilled with only Jiminez. Let's not pretend like he isn't the centerpiece in this deal for the White Sox. Getting a top 100 pitching prospect on top of Jiminez, is what really pushes the compensation over the top. IMO

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have been thrilled with only Jiminez. Let's not pretend like he isn't the centerpiece in this deal for the White Sox. Getting a top 100 pitching prospect on top of Jiminez, is what really pushes the compensation over the top. IMO
That is much more believable. Jimenez is a great talent. I could believe someone saying they're only happy with him. And sure, Cease is a nice addition. But nobody would've been happy with just Cease for Quintana...except Cubs fans, lol.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if Dylan Cease gets Tommy John surgery or never improves his command and moves to the bullpen? What if Jimenez doesn't pan out? Prospects have question marks too, you know. And it's not like these guys are in AAA either, they're in A ball. They still need to prove themselves at higher levels.
this nonsense reminds me of the wil myers trade and how everyone thought KC got fleeced (does KC win a WS without wade davis) myers gets traded 2 years later to purgotory (SD)
Takes years to know who won a trade:suds:

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this nonsense reminds me of the wil myers trade and how everyone thought KC got fleeced (does KC win a WS without wade davis) myers gets traded 2 years later to purgotory (SD)
Takes years to know who won a trade:suds:
After the dust settled on that deal, Tampa did pretty well too though. They also got Jake Odorizzi and then were able to flip Myers (plus Ryan Hanigan and couple minor leaguers) for Steven Souza. The Royals won a WS, so they obviously would do the deal again, but I think the Rays would also.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the dust settled on that deal, Tampa did pretty well too though. They also got Jake Odorizzi and then were able to flip Myers (plus Ryan Hanigan and couple minor leaguers) for Steven Souza. The Royals won a WS, so they obviously would do the deal again, but I think the Rays would also.
oh i agree but when it happened most said the royals got screwed:suds:

AllBettsAreOff

unfathomable pinheadery
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh i agree but when it happened most said the royals got screwed:suds:

Not to mention they got two very solid years out of Shields (127 ERA+, 455.2 innings and 7.2 WAR (Fangraphs)). Myers has only played one full season (in fact, it was his only season with more than 90 games) and he had a 113 OPS+. It came along with some good defense and baserunning, but it's still not great production from a 1B. Myers has a 104 OPS+ so far this year.