• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Spieth = Diva??

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players Championship 2017: Jordan Spieth was so unhappy with how a bunker was raked that he took a photo - Golf Digest

"Yeah, it was just a bunker that was raked to where it just kind of looked like somebody didn't really care much to do it or were rushing off the green, because I had, I was, I think, in worse than a plugged lie, when it just trickled into it," said Spieth, who began his opening round on the back nine. "And I overreacted probably a bit, but all in all, you just don't see that very often and I know my guy, Michael, rakes and makes sure that that's exactly the way that it was when he went in there, so that if you hit it in the bunker, everybody gets the same kind of thing."

Spieth told Morning Read's Alex Miceli that it was playing partner Phil Mickelson who suggested he take a photo.

"Guys are very good 99.9 percent of the time and that was very frustrating, because I knew where I was, from a normal lie, it wasn't too bad; and from that lie I had no chance," Spieth added. "So it was a frustrating time in the round there where I was trying to kind of get some momentum going."

Instead, he made a deflating double bogey. Spieth's third shot wound up about 51 feet away from the hole and he three-putted.

So if it was a bad rake job, who was the guilty party? There are a lot of candidates considering Spieth was in the 20th group on Thursday to play No. 1. That means if Spieth -- or anyone else -- cares to get to the bottom of this, they're going to have to do a lot of, um, digging.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't aware during an actual round that counts professionals carry their cell phones

game

Hoopla Cash
$ 9.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think this makes him a diva at all.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the pic of the lie, but I think Jordan was being a diva...he seems to be forgetting that bunkers are indeed hazards, you shouldn't be guaranteed a perfect lie. Whether it was a bad rake job or it just plugged...you play it and move on.

I can't count how many times I've encountered a ball in a footprint or bunker not raked at all.

Suck it up Spieth!!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the pic of the lie, but I think Jordan was being a diva...he seems to be forgetting that bunkers are indeed hazards, you shouldn't be guaranteed a perfect lie. Whether it was a bad rake job or it just plugged...you play it and move on.

I can't count how many times I've encountered a ball in a footprint or bunker not raked at all.

Suck it up Spieth!!

Also... Just because you "THOUGHT" it landed softly in the bunker doesn't actually mean it did... It's sand for crying out loud.

I get he probably was just really frustrated about his game currently at the time but still

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucker is lucky he doesn't end up in the kind of sand traps i do...the ones nobody rakes cuz they're too fucking lazy.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucker is lucky he doesn't end up in the kind of sand traps i do...the ones nobody rakes cuz they're too fucking lazy.

PGAT players are basically spoiled when it comes to course conditions...we got the play Sugarloaf CC the Monday after the Bellsouth (former PGA stop here) was played. We had played it several times before, always very nice, but they way it was set up for the pros was another level.

Fairways probably running like a 9 on a stimp...I'm serious. I hit more 250-260 yd drives that traveled well over 300 yds than I ever have. And the greens were like table top glass smooth.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, he should handled that in house.

And now that it's a big deal, who do you think is going to get the blame and put on the hot seat?
Some poor caddy.

I bet video will surface on who was in that bunker last.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, he should handled that in house.

And now that it's a big deal, who do you think is going to get the blame and put on the hot seat?
Some poor caddy.

I bet video will surface on who was in that bunker last.

Unless there was a camera crew stationed on that hole, they may never know for sure...the GC people were saying that one, maybe two of his former Longhorn teammates may have been in that bunker prior.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless there was a camera crew stationed on that hole, they may never know for sure...the GC people were saying that one, maybe two of his former Longhorn teammates may have been in that bunker prior.

also... I know it's an "unwritten rule" about making it fair play but in all honesty it's not in this game. and it's a bunker, i know caddies get training on how to rake and everything but come on... They might have been on the clock and couldn't get the job done complete. Who knows.