• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Howard, totally overrated

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the kid is going to be special. I can rattle off a dozen third round picks that haven't done jack shit for us. Then we waste a No. 3 pick on a position we're already solid at. It reminds me of trading Marshall and then drafting White. It just seemed unnecessary(Obviously Marshall is a head case) I don't think that's the case with Howard. He seems very professional.

I just don't like the idea of trading a second year player that had an outstanding rookie campaign, for a guy that has never stepped foot on an NFL field, and some redshirt rookie 3rd rder

1st of all..........just because theres been bad picks,does not mean it would be another bad pick........That's like saying just cause we have had bad 1st rd picks before,all will 1st rd`ers will be bad picks......nonsense.

2ndly......Say they did trade Howard for a 3rd and we drafted Fournette ,and the 3rd rd`er didn`t pan out,well we would still end up with Fournette a stud rb and still have our original 3rd rd pick........And better yet,say the 3rd rd pick we traded for turned out to be a very good pick,we`d still have a stud rb with another good draftee....So actually I think it very well could be a great idea.

The only tricky part would be is trying to trade Howard after you see that Fournette was not drafted in the very 1st or 2nd pick.............it would suck we traded him and then someone traded up to draft Fournette ahead of us..........

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st of all..........just because theres been bad picks,does not mean it would be another bad pick........That's like saying just cause we have had bad 1st rd picks before,all will 1st rd`ers will be bad picks......nonsense.

2ndly......Say they did trade Howard for a 3rd and we drafted Fournette ,and the 3rd rd`er didn`t pan out,well we would still end up with Fournette a stud rb and still have our original 3rd rd pick........And better yet,say the 3rd rd pick we traded for turned out to be a very good pick,we`d still have a stud rb with another good draftee....So actually I think it very well could be a great idea.

The only tricky part would be is trying to trade Howard after you see that Fournette was not drafted in the very 1st or 2nd pick.............it would suck we traded him and then someone traded up to draft Fournette ahead of us..........

I was making a point. That it could easily end up a wash is all. I'm just generally not in favor of using the 3rd overall pick to take a position we were already stable at. Maybe if it was the franchise QB type of deal.

I dunno, I don't know too much about Fournette. I like what I've seen from Howard tho. I would rather us use the No. 3, on an impact player that also fills a need. The bears have lots of holes to fill, and I suppose you could argue that adding an additional 3rd rd pick helps that cause, but I dunno. Is Fournette that much of a home-run?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the return we got from Brandon Marshall ended up being the pick they used for Amos, but all the woulda coulda........

My view is 3rd overall and BPA even if BPA is currently the stud player you have in Ego or Hicks. Pretty sure Allen would surplant Unrein from the starting lineup, but some list him as a 4-3 DT, just like Solomon is listed as a 4-3 DE. My gut says Fangio is not crazy about either of them. Do we want to see people "trying out" for new positions or learning all over again? We watched a shit load of DT's not make the transition to NT or DE.

Pretty sure Marshon Lattimore would be our best cornerback. Hooker or Adams will play opposite of Cooper, is that their natural position.

QB, while I do not mind sitting a QB for a year, we have to survive the year, and Glennon, Dirty and Shaw might get us thru, then there is the need to protect him all year, which means no practice squad.

Fournette is a back that needs carries and why replace a locked up position with talent behind it. I dont mind watching them move Langford, but Carey did a good backup job, but will the bears actually be running 60% plus this year where you need two beasts?

Downside, picking the first QB in this draft will get negative comments, drafting a safety so high will be negative comments, unless its an urlacher type guy that will get big and be a linebacker.

All this time thinking we get the third best prospect this year for our bad season, and there is not a no brainer way to pick.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was making a point. That it could easily end up a wash is all. I'm just generally not in favor of using the 3rd overall pick to take a position we were already stable at. Maybe if it was the franchise QB type of deal.

I dunno, I don't know too much about Fournette. I like what I've seen from Howard tho. I would rather us use the No. 3, on an impact player that also fills a need. The bears have lots of holes to fill, and I suppose you could argue that adding an additional 3rd rd pick helps that cause, but I dunno. Is Fournette that much of a home-run?

And totally agree........The trade was something that was in the back of my mind....I thought it was kinda funny someone else had the same idea was all.
And you are exactly right,rb is not a need that I see,but fournette I believe would be the better back.
And for guys that think our team drafts by bpa,Fournette very well could be rated that high by the fo......
I actually just read where they compared him to Adrian Peterson. :noidea:

But as AI said"with the 3rd pick,we should not go wrong with who we take".............

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the return we got from Brandon Marshall ended up being the pick they used for Amos, but all the woulda coulda........

That's actually a good tidbit of information. I did not know that.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's actually a good tidbit of information. I did not know that.

I can not taking credit for that, it was brought up last year when we did not have any healthy receivers after Marshall was run out of town. Now if Amos loses his spot we can finally lay that one to rest.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see stats, the genius sees through stats. Mark my words, Howard is overrated and will be exposed. I said it first, and when the shit hits the fan, everyone here will be saying they saw it too. It happens every time.

If I ran the Bears, i would trade high on Howard.

Man, I am too good.