• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Hicks Out For Season

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Left achilles injury...:doh:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really need to be loading up at the LB spot in recruiting. Some of our young guys (Edmonds, Santos...) are not panning out. Hicks hasn't been able to stay healthy for 2 years. Jenkins has looked just ok.

This is going to be a problem for this year and for time to come.

Any early word yet on Ash?

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hopeful our LBs will make up for the loss of Hicks. GR's schemes are being better implemented by all the players. Hopefully, every game they will show improvement.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ash is maybe, but with lingering concussion symptoms he should not play in the Iowa State game. That would give him 3 weeks to recover, which might be enough for the RRS.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ash is maybe, but with lingering concussion symptoms he should not play in the Iowa State game. That would give him 3 weeks to recover, which might be enough for the RRS.

Agreed on Iowa State. If we stick to defense, running the ball, and trust Case we will be able to get by them. No way Mack will let him take that big of a risk with a brain injury. If he's not ready in 3 weeks time - they may shut him down for the year.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for Jordan on a personal level, the guy has lots of talent and just hasn't been able to stay on the field. With that said, Until we have a real coach and not some cheesy "CEO" who doesn't know anything about football, It's hard to take this team seriously.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on Iowa State. If we stick to defense, running the ball, and trust Case we will be able to get by them. No way Mack will let him take that big of a risk with a brain injury. If he's not ready in 3 weeks time - they may shut him down for the year.

I remember when Mackovic got a concussion when he was on the sideline. Longhorns went on a losing streak. Some time later Mackovic admitted he suffered confusion for at least a month due to the concussion.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ready to say the LB's suck. _iaz was their position coach and all. Might take awhile to undo what he did though. They look slow, but I believe most of that is because they are lacking the mental game. Everyone raves about Edmunds speed for his size and Jinkens is supposedly a bullet. It doesn't show on the field most likely because they were thinking instead of playing. Their former position coach tried to make simple addition into calculus.